Subject: Re: [Crisp] REMINDER: LAST CALL

From: David Blacka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:09:19 -0500

On Friday 26 March 2004 1:27 pm, April Marine wrote:
> Just a reminder that we are about halfway through working group last call
> on the following docs:
>
> draft-ietf-crisp-iris-core-05.txt
> draft-ietf-crisp-iris-dreg-05.txt
> draft-ietf-crisp-iris-beep-05.txt
>
> So far discussion has been, well, minimal is too big a word.  That's fine
> if you have no issues.  But I should warn you that we are going to be
> inclined to give "after last call" input as little attention as we
> possibly can without ignoring some show-stopping item should it descend
> upon us.

Given that there has be zero discussion on this last call, I thought that I 
would report that I have actually reviewed iris-core-05 and hope to review 
beep-05 and dreg-05 very shortly.  I did not find any substative issues with 
core-05 (except... see below) but I did find a number of editorial issues 
that I have forwarded to the authors.

The only non-editorial issue that I found in iris-core was about the <limit> 
element.  It occurred to me that the <limit> element is, by its very nature, 
unable to express all of the possible different actual policies that might be 
in effect.  It might be a good idea to 1) allow servers to express in XML 
that there are additional unepxressed limits in place and 2) provide a way 
for server operators to point clients at (arbitrary) text within the <limits> 
element.  This text could be used to either describe the actual limits in 
words, or provide other policy information.

-- 
David Blacka    <[email-masked]> 
Sr. Engineer    Verisign Applied Research

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:24:27 -0500

> that I have forwarded to the authors.

Thanks for the edits.

> words, or provide other policy information.

(this is referencing 3.3.7.2, btw)

Marcos and I debated this in the last round.  We decided there were two 
approaches: 1) go overboard and express everything imaginable, or 2) 
just express things we've seen.  We opted for 2.

But this is a good idea.  Adding an <otherRestrictions> (or something) 
and a <seeAlso> help.

-andy