Subject: [Curdle] I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:13:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of RSA Keys with SHA-2 256 and 512 in Secure Shell (SSH)
        Author          : Denis Bider
	Filename        : draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-09-12

Abstract:
  This memo defines an algorithm name, public key format, and signature
  format for use of RSA keys with SHA-2 512 for server and client
  authentication in SSH connections.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "denis bider \(Bitvise\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:26:23 -0600

This is to improve requested changes to the “Public Key Algorithm Names” table by adding a “Signature Algorithm Name” column. This is intended to improve clarity by not ambiguously listing “rsa-sha2-256” and “rsa-sha2-512” in the column “Public Key Algorithm Name”.

I have also downgraded the DMARC policy on my personal domain to p=none (from p=reject previously). This should reduce the incidence of relayed messages from me landing in spam or outright bouncing. However, it is unfortunate that the systems we are using to communicate are not compatible with a strict DMARC policy. (A domain must allow other mail servers to originate and potentially forge messages on its behalf in order to participate in mailing lists.)

From: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 21:13
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Curdle] I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-02.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Curdle mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle