Subject: [Curdle] Introducing draft-ssorce-gss-keyex-sha2

From: Simo Sorce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 16:15:08 -0500

Hello Curdle list,
For quite a while I and Hubert (co-author) have been thinking of
updating the GSSAPI Key Exchange algorithms for SSH which are still
using SHA-1 Hashes, so I just uploaded a first revision here[1].

As it happens by the time we got to write a proposal and looked at the
references section we found out that Mark Baushke had started expanding
a related draft[2] to cover gss- methods. However Mark's draft just
allocated new names to extend only the existing FFDH methods.

Our intent was not only to allocate names, but to describe the new
FFDH's according to previous drafts as well as introduce new ECDH based
methods to keep this key exchange in line with the standard public key
based key exchange.

We discussed this with Mark and he proposed we go ahead and propose a
separate draft, so with Chair's permission we'd like to ask for adoption
of this draft to complement the work started by Mark in[2].

We already plan to add more text in some of the vague parts that
reference ECDH keys verification, we would also like to discuss a
possible additional extension to the GSS exchange method that would use
Gss_Wrap()/Unwrap() instead of GSS_get/verify_mic().

Any comment and feedback is welcome.

Simo.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ssorce-gss-keyex-sha2-00.txt
[2] https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-05.txt

-- 
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York