Subject: [Curdle] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 04:47:07 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following text in Section 1:

   At the time of writing this specification, high-quality free
   implementations of Curve25519 has been in deployed use for several
   years, while Curve448 implementations are slowly appearing, so it is
   accepted that adoption of Curve448 would be slower.

would not age well once the RFC is published. I suggest this is moved from the
draft to the shepherding write-up.

Also, SHA-256 and SHA-512 need to be normative references.