Subject: [Curdle] FW: Requesting NomCom feedback

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 01:04:13 +0000

We've been asked to forward this.

Nomcom has heard from people, but it's the usual opinionated crew :)  They are looking for more input from IETFers.  Many folks on this list are long-time contributors who have useful things to say.

On 11/10/20, 7:10 PM, "NomCom Chair 2020" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi IETF,
    NomCom is considering nominees for AD positions, IETF Chair, IAB, LLC 
    Board, and IETF Trust. We need more input from the community both on 
    specific nominees and on over-arching topics regarding what the 
    community wants from these specific groups and wants from its 
    leadership in general. We need *your* input.

    ** Deadline for community feedback is Friday November 20. **

    We've paid attention to discussions on the ietf list. Issues raised there 
    have been brought up in interviews.

    We've also asked questions of nominees based on feedback received, 
    and based on the "Topics" that people said were important.
    We're listening to you. 

    But most of the input to date has come from a few consistently vocal 
    people. We need to hear from more of you.

    I scheduled our office hours during the 2 weeks before next week's IETF, 
    because IETF week is so busy. We have one more left (18:00-19:00 UTC 
    November 11). No-one but NomCom members showed up for our first 3. ☹ 
    If there is demand for more office hours, I'll schedule them; but this 
    really doesn't seem to be the preferred format for input.

    Most input is coming in as either 
     - email to [email-masked]
     - feedback on https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/feedback/    On the feedback page, the specific nominees are all listed at the top. 
    General Topics are at the bottom.
    We pay attention to all the comments we get through these channels.

    I'll also try to hang out in Gather.Town during IETF breaks next week. 
    I'm not going to have a specific NomCom area in Gather.Town, because it 
    was really lonely hanging out there during IETF 108.
    But please feel free to hunt me down and bend my ear -- on NomCom 
    issues or just to chat.
    I miss seeing all of y'all!
    Barbara

    Barbara Stark
    NomCom 2020 Chair