Subject: [decade] Authentication with OAuth?

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:13:45 +0800

One possible authentication method for DECADE might be reusing OAuth. I'm
not sure whether OAuth can fit well here. Can existing OAuth be used to
authorize bandwidth or priority to the requester? I'm not sure whether we
need the unauthorized request token step in DECADE context.

Thanks,
Haibin <as contributor>

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:30:08 -0400

(Taking off my co-chair hat.)

Certainly OAuth has been part of the thinking in DECADE so far.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-decade-survey-03#section-8>
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/77/slides/decade-5.pdf>

My perception is that OAuth could be used to authorize resources such as
bandwidth and priority.

I wonder if OAuth is as applicable for a NFS 4.1 solution as it would be
for a WebDAV solution?

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Song Haibin
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [decade] Authentication with OAuth?

One possible authentication method for DECADE might be reusing OAuth.
I'm
not sure whether OAuth can fit well here. Can existing OAuth be used to
authorize bandwidth or priority to the requester? I'm not sure whether
we
need the unauthorized request token step in DECADE context.

Thanks,
Haibin <as contributor>

_______________________________________________
decade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/decade