Subject: [Detnet] Data Plane Alternatives Design Team formed

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:01:30 -0500

WG,

As planned, we have formed a Data Plane Alternatives Design
Team. The DT is tasked with identifying the existing IP and/or
MPLS data plane technologies that should be considered as the
possible the foundation for the DetNet data plane definition. The
full scope of the DetNet data plane shall be considered and, as
appropriate, shall include QoS, OAM, time synchronization. A
baseline Data Plane Alternatives individual draft is the initial
deliverable of the Design Team, and is expected prior to IETF
95. After publication of the initial version of the Alternatives
draft, the Design Team may also produce documents that facilitate
the evaluation of data plane alternatives.  Specifically the
Design Team may document evaluation criteria for protocol/solution
selection.

While the DT has limited membership, the DT will choose how it
works to produce its individual draft(s). For example, the DT may
choose to publicize their calls/progress or not. We do appreciate
that not all who volunteered are include.  Those who are willing
to provide input to the DT should contact them directly.  Keep in
mind that there will be plenty of opportunity for input, per
normal WG process, once the DT's individual draft(s) are adopted
as WG documents. Again, thank you to all who volunteered.

The members of the DT are:
    Janos Farkas <[email-masked]>
    Norman Finn <[email-masked]>
    Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]> -- DT Lead
    Olivier Marce <[email-masked]>
    Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
    Pascal Thubert <[email-masked]>
    Zhuangyan Zhuang <[email-masked]>

Pat and Lou