Subject: [Detnet] draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13

From: János Farkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 16:22:36 +0200

Hi,

The DetNet architecture draft has been updated to implement the 
resolution of the following comments as discussed on the list:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/detnet/V2zVtXUUCXWrr2nUDs60dpfdzcE
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/detnet/TyXwMh9lbe_Ip4qLyWeyjUhCQqM

The changes are shown here: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13

I'm not aware of any outstanding comment.

Best regards,
Janos

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13.txt
Date: 	Mon, 6 May 2019 07:07:12 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Balazs Varga <[email-masked]>, Norman Finn 
<[email-masked]>, Pascal Thubert <[email-masked]>, 
Balázs Varga <[email-masked]>, Janos Farkas 
<[email-masked]>, János Farkas <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13.txt
has been successfully submitted by János Farkas and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-detnet-architecture
Revision: 13
Title: Deterministic Networking Architecture
Document date: 2019-05-06
Group: detnet
Pages: 45
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13

Abstract:
This document provides the overall architecture for Deterministic
Networking (DetNet), which provides a capability to carry specified
unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications with
extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency within a network
domain. Techniques used include: 1) reserving data plane resources
for individual (or aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the
intermediate nodes along the path of the flow; 2) providing explicit
routes for DetNet flows that do not immediately change with the
network topology; and 3) distributing data from DetNet flow packets
over time and/or space to ensure delivery of each packet's data in
spite of the loss of a path. DetNet operates at the IP layer and
delivers service over lower layer technologies such as MPLS and IEEE
802.1 Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat