Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] Proposed DHCPv6bis London meeting agenda

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:19:36 -0000

Do we have a update on the time & place for this meeting?

Wed. 2-4pm? Where?

It seems I have not noted it down.

Best Regards,
Leaf

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhcpv6bis [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bernie Volz
(volz)
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] Proposed DHCPv6bis London meeting agenda

Thanks Tomek!

And, my request for a meeting room was approved by the IESG (well, Ted Lemon
- Thanks Ted!).

It is being scheduled for Wednesday, March 5 from 1300-1500.

Once I have the final information, I will let you know.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhcpv6bis [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tomek
Mrugalski
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] Proposed DHCPv6bis London meeting agenda

It seems that we'll be meeting in London. That's good, because face 2 face
meeting always moves things forward a lot.

We should aim for 2 hours meeting. Although the exact time will be chosen
among the design team, this is an open meeting and everyone is welcome to
attend.

Minutes from previous (on-line) meeting:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcpv6bis/current/msg00066.html

Here's proposed agenda:

0. Agenda bashing

1. Review the current status and next steps

2. Get over the remaining list of RFCs we can possibly merge:
This is a follow-up after previous meeting. We did not make a decision for
those two RFCs.

RFC6977 - Triggered reconfigure
We initially thought that it's about making explicit the currently implicit
assumption that the relays do not modify client's messages and based on that
info we decided to include clarification that relays do not modify any
relayed message (regardless if the message goes up or down). Unfortunately,
that is the clarification done in RFC6422. So the decision we made is not
valid and this topic will have to be revisited.

RFC6422 - relay supplied options
Decision is postponed, as nobody on the call knew what exactly that RFC
changes (it updates 3315).

Please take a quick look at them, so we can make an informed decision.

3. The tickets that don't have milestone assigned yet

As of today, that's 23 tickets. We'll triage them and assign to A,B or C
category. If you have some time to spare before the meeting, please try to
triage them and move to appropriate category.

4. Tickets in A category: easy, apply before merge These are trivial. It
doesn't make sense to spend too much time on those. If we deal with all A
tickets, we'll be ready for the -01 upload.

5. The plan to merge 3633 into bis draft Michael and Andrew said on Jun. 22
meeting that they'll work on the plan. (naming convention, sections to copy
as-is, what to merge etc.)

Once the merge is done, we can upload -02 and request adoption.

6. Tickets in B category: moderate difficulty, apply after merge Let's go
over those next. They are the next in line once A tickets and the merge are
done. This should be a quick one. There's not much to discuss here, we just
need to do them once the merge is done.

7. Tickets in C category: awaiting consensus.
These are the tricky ones. Let's try to solve as many of them as possible
(or pick those that we need to bring to the DHC list). Ideally, majority of
the meeting time should be spent on this item.

Tomek

_______________________________________________
Dhcpv6bis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcpv6bis

_______________________________________________
Dhcpv6bis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcpv6bis