Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] inconsistent (re)transmission

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:01:42 +0100

RFC 3315 did an inconsistent use of transmission / retransmission terms.
Unfortunately there is a difference of one between the transmitted
and retransmitted message counts.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: private for Tomek: #17333

---

From: Marcin Siodelski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:09:32 +0000

> and retransmitted message counts.

Francis,

Can you give some specific examples (section num)?

Marcin

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:41:24 +0000

> and retransmitted message counts.
Thanks for reporting this issue. I don't think I saw anything about it
in the tracker. Can you create a ticket for it in dhcpv6bis tracker:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/?

> PS: private for Tomek: #17333
Can you copy relevant bits from our system into the public tracker?

I agree it's a problem. It is not clear whether the retransmission
counters should include the initial transmission or not. That was
affecting some TAHI conformance tests. Fortunately, it's rather easy to
clarify.

Thanks,
Tomek

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:59:52 +0100

>  http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/?

=> created ticket #84 in this wiki.

>  affecting some TAHI conformance tests. Fortunately, it's rather easy to

=> should I copy this to the ticket?

Thanks