Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #71 (XML 3315): Bakeoff & More: Clients: T1/T2 = 0

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:58:17 -0000

#71: Bakeoff & More: Clients: T1/T2 = 0

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => complete

Comment:

 Added the following text

 {{{
         14.2.  Choosing transmission time when T1,T2 is 0

            In certain cases, T1 and/or T2 timers may be set to zero.
 Currently
            there are three such cases: 1. a client received IA_NA option
 with
            zeroed values; 2. a client received IA_PD option with zeroed
 values;
            3. a client received IA_TA option (which does not contain T1 or
 T2
            fields).  Additional cases may appear in the future.  This is
 an
            indication that the transmission times are left at client's
            dicretion.  They are not completely disretionary, though.

            When T1 and/or T2 timers are zet to zero, client MUST choose
            transmission time to avoid packet storms.  In particular, it
 MUST NOT
            transmit immediately.  If the client received multiple IA
 containers,
            it SHOULD pick renew and/or rebind transmission time so all IA
            containers are received in one exchange, if possible.  Client
 MUST
            choose the transmission times to not violate rate limiting
            restrictions, defined in Section 14.1.
 }}}

 Hopefully this addresses the issue. If you disagree, please reopen the
 ticket.

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  P4 minor        |   Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:  complete
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/71#comment:6>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>