Subject: [dns-privacy] BCP 232, RFC 8932 on Recommendations for DNS Privacy Service Operators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:45:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 232        
        RFC 8932

        Title:      Recommendations for DNS Privacy Service 
                    Operators 
        Author:     S. Dickinson,
                    B. Overeinder,
                    R. van Rijswijk-Deij,
                    A. Mankin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        See Also:   BCP 232

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8932

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8932

This document presents operational, policy, and security
considerations for DNS recursive resolver operators who choose to
offer DNS privacy services.  With these recommendations, the operator
can make deliberate decisions regarding which services to provide, as
well as understanding how those decisions and the alternatives impact
the privacy of users. 

This document also presents a non-normative framework to assist
writers of a Recursive operator Privacy Statement, analogous to DNS
Security Extensions (DNSSEC) Policies and DNSSEC Practice Statements
described in RFC 6841.

This document is a product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 07:40:53 -0400

A big "Thank You!" to the authors and the WG for the effort put into
getting this document published!

On 10/23/20 5:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dns-privacy mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy
>