Subject: [dns-privacy] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:44:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Privacy Considerations
        Author          : Tim Wicinski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-10-16

Abstract:
   This document describes the privacy issues associated with the use of
   the DNS by Internet users.  It is intended to be an analysis of the
   present situation and does not prescribe solutions.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 7626.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rafael R Obelheiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 06:21:40 -0300

Hello,

I found a few minor issues in version -08:

Sec. 4.1, 2nd paragraph: "Another differencce between the DNS data and a 
particular DNS transaction" -> "Another difference is between..." (there 
are two typos, actually, "cc" and "is")

Sec. 4.1, 2nd para: "A single transactions"

Sec. 4.2, 1st para: " "source IP address" is used" -> " "Source IP 
address" is used" (capitalization, not sure)

Sec. 4.2, 2nd para: "For instance, 
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.gc._msdcs.example.org." 
Wouldn’t it be better to explain what this QNAME reveals?

Sec. 5.2, 7th para: "Whilst there are known attacks on older versions of 
TLS the most recent recommendations" -> "... TLS, the most recent ..."

Best regards,
Rafael

On 16/10/2020 13:44, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dns-privacy mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy
>