Subject: [dns-privacy] The DPRIVE WG has placed draft-pauly-dprive-oblivious-doh in state "Call For Adoption By WG Issued"

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 06:01:30 -0700

The DPRIVE WG has placed draft-pauly-dprive-oblivious-doh in state
Call For Adoption By WG Issued (entered by Brian Haberman)

The document is available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-dprive-oblivious-doh/

---

From: "Ralf Weber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:20:03 +0100

Moin!

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-dprive-oblivious-doh/
I oppose adopting this draft. It would make DNS resolution an 
operational nightmare and it has nearly nothing to do with DNS as all 
the interactions are HTTPs based. This is sort of name resolution via 
HTTPs TOR and while this may be a use case for bad actors wanting to 
hide there transactions I don’t see a use case for the wider internet 
population, and more specifically how people who provide Internet access 
(operators) are going to cope with this.

So long
-Ralf
——-
Ralf Weber