Subject: draft-dunlap-dns-duxfr-00.txt

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:19:04 -0400

Paul, Kevin,

In the introduction to draft-dunlap-dns-duxfr-00.txt you say:

   The simple method described for Incremental transfer (IXFR), in
   [RFC1995], does not adequately address the complexity of the problem.

but do not further explain the motivation for DUXFR.  Perhaps I was
drinking decaf this morning by mistake, but the complexity you're
attempting to deal with is not immediately obvious.

Care to elaborate?

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 99 6:45:40 JST

Rob;

> attempting to deal with is not immediately obvious.

The simple (?) method described for duxfr does not adequately
address the optional complexity of the problem to enable UDP
transfer.

> Care to elaborate?

It seems to me that the simple description style of duxfr is a
copy of ixfr, for which I should be proud of.

Can't Paul and Kevin elaborate to update the style of RFC2136,
instead?

						Masataka Ohta