Subject: [Doh] [[email-masked]: New Non-WG Mailing List: masque]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 20:23:11 +0200

Interesting list. The deployment model envisaged at the end is exactly
what would be good for DoH.

Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: masque
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 07:28:49 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/masque/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/masque

Purpose:
MASQUE (Multiplexed Application Substrate over QUIC Encryption)
is a mechanism that allows co-locating and obfuscating networking
applications behind an HTTPS web server. The currently prevalent
use-case is to allow running a VPN server that is indistinguishable
from an HTTPS server to any unauthenticated observer. We do not
expect major providers and CDNs to deploy this behind their main
TLS certificate, as they are not willing to take the risk of getting
blocked (given previous experiences when domain fronting was blocked). An
expected use would be for individuals to enable this behind their personal
websites via easy-to-configure open-source software.

This list belong IETF area: SEC

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.