Subject: Re: [Dtls-iot] Certificate Profiling

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:17:03 -0400

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Section 6.3 of draft-ietf-dice-profile-10 discusses the recommendations
> for use with certificates.
> While the current text restricts the use of certificates quite a bit I
> got feedback that the current text still leaves several aspects untouched.
>
> Here is a proposal of further recommendations:
>
> * TLS/DTLS offers a lot of freedom for using ECC curves. I would suggest
> to restrict the use of RFC4492-defined ECC ciphersuites to named curves
> only.

Do we want to consider alternate key agreement schemes that may enable
lower-powered devices to have lower overhead?

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant