Subject: [dtn-interest] troubles with installation
From: Piero Cornice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:56:14 +0200
List-Id: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <dtn-interest.mailman.dtnrg.org>

Hi, my name is Piero (from Italy).
I downloaded the code of DTN Bundle and tried to compile it, but when i do
"make" an error occurs and i don't know how to fix it.
Can someone help me please?
The error message probably refers to file
"/home/piero/DTN1_copia/apps/gdtnperf-0.1.0/configure"
(i'm using RedHat Enterprise 3 ES)

--- beginning of error message:

Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
 
WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':
 
WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
 
WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in:4: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found,
configure.in:4: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing...
configure.in:4: You should run aclocal to create this file, then
configure.in:4: run automake again.
configure.in:5: required file `./config.h.in' not found
macros/Makefile.am:32: INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings
-prefix=/usr/local/DTN ...
./configure: line 1217: syntax error near unexpected token `gdtnperf,'
./configure: line 1217: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gdtnperf, 0.1.0)'
make[1]: *** [_dir_gdtnperf-0.1.0] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/piero/DTN1_copia/apps'
make: *** [_dir_apps] Error 2

--- end of error message

thanx :)

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:57:14 -0700
From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: Magnus Lindholm <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] DTN on StrongARM
Mail-Followup-To: Magnus Lindholm <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

There are currently two reference implementations of DTN available at
code.dtnrg.org both of which have been run on ARM platforms. I can't
speak much for the status of DTN1, the original implementation, as my
efforts have been primarily focused on the new DTN2 implementation.

On that front, we have successfully ran on a Sharp Zaurus and have
been compiling information as to our experiences. We plan on a
"mini-release" of DTN2 somewhere near the end of November that (we
hope) should include a reasonably complete implementation and will
include our instructions for building for ARM.

-m

> Hi,
> 
> I'm interested in knowing more about running the DTN code on the
> Linux/StrongARM platform,
> what hardware platforms has it been tested on? What is a good development
> platform/kit for testing DTN on Linux/StrongARM? Whats the current status
> of DTN on StrongARM?
> 
> Regards
> 
> 
> Magnus Lindholm
> Developer Engineer
> SNC project
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dtnrg.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:24:19 -0700
From: Melissa Ho <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] The Train Demo: Photos and Instructions for installing on arm
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!

I just put up a website about the DTN Train Demo that was given at the 
Intel Research Berkeley Open House on the 15th, and covered recently in 
the Oakland Tribune. In addition to a few pictures, the posters, and an 
explanation of the demo, I've written up instructions for compiling and 
running DTN2 (the new reference implementation currently under 
development), and for cross-compiling DTN2 and required libraries for 
the Sharp Zaurus (arm).

The DTN Train:
http://melissa.myensim.net/research/dtn/demo

Note that, although you are free to check it out, DTN2 is still in an 
early state, and as such, many features are not yet implemented. This 
does not constitute a release of any sort, and you can expect lots of 
changes in the near future.

As an aside, DTN1 was built for and worked on Linux/StrongARM (CerfCube) 
in the past, but does not at the present.  Although it will build, it 
seg faults quickly due to the use of fast mutexes. If it is important, 
you can try rolling back the code (check out an early snapshot) and try 
again.  For more details on the error, see 
http://www.mindstream.watsmore.net/wiki/index.php?title=Zaurus_Blog_App

Enjoy!

Melissa

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:24:52 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: Magnus Lindholm <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] DTN on StrongARM
Sender: [email-masked]

Probably not quite what you want to know but I've an LTP
implementation I'm planning to open-source (soon's I get
the funding/chance to debug properly) which is ported to
arm-linux for an intel xscale platform.

Not sure about the bundling stuff, but I guess its not
that much of a stretch to do, so you could probably do
it yourself!

Regards,
Stephen.

Magnus Lindholm wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm interested in knowing more about running the DTN code on the
> Linux/StrongARM platform,
> what hardware platforms has it been tested on? What is a good development
> platform/kit for testing DTN on Linux/StrongARM? Whats the current status
> of DTN on StrongARM?
> 
> Regards
> 
> 
> Magnus Lindholm
> Developer Engineer
> SNC project
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dtnrg.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest
> 

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:40:59 +0200
To: [email-masked]
From: "Magnus Lindholm" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-interest] DTN on StrongARM
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm interested in knowing more about running the DTN code on the
Linux/StrongARM platform,
what hardware platforms has it been tested on? What is a good development
platform/kit for testing DTN on Linux/StrongARM? Whats the current status
of DTN on StrongARM?

Regards

Magnus Lindholm
Developer Engineer
SNC project

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:49:54 -0700
From: Melissa Ho <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] Oakland Tribune article
Sender: [email-masked]

In a follow-up to the DTN demo that I gave at Intel, Delay Tolerant 
Networking was mentioned in the Oakland Tribune today:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/businessnews/ci_2432326

Melissa

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:53:42 +0200
To: [email-masked]
From: "Magnus Lindholm" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-interest] problems with bundles CVS code
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I've been working with the bundles CVS source dated september 20, 2004
(from code.dtnrg.org), trying to set up a simple two host network. I've
experienced some problems and I thought I'd share them on this mailinglist,
maybe the problems are already known to the developers, maybe I'm just
doing 
something wrong. In any case I hope someone can can give me some hints on
what might be wrong. I've included some to the debug output from the
various
scenarios I've tested:

1) Sending a file from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 (from A to B)
2) Sending a file from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.1 (loopback)
3) Sending a file from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 (receiver host does not
exist)

Summary:

1)
When sending to a host which does exist and which also has
the bundleDaemon running, the bundleDaemon at the sender aborts with error
messages.

2)
When sending (loopback) from host A to host A, sending succeeds but the
received file
is 0 bytes long, is this a bug?

3)
When sending to a host which does not exist on the network, the
bundleDaemon exits
in a segmentation fault. 

/Magnus Lindholm

/**********************************************************************************/
sender host configuration (IP: 192.168.1.1)
-------------------------

bundleNode.conf:

debugCmdLineInterface 1
debug 5
bundlePurgeInterval 10
doMutexChecking 1
interface bundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.1:5000/ ondemand

route:

internet        internet        192.168.1.2     ONDEMAND

local.conf:
internet

command line argument for snd_bundle:

snd_bundle -d5 -Dbundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.1:5000/demux -f
/etc/motd (loopback)
snd_bundle -d5 -Dbundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/demux -f
/etc/motd (to host)
snd_bundle -d5 -Dbundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.3:5000/demux -f
/etc/motd (to non-exist host)
/**********************************************************************************/

/**********************************************************************************/
Receiver host configuration files (IP: 192.168.1.2)
---------------------------------

bundleNode.conf:

debugCmdLineInterface 1
debug 3
bundlePurgeInterval 10
doMutexChecking 1
interface bundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/ ondemand

route:

internet        internet        192.168.1.1             ONDEMAND

local.conf:

internet

command line arguments for async_rcv:

async_rcvr -d5 -s demux
/**********************************************************************************/

/**********************************************************************************/
BundleDaemon at sender: (sending from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2)
/**********************************************************************************/

>>>>Starting thread TCP Write Thread (id:1167272000)
TCPCL: TCPWriteThread: (tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/demux)starting up
45932840 bundleSendSocket: invoked with dest admin
>tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/demux<
TCPCL: handleNewClistInfo setting clayerPrivate to 0x80cbc48
TCPConnectionHandshake(tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/demux) sending initial
handshake on socket 32
TCPConnectionHandshake(tcp://192.168.1.2:5000/demux) waiting for
handshaking response 
(12 bytes, fd(32))
Sender received handshake with reliable(0)
TCPCL1: sendOne read problem: numRead is 0 (tried to read 65371)
read perror: : Success
MUTEX LOCKUP (for FAST mutexes).(bundleUtils.c:748)
MUTEX DUMP (2) :: 25 entries total inited/destroyed (24/0)

/** The bundleDaemon aborts with no further messages. **/

/**********************************************************************************/
async_recv: (at the receiver, when sending loopback from 192.168.1.1 to
192.168.1.1)
/**********************************************************************************/

Received bundle with delivery opts 0x0
Source: (bundles://internet/tcp://192.168.1.1:5000/)
Received file[2]: /var/spool/bundles/brgs/BRG_pLqfA2_PAYLOAD_forapp, 0
bytes long

/**********************************************************************************/
bundleDaemon output, when sending from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 
(192.168.1.3 is a host which does not exist on the network)
/**********************************************************************************/

>>>>Starting thread TCP Write Thread (id:1167272000)
TCPCL: TCPWriteThread: (tcp://192.168.1.3:5000/demux)starting up
45932840 bundleSendSocket: invoked with dest admin
>tcp://192.168.1.3:5000/demux<
TCPCL: handleNewClistInfo setting clayerPrivate to 0x80c97c0
bundleSendSocket: connect: No route to host
    host was 192.168.1.3:5000
TCPCL: writeThreadShutdown: : write thread shutting down (CONTACT BROKEN)
(1 bundles).  
Telling bundle daemon clist(0x80c9538).
0 bundles on unassignedBRGs list
TCPCL: writeThreadShutdown: (CONTACT)writeContactinfotoBD: 0x80c9538
[TCP|UDP]CL: writeThreadDestroy:  writeThreadInfo = 0x80c97c0
Writing CONTACT problem to bundle daemon
  cmd is 4,  clist is 0x80c9538
[1] (added by
putBundleOnContactList)(/var/spool/bundles/brgs/BRG_wl93LM_PAYLOAD) :: 
bundleMutex(0x080CB828) is UNLOCKED
BD handleContactProblem: found MYCLISTINFO for lost contact.
rescheduling contact 0x80c3ae0 (1 bundles) for another try.
Event added time(1096879951.000000) current(1096879946.846104) [0]
curTime(1096879946.854685) nextEvent(1096879951.000000) timeout(4.145315)
logfile_thread about to log_archive.
logfile_thread return from log_archive is 0.
sweepOldBundles:  1 records in Expiration database
checkpoint_thread about to checkpoint.
checkpoint_thread return from checkpoint was 0
curTime(1096879950.997542) nextEvent(1096879951.000000) timeout(0.002458)
curTime(1096879951.007549) nextEvent(1096879951.000000) timeout(-1.992451)
Event 1000 (Restarted Contact) fires time(1096879951.000000)
current(1096879951.007602) 
delta(0.007602)
timerThread clist (0x80c9538) (1 bundles) to clayer(0x80c1ab0)
MUTEX_TRACKING: Attempting to lock an unknown mutex (0x264): FILE: tcpCL.c
 LINE: 806
[bt] Execution path:
[bt] ./bundleDaemon(showStackFrame+0x22) [0x80689f6]
[bt] ./bundleDaemon(my_pthread_mutex_lock+0xbb) [0x8068f43]
[bt] /usr/local/DTN/lib/libtcpCL.so.0 [0x400f356e]
[bt] /usr/local/DTN/lib/libtcpCL.so.0(TCPUDPCL_message_handler+0xbd)
[0x400f3390]
[bt] ./bundleDaemon(runConvergenceLayer+0x113) [0x806fae5]
[bt] /usr/local/DTN/lib/libtcpCL.so.0(TCPConvergenceLayer+0x24c)
[0x400f230c]
[bt] /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 [0x400292b6]
[bt] /lib/tls/libc.so.6(__clone+0x57) [0x420de407]
Segmentation fault