Subject: [dtn-interest] I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-02.txt
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: DTN <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:53:06 +0000
List-Id: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <dtn-interest.mailman.dtnrg.org>

FYI. We've updated the LTP extensions draft [1]

Be great to get some review of the LTP drafts [2] since they seem
to us to be about ready to be pushed out as RFCs.

Stephen.

[1] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg08297.html
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:27:34 -0600
From: Georgios Lazarou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] CfP CAMAD'06
Sender: [email-masked]

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

========================================================================
        	CALL FOR PAPERS

11th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design
    of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD'06)
        Trento, Italy, June 8-9, 2006
        http://dit.unitn.it/~camad06

      Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communication Society

The 11th International Workshop on Computer-Aided Modeling and Design of
Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD) is a unique forum that brings
together major experts around the globe on modeling and simulation of
communications systems.

The workshop is a bi-annual event, often held  in cooperation with
flagship IEEE Communication Society conferences (Int.l Conference on
Communications - ICC, Global Telecommunication Conference - GLOBECOM).
Last CAMAD'04 was held in conjunction with Globecom2004 in Dallas, TX,
on Nov.29th, 2004.

CAMAD'06 will be a two days stand-alone event, held in the beautiful
city of Trento, just before ICC 2006 (Instanbul, Turkey). Specific
information about the connection between Italy and Turkey will be
provided on the workshop website.

CAMAD'06 is soliciting papers describing original, unpublished and not
currently submitted for publication elsewhere, on topics, including but
not limited to, the following:

o Modeling and Simulation techniques for Integrated Communication Systems
o Traffic Engineering and Analysis
o Network Measurements
o Simulation techniques for large-scale Networks
o Simulation and Fast Simulation Techniques for Communication Networks
o Validation of Simulation Models with Measurements
o Network Optimization and Resource Provisioning
o Next Generation Internet
o Overlay and Virtual Networks
o Autonomic Communication Systems
o Cross-Layer Protocol Design
o Network Monitoring
o Internet Traffic Modeling
o Wireless, Mobile, Ad hoc and Sensor Networks
o Modeling and Design of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks
o Seamless Integration of Wireless (Cellular) Networks with Internet
o Design of Satellite Networks
o Integration of Terrestrial and Satellite Networks

The event is sponsored by the University of Trento, and endorsed by the
IEEE Technical Committees on Communications Systems Integration and
Modeling (CSIM) and Satellite and Space Communications (SSC).

========================================================================
            PAPER SUBMISSION

Prospective authors are invited to submit full paper of not more than
eight (8) IEEE style pages including results, figures and references.
Papers will be reviewed with the standard reviewing procedure (each
paper being sent to at least 3 independent anonymous reviewers).

Accepted papers will be published on IEEExplore
(http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/).

The best accepted paper will receive the Best Paper Award, sponsored by
IEEE ComSocCSIM Technical Committee.

- Paper Submission:        February 15, 2006
- Notification of acceptance:    April 15, 2006
- Submission of camera-ready papers: May 7, 2006

========================================================================
            COMMITTEES

General Chair:
Fabrizio Granelli (Univ. of Trento, Italy)

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Georgios Lazarou (Mississippi State Univ., U.S.)
Changcheng Huang (Carleton Univ., CA, U.S.)

Publication Chair:
Dzmitry Kliazovich (Univ. of Trento, ITALY)

Local Arrangements:
Ufficio Manifestazioni e Convegni (U. Trento, ITALY)

Steering Committee Chair:
Michael Devetsikiotis (North Carolina State Univ., U.S.)

Steering Committee:
Nelson L.S. da Fonseca (UNICAMP, Brazil)
Pascal Lorenz (Univ. of Haute Alsace, France)
Hussein Mouftah (Univ. of Ottawa, CA, U.S.)

Technical Program Committee:
Fatih Alagoz (Bogazici University, Turkey)
Giulia Boato (Univ. Trento, IT)
Stephen Bush (GE, USA)
Luiz DaSilva (VirginiaTech, USA)
Periklis Chatzimisios (TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece)
Mike Devetsikiotis (NCSU, USA)
Christos Douligeris (Univ. of Piraeus, Greece)
Rachid Elazouzi (Univ. of Avignon, France)
Lars Erup (EMS Satellite Networks, CA)
Sally Floyd (ICIR, USA)
Nelson L.S. da Fonseca (Unicamp, Brasil)
Victor Frost (Univ. of Kansas, USA)
Stefano Giordano (Univ. Pisa, IT)
Pin-Han Ho (Univ. of Waterloo, Canada)
Rose Q. Hu (Nortel, USA)
Abbas Jamalipour (Univ. of Sydney, Australia)
Gabriel Junyent (UPC/CTTC, Spain)
Dzmitry Kliazovich (U. Trento, Italy)
Jie Li (Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan)
Xian Liu (Univ. of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA)
Renato Lo Cigno (U. Trento, Italy)
Pascal Lorenz (Univ. of Haute-Alsace, France)
Zhisheng Niu (Tsinghua Univ., China)
Otilia Popescu  (UTSA, USA)
Petia Todorova (Fraunhofer Institut FOKUS, Germany)
Steven Wright (BellSouth, USA)

========================================================================

-- 
Georgios Lazarou, Ph.D.,
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mississippi State University
------------------------------------------------
CAMAD'06 Workshop: http://dit.unitn.it/~camad06

Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:23:35 -0500
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Far=E9?= <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] Re: IPN
Sender: [email-masked]

Dear DTN researchers,

a friend of mine pointed to the (stale) site ipnsig.org, and from
there I subscribed to your mailing-list. I admit I'm new to this field
and haven't read the documentation provided on the site yet. However,
I've reflected quite a bit on InterPlanetary Networking from the
application developer point of view, and I would like to know if you
have already considered IPN from the user point of view as a
particular case of a SNAIL system, and its natural solution in terms
of Monotonic Epistemic Logic?

SNAIL is the acronym I made up for Slow Network with Atrocious
Interchange Latency. Bandwidth may or may not be scarce, but roundtrip
latency is extremely expensive. This means that communicating hosts
must minimize any kind of negociation loop as part of their
communication protocols.

Monotonic Epistemic Logic is what applications use to cope with a
SNAIL. Monotonic means that the system over time is modelled as a
non-decreasing collection of facts. Communication happens by declaring
facts. Fact declaration is commutative and idempotent, i.e. a same
fact received multiple times is as good as received once and it
matters not which order they are (multiply) received. Epistemic means
that each system maintains enough knowledge about each of its peers so
as not to require any further negociation: A knows that B knows (at
least) this much, and may thus only send incremental new information,
using known shared protocols.

I'm sorry if I only tell you things you already know too well. I'm
still kind of proud of my acronym "SNAIL" to describe the situation.

  http://www.livejournal.com/users/fare/tag/snail
  http://fare.tunes.org/computing/term-project-proposal.html

Enjoy!

[ François-René ÐVB Rideau | Reflection&Cybernethics | http://fare.tunes.org ]
If the human mind were simple enough to understand,
we'd be too simple to understand it.
        -- Pat Bahn

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:08:04 -0800
From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] DTN Reference Implementation Release version 2.1.99
Sender: [email-masked]

After a (long) delay, we've decided to put out a new release of the
DTN2 reference implementation. As usual, it is available for download
from the web site at http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Code

This release is version 2.1.99 -- named as such because I really had
wanted this to be 2.2, but I ran out of time to get it there. In
particular, this version of the code is not yet up to date with the
latest version of the bundle spec (version 04), but is very close.

However, due to personal reasons, I won't be able to do much more
development work for the next month or so, and since it's been a long
while since the last release, we figured this version is at least more
up to date and stable than the previous one.

We plan to have a full 2.2.0 release by the end of March 2006 which
will fully implement the bundle specification.

Please feel free to post bugs and other usage questions to the
dtn-users mailing list.

Enjoy!

-mike

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:23:47 +0200
From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
CC: DTN <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Is report-to likely to change in-transit...
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I would expect the report-to EID to be of end-to-end significance
and hence not change (how should rely on something).  If an
entity is allowed to change it (for whatever future indirection
purposes) then it would need to be authorized by the sender to
do so.  And in such a case, appropriate security measures could
be provided.

Joerg

> 
> Just editing the bundle security doc and trying to figure out
> canonicalisation. I have a question (and maybe more later):
> 
> Is the report-to EID likely/allowed to change while a bundle
> is in transit? (Obviously the current-custodian does.)
> 
> Ta,
> Stephen.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dtnrg.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest
> 
> 

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:02:40 +0000
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: DTN <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-interest] Is report-to likely to change in-transit...
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all,

Just editing the bundle security doc and trying to figure out
canonicalisation. I have a question (and maybe more later):

Is the report-to EID likely/allowed to change while a bundle
is in transit? (Obviously the current-custodian does.)

Ta,
Stephen.

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:11:04 -0800
From: Melissa Ho <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] Fwd: small "soulpad-esque" pc
Sender: [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bowei Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Dec 1, 2005 1:48 PM
Subject: small "soulpad-esque" pc

This is a small usb powered linux pc that you can carry in your
pocket. It has its own computational resources appears as a networked
device on Windows and has biometric authentication.

$200 USD

http://www.projectblackdog.com/product.html

It could definitely serve as a DTN mule-ish device.
_______________________________________________
Tier-private mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tier-private

--
http://www.melissaho.com/research

School of Information Management & Systems (SIMS)
http://groups.sims.berkeley.edu/ict4d

Technology and Infrastructure for Emerging Regions (TIER)
http://tier.cs.berkeley.edu