Subject: [dtn-interest] [Fwd: The ONE v.1.2.0 available]
From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
To: DTN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:49:01 +0300
List-Id: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <dtn-interest.maillists.intel-research.net>

Hi,

just to point out that there is a new release of the
Opportunistic Network Environment (ONE) simulator, now
including the code for our Working Day Movement model.

Joerg

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The ONE v.1.2.0 available
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:35:00 +0300
From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,

A new version of the ONE (1.2.0) is now available for download at the
homepage: http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/dtn/theone/

The major new feature of this release is the Working Day Movement [1]
model. This new model captures behavior of humans in a realistic way and
includes e.g., different movement behavior for nodes when they are at
home, at the office or doing evening activities. Nodes can also move in
different ways during the day and change locations by walking, by car or
by bus. Credits for this new movement model go to Frans Ekman.

This new release is compatible with all the old routing and reporting
module interfaces, so upgrading from previous releases should not be a
problem. In addition, this release contains the new StationaryMovement
model for running simulations with external connection events.

Cheers,
Ari

[1]
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/distance/papers/2008-mobmod-working-day-model.pdf

From: Kevin Fall <[email-masked]>
To: DTN Interest List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:50:12 -0700
Subject: [dtn-interest] from the press....

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/082208-dtn-networks.html?fsrc=netflash-rss

Disruption-tolerant nets set for large-scale test

Phase 3 of DARPA project will demonstrate a large-scale DTN in the field
By John Cox , Network World , 08/22/2008

Scientists at BBN Technologies have begun readying a large-scale field  
test of a mobile network designed to keep working despite transmission  
failures, glitches and long delays.

The test is the third phase of a Department of Defense project to  
create disruption-tolerant networks, or DTNs. It builds on a field  
prototype of 20 nodes that was successfully demonstrated last November  
at the Army's Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia. The large-scale trial, due  
in late 2009, is intended to show that big DTNs are not only possible,  
but also commercially viable and able to be built with off-the-shelf,  
standard components.

To fund Phase 3, the Defense Department's Defense Advanced Research  
Projects Agency (DARPA) just awarded almost $9 million to BBN. Key  
priorities involve work on DTN scalability and robustness to support  
thousands of nodes, and designing and implementing new algorithms for  
several key tasks. The BBN team also will be working with the U.S.  
Marines to introduce DTN into the Marines' CONDOR mobile network  
program, which is designed to link maneuvering units with command  
centers beyond line-of-sight (about 20 to 30 miles).

Though driven by military networking requirements, DTNs potentially  
have a much wider applicability. They can sustain communications  
without the stability, connectivity and predictability required by  
today's IP networks, including the Internet. If these networks lose a  
connection or suffer delays, packet deliveries plummet because the  
existing routing protocols assume an end-to-end path that becomes  
stable fairly quickly. But those assumptions break down in the face of  
repeated disconnections and long delays, which can be caused by  
equipment failures, weather, terrain or jamming.

One civilian prototype is the DieselNet project at the University of  
Massachusetts-Amherst. DieselNet consists of off-the-shelf single- 
board computers, GPS receivers and radios mounted in 40 UMass buses.  
As two buses near each other, their DTN nodes query each other to find  
out what other nodes each sees most frequently. If one of those other  
nodes is related to the final network destination of a message, that  
message is handed off to the passing node in the seconds they're close  
enough for the Wi-Fi connection. At some point, the message is handed  
to a node attached to the wired Internet.

Central to DTN's effectiveness is the technology's tenacity. "IP  
networks have as a philosophy the idea [that] ‘if there's a problem,  
give up. The user will resend.' DTN doesn't give up. It's constantly  
trying to move the information forward," says Christopher Small,  
senior scientist with the Networking Research Group at BBN's  
Cambridge, Mass., headquarters. "DTN will work around breaks, and  
route the information any way it can."

That tenacity is due in large part to a new BBN-written routing  
protocol, called Bundle, which makes use of queuing and other  
techniques, including one called late binding. With late binding, a  
source node in a DTN can send a message even though the final  
destination IP address can't be known due to disruptions of name  
servers or routers. It's sort of like mailing an envelope that has  
blank spaces in the address.

As the packet makes its way through the DTN, this additional  
information gets filled in. Eventually, the destination IP address  
binding takes place, and the transmission completes as the packet is  
forwarded by any available connection.

The three-week prototype field test at Fort A.P. Hill last fall  
involved 20 nodes, mainly laptop-like embedded computers, running the  
DTN protocol with GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity [see photograph]. Most of  
the nodes were stationary, representing soldiers at a simulated  
forward operations base, trying to communicate with a headquarters  
site about 2 kilometers away. The scenario simulated sending back  
tactical information (such as ammunition levels and enemy sightings)  
so that headquarters staff could form an accurate, timely view of the  
forward base's status.

Several of the nodes were mounted in SUVs which drove a periodic  
circuit between the two locations. The vehicles were simulating  
airborne drones that could circle over the locations with a wireless  
link to the ground nodes.

Alongside the DTN was a standard IP network; each packet was  
transmitted over both networks to compare performance.

The difference was dramatic, according to Small. The DTN network was  
able to successfully transmit five times the amount of status  
information as the IP network.

The nodes representing soldiers were able to queue their  
transmissions, then hand them off to nodes mounted on the moving  
trucks. When the truck nodes came in range of a headquarters node, the  
transmission was successfully completed.

Now it's time to up the ante.

"This is where it gets interesting," Small says. "We're not going to  
deploy this with 100,000 troops [in this phase], but we will  
demonstrate that it can work with hundreds of nodes, and that it can  
work for weeks at a time."

+++++++++++++++++++++

From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:26:56 -0700
Cc: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>, dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-interest] dtn on sourceforge and 2.6.0 release

Continuing the transition I mentioned a couple of months ago, I've set  
up the mercurial repositories on sourceforge and updated the relevant  
wiki pages on http://www.dtnrg.org accordingly to refer to the new  
source repository locations.

For the impatient, you can access the repositories directly at http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg 
  and you can contribute changes by registering for a sourceforge  
account and requesting to be added to the dtn project as a developer.

I've also transitioned the release management to use the sourceforge  
mechanisms.

I also put together a 2.6.0 release of DTN2 that can be obtained from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101657 
.

Highlights include:

- Updated the source control system to mercurial, splitting the oasys
   library into a fully separate package and changing the configuration,
   build, and packaging accordingly.

- Added a session layer with a publish / subscribe based interface and
   multicast capabilities as well as the ability to order bundles by
   sequence identifier and express that prior transmissions should be
   proactively deleted in-network.

- Updated DTLSR to support the session layer and route advertisements
   as well as miscellaneous other bug fixes.

- Restructured the core forwarding path and the router <-> convergence
   layer interface, getting rid of the BUSY state management and
   (hopefully) improving stability and scalability.

- Changed the contract between the core forwarding logic and the
   router implementation to give the router better control over when
   bundles are deleted from the system.

- Changed the Bundle class internals to make all member variables
   private, adding accessor functions for manipulation and state
   retrieval and improve efficiency in internal storage.

- Added additional API function accesses through the SWIG interface and
   parse status reports that are returned to the app. Also removed the
   limitation on the size of bundles that can be returned in memory.

- Added a fix so that bundles aren't delivered twice to the same
   registration and changes to the core forwarding path to support
   modified topologies.

- Incorporated patches from BBN to fix bugs during shutdown, more
   efficient comparisons, memory leak and dangling pointer fixes, and
   modified handling of duplicate bundles.

- Fixed a bunch of bugs in the dtntunnel application.

- Incorporated various updates to the prophet implementation from Jeff
   Wilson.

- Various other minor updates and bugfixes including Mac OS X 10.5
   (Leopard) compatibility.

Finally, my apologies for the delay in this transition. I actually set  
up the sourceforge repositories a while ago, but never got around to  
updating the wiki pages or sending this email out.

-mike

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:02:57 -0400
From: Jim Wyllie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Running Leaky Bucket to Regulate Burstiness

> I am working on a simulation to run a leaky bucket scheme to regulate 
> burstiness in delay tolerant network.
> Can anyone help me to suggest a proper simulator for it?
> I'm thinking of ns-2, but I had problems with running DTN under ns.

If you have a minimal amount of test equipment, you could use netem / tc 
to set up a leaky bucket.  It's probably easier than getting DTN to work 
properly in ns-2 (as you're building a leaky bucket instead of a 
protocol).  A cursory Google search yielded many likely-relevant links.

Jim

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sahrl Omid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] Running Leaky Bucket to Regulate Burstiness
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--0-965371650-1218361449=:29846
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi
I am working on a simulation to run a leaky bucket scheme to regulate burstiness in delay tolerant network. 
Can anyone help me to suggest a proper simulator for it? 
I'm thinking of ns-2, but I had problems with running DTN under ns.
Thanks
Saeed

      
--0-965371650-1218361449=:29846
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" ><tr><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;"><DIV>Hi</DIV>
<DIV>I am working on a simulation to run a leaky bucket scheme to regulate burstiness in delay tolerant network. </DIV>
<DIV>Can anyone help me to suggest a proper simulator for it? </DIV>
<DIV>I'm thinking of ns-2, but I had problems with running DTN under ns.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>Saeed</DIV></td></tr></table><br>

      
--0-965371650-1218361449=:29846--

Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:49:31 -0400
From: "Mostafa Ammar" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] ACM CHANTS 2008 -- Call for Participation

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:

Third ACM Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS 2008)

co-located with ACM MOBICOM 2008, 15 September 2008, San Francisco, CA, USA

Workshop URL: http://wavedesk.usc.edu/chants/

IMPORTANT DATES:

Early registration deadline: 5 September 2008
(http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2008/registration.html)

Hotel discounted rate deadline: 23 August 2008
(http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2008/travel.html)

 WORKSHOP PROGRAM (http://wavedesk.usc.edu/chants/program.html)

** Keynote: Professor Nitin Vaidya, UIUC

** 13  Paper Presenations

** 7  Demos

** Lots of intellectual stimulation and interaction with researchers
in the area of Challenged Networks.

Mostafa Ammar                                 Konstantinos Psounis

CHANTS '08 co-Chair                         CHANTS '08 co-Chair
Georgia Institute of Technology            USC

From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
To: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:43:56 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] [dtnbone]  Reminder - Informal Meeting

--Apple-Mail-5-927552059
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed;
	delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

That directory services web site might work well (at least initially)  
as a wiki...

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0) wrote:

> We also talked a bit about bundle relays, other relays,  and  
> generally connecting DTN test beds.
>
> I'm looking a putting a bundling agent on Glenn Research Center's  
> openNet (globally connected via ipv4 and ipv6).  GRC would probably  
> have to put the routes in and could not provide machine access, but  
> could provide a hopping node.  I suspect we will have SNORT running  
> on the network to ensure nothing unusual is happening.  So, anyone  
> interested in network security related issues - I am open for  
> suggestions.
>
> Along with that, I was thinking of hosting a web site that had other  
> a directory of DTN nodes, their addressing a capabilities and  
> perhaps even their routes - sort of a DTN directory service.  The  
> interesting thing here is in my sensor-web research, we want similar  
> directory services to discover sensor webs, their capabilities and  
> who might be able to access such sensor-webs.
>
> /Will

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-5-927552059
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">That directory services web =
site might work well (at least initially) as a =
wiki...<div><br><div><div>On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Ivancic, William =
D. (GRC-RHN0) wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: auto; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0; "><div>We also talked a bit about =
bundle relays, other relays, &nbsp;and generally connecting DTN test =
beds.<span class=3D"843402814-01082008"><font face=3D"Arial" =
color=3D"#0000ff" size=3D"2">&nbsp;</font></span></div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"></span>&nbsp;</div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"><font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"#0000ff" =
size=3D"2">I'm looking&nbsp;a&nbsp;putting a bundling agent on Glenn =
Research Center's openNet (globally connected via&nbsp;ipv4 =
and&nbsp;ipv6).&nbsp; GRC would probably have to put the routes in and =
could not provide machine access, but could provide a&nbsp;hopping =
node.&nbsp; I suspect we will have SNORT running on the network to =
ensure nothing unusual is happening.&nbsp; So, anyone interested in =
network security related issues - I am open for =
suggestions.&nbsp;</font></span></div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"></span>&nbsp;</div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"><font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"#0000ff" =
size=3D"2">Along&nbsp;with that, I was thinking of hosting a web site =
that had other a directory of DTN nodes, their addressing a capabilities =
and perhaps even their routes - sort of a DTN directory service.&nbsp; =
The interesting thing here is in my sensor-web research, we want similar =
directory services to discover sensor webs, their capabilities and who =
might be able to access such =
sensor-webs.&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>&nbsp;</span></div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"><font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"#0000ff" =
size=3D"2"></font></span>&nbsp;</div><div><span =
class=3D"843402814-01082008"><font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"#0000ff" =
size=3D"2">/Will</font></span></div></span></blockquote></div><br><div> =
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: =
12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of Information and =
Telecommunication Systems</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and =
Computer Science</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, =
45701</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font =
face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</font></p></div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></span> =
</div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-5-927552059--

From: Kevin Fall <[email-masked]>
To: DTN Interest List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 07:46:40 -0700
Subject: [dtn-interest] of possible interest

coming up soon-

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/co-next/2008/rearch.html

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:38:11 -0500
From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hans Kruse" <[email-masked]>, "Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] [dtnbone]  Reminder - Informal Meeting

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8F3E4.416D8B2B
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

________________________________

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hans Kruse
	Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 10:17 AM
	To: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List;
[email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [dtnbone] [dtn-interest] Reminder - Informal
Meeting
=09
=09
	Thanks Lloyd.   Just a few quick (mental) notes I recall:=20

	We need to look at the TCP draft carefully; it describes the
DTN2 convergence layer which is not the same as the one in ION....=20
	=20
	This should be interesting as we at NASA are integrating some
internal testbeds between Glenn, Goddard, JPL, APL, Marshal and Johnson
(and the University of Colorado).  So, this issue should come up very
quickly=20

	We also talked a bit about bundle relays, other relays,  and
generally connecting DTN test beds.=20
	=20
	I'm looking a putting a bundling agent on Glenn Research
Center's openNet (globally connected via ipv4 and ipv6).  GRC would
probably have to put the routes in and could not provide machine access,
but could provide a hopping node.  I suspect we will have SNORT running
on the network to ensure nothing unusual is happening.  So, anyone
interested in network security related issues - I am open for
suggestions. =20
	=20
	Along with that, I was thinking of hosting a web site that had
other a directory of DTN nodes, their addressing a capabilities and
perhaps even their routes - sort of a DTN directory service.  The
interesting thing here is in my sensor-web research, we want similar
directory services to discover sensor webs, their capabilities and who
might be able to access such sensor-webs.  =20
	=20
	/Will

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8F3E4.416D8B2B
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16674" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space">
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>
  <HR tabIndex=3D-1>
  <FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2><B>From:</B> =
[email-masked]=20
  [mailto:[email-masked]] <B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Hans=20
  Kruse<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, August 01, 2008 10:17 AM<BR><B>To:</B> =
Delay=20
  Tolerant Networking Interest List;=20
  [email-masked]<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [dtnbone] =
[dtn-interest]=20
  Reminder - Informal Meeting<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>Thanks Lloyd. &nbsp; Just a few quick (mental) notes I =
recall:
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>We need to look at the TCP draft carefully; it describes the DTN2 =

  convergence layer which is not the same as the one in ION....<SPAN=20
  class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>This=20
  should be interesting as we at NASA are integrating some internal =
testbeds=20
  between&nbsp;Glenn, Goddard, JPL, APL, Marshal and Johnson&nbsp;(and =
the=20
  University of Colorado).&nbsp;&nbsp;So, this issue should come up very =

  quickly</FONT>&nbsp;</SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>We also talked a bit about bundle relays, other relays, &nbsp;and =

  generally connecting DTN test beds.<SPAN =
class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT=20
  face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>I'm=20
  looking&nbsp;a&nbsp;putting a bundling agent on Glenn Research =
Center's=20
  openNet (globally connected via&nbsp;ipv4 and&nbsp;ipv6).&nbsp; GRC =
would=20
  probably have to put the routes in and could not provide machine =
access, but=20
  could provide a&nbsp;hopping node.&nbsp; I suspect we will have SNORT =
running=20
  on the network to ensure nothing unusual is happening.&nbsp; So, =
anyone=20
  interested in network security related issues - I am open for=20
  suggestions.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2>Along&nbsp;with that, I was thinking of hosting a web site =
that had=20
  other a directory of DTN nodes, their addressing a capabilities and =
perhaps=20
  even their routes - sort of a DTN directory service.&nbsp; The =
interesting=20
  thing here is in my sensor-web research, we want similar directory =
services to=20
  discover sensor webs, their capabilities and who might be able to =
access such=20
  sensor-webs.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT>&nbsp;</SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D843402814-01082008><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2>/Will</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8F3E4.416D8B2B--

From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
To: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:17:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] [dtnbone]  Reminder - Informal Meeting

--Apple-Mail-3-922338937
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed;
	delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks Lloyd.   Just a few quick (mental) notes I recall:

We need to look at the TCP draft carefully; it describes the DTN2  
convergence layer which is not the same as the one in ION....

We talked about getting a number of drafts ready to move forward by  
Minneapolis.

We also talked a bit about bundle relays, other relays,  and generally  
connecting DTN test beds.

Finally, even though I am sure I did not have that much beer, I  
distinctly recall volunteering to get the UDP draft started, which I  
will do with help from those who actually know the code.

Anyone else is welcome to fill in omissions...

On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:21 PM, <[email-masked]>  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> There was consensus that the TCP convergence draft really needed to be
> published, and also that a UDP convergence layer draft needed to be  
> written,
> since there are multiple non-interoperable implementations out  
> there...
>
> otherwise, just a quick walkthrough of all the drafts and where they  
> were.
>
> L.
>
> DTN work: http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/dtn/
>
> <http://www.ee.surrey..ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] on behalf of Fall, Kevin
> Sent: Wed 2008-07-30 19:36
> To: Hans Kruse; Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [dtnbone] [dtn-interest] Reminder - Informal Meeting
>
> could somebody please take some notes?
>
> thx,
>
> -          K
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked] 
> ] On Behalf Of Hans Kruse
> Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:14 AM
> To: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List; [email-masked]
> Subject: [dtn-interest] Reminder - Informal Meeting
>
> Those of us interested in DTN topics and beer will meet in the bar  
> of the Golf hotel building after the plenary tonight.   (I'm the  
> portly guy in all black).
>
>
>
> Hans Kruse, Professor
>
> J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
>
> Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
> Science
>
> 292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
>
> 740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax
>
>
>
>
>

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-3-922338937
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Thanks Lloyd. &nbsp; Just a few =
quick (mental) notes I recall:<div><br></div><div>We need to look at the =
TCP draft carefully; it describes the DTN2 convergence layer which is =
not the same as the one in ION....</div><div><br></div><div>We talked =
about getting a number of drafts ready to move forward by =
Minneapolis.</div><div><br></div><div>We also talked a bit about bundle =
relays, other relays, &nbsp;and generally connecting DTN test =
beds.</div><div><br></div><div>Finally, even though I am sure I did not =
have that much beer, I distinctly recall volunteering to get the UDP =
draft started, which I will do with help from those who actually know =
the code.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Anyone else is welcome =
to fill in omissions...</div><div><br></div><div><div><div>On Jul 31, =
2008, at 1:21 PM, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>> =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"> <div> <!-- Converted from text/plain format --><p><font =
size=3D"2">There was consensus that the TCP convergence draft really =
needed to be<br> published, and also that a UDP convergence layer draft =
needed to be written,<br> since there are multiple non-interoperable =
implementations out there...<br> <br> otherwise, just a quick =
walkthrough of all the drafts and where they were.<br> <br> L.<br> <br> =
DTN work: <a =
href=3D"http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/dtn/">http://www.ee.sur=
rey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/dtn/</a><br> <br> &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/">http://www.ee.surrey.=
.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/</a>>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>><br> <br> =
<br> <br> -----Original Message-----<br> From: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">dtnbone-bounces@kor=
gano.eecs.ohiou.edu</a> on behalf of Fall, Kevin<br> Sent: Wed =
2008-07-30 19:36<br> To: Hans Kruse; Delay Tolerant Networking Interest =
List; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a=
><br> Subject: Re: [dtnbone] [dtn-interest] Reminder - Informal =
Meeting<br> <br> could somebody please take some notes?<br> <br> =
thx,<br> <br> -&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
K<br> From: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">dtn-interest-bounce=
[email-masked]</a> [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:dtn-interest=
[email-masked]</a>] On Behalf Of Hans Kruse<br> Sent: =
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:14 AM<br> To: Delay Tolerant Networking =
Interest List; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a=
><br> Subject: [dtn-interest] Reminder - Informal Meeting<br> <br> Those =
of us interested in DTN topics and beer will meet in the bar of the Golf =
hotel building after the plenary tonight.&nbsp;&nbsp; (I'm the portly =
guy in all black).<br> <br> <br> <br> Hans Kruse, Professor<br> <br> J. =
Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems<br> =
<br> Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer =
Science<br> <br> 292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, =
45701<br> <br> 740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax<br> <br> <br> <br> =
<br> </font> </p> </div> </blockquote></div><br><div> <span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: =
12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of Information and =
Telecommunication Systems</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and =
Computer Science</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, =
45701</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font =
face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</font></p></div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></span> =
</div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-3-922338937--