Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: ACM CHANTS 2011 (MobiCom Workshop) -- DEADLINE Extended!

From: F L <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 19:19:14 +0200

===== CALL FOR PAPERS  ====
The Sixth Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS 2011)
Co-located with ACM MobiCom 2011, 23 September 2011, Las Vegas,  
Nevada, USA
http://chants2011.ee.ethz.ch/
==================================================================
Challenged networks comprise those situations where communication is  
desired, but traditional internet protocol
  architectures fail to provide it effectively. Such networks may be  
characterized by intermittent connectivity, a
heterogeneous mix of nodes, nodal churn, and widely varying network  
conditions. Common examples of challenged
  networks include high delay environments such as inter-planetary  
networks, limited power environments such as sensor
  and wildlife monitoring networks, underwater networks, and  
communication in settings that lack infrastructure such as
rural and remote areas, and military battlefields. Challenged networks  
may also be found in everyday settings, when
access to traditional infrastructure is restricted, expensive, overly  
complex, or rapidly changing.

We solicit papers addressing the following topics:
	- Delay/disruption-tolerant networks (DTNs)
	- Architecture, design, implementation, and evaluation of  
communication systems for challenged networks
	- Case studies involving real challenged network solutions in various  
stages of development or use
	- Analysis and characterization of challenged networks and protocols
	- Applications in challenged networks (disaster relief and emergency  
management, vehicular networks, ...)
	-  Configuration, management, and monitoring of challenged networks
	- Security/Privacy concerns and solutions in challenged networks
	- Real-world mobility traces of challenged environments
	- Test and simulation tools for evaluating challenged network systems
	- Applications challenged networking techniques to communication in  
daily life

Important dates:
---------------------
Abstract Registration:		 6  May 2011  NEW deadline: 9 May 2011
Submission Deadline: 	13 May 2011 NEW deadline: 18 May 2011
Acceptance notification: 	28 June 2011

We look forward to receiving your submission,
  --
Ahmed Helmy and Franck Legendre
Chants'11 TPC Co-Chairs