Subject: [dtn-interest] [PerCom 2012] Call for Workshop Proposals

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:09:45 +0200

*******************************************************************************
IEEE PerCom 2012
10th IEEE Int. Conf. on Pervasive Computing and Communications
March 19-23, 2012 - Lugano, Switzerland
*******************************************************************************

CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
****************************************
IEEE PerCom, now  in its 10th edition, is the premier conference for presenting
scholarly research in  pervasive computing and communications. Advances in this
field are leading to  innovative platforms, protocols, systems and applications
for always-on, always-connected services.

The PerCom 2012 Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day  or half-day
workshops affiliated with  he conference. The workshops will be held  prior to,
or immediately after, the main conference. The purpose of these workshops is to
provide a venue for presenting novel ideas in a less formal  and typically more
focused area than at the conference itself.

Please visit  http://www.percom.org  to  learn about  earlier PerCom workshops.
Note that  PerCom workshops  are expected to  enable stimulating discussions of
state-of-the-art,  emerging,  visionary,   and  perhaps  controversial  topics.
Workshops  should be organized  to  promote such  lively interaction.  Plans to
promote  interaction  and discussion  should be clearly addressed  in  workshop
proposals.

Workshops  proposals  are  solicited  in  all  areas  and  topics pertaining to
pervasive  computing  and  communications  research and applications. Workshops
addressing  new  emerging  research  directions   in  pervasive  computing  and
communication are especially welcome.

Proposal Submission Guidelines:
*******************************
Each workshop proposal must include:

- The name of the workshop.

- The names, addresses, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the organizers (up
   to three, from at least two different institutions).

- A brief description  up to 1 page)  of the technical issues that the workshop
   will address,  and the reasons why the workshop  is of interest at this time.
   Please  also include a short discussion  of related workshops and conferences
   and outline why the proposed workshop is unique.

- The names  of potential program committee members,  and some consideration on
   the communities/groups it intends to attract.

- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively
   and interactive discussions.

- If applicable,  a description  of past versions  of the workshop,  including:
   number of submitted and accepted papers and number of attendees.

- If the workshop  does not have any past editions, an estimate of the expected
   number  of  submitted  and  accepted papers,  and of  the expected number  of
   attendees.

- A description of the publicity plan.

- A call for papers.

- The workshop website address.

Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than *May 31, 2011*, by e-mail
(in PDF format), to the PerCom 2012 Workshop Co-chairs at the following address
[email-masked],  with  "PerCom 2012 Workshop Proposal" in the
subject.

Important Dates
***************
Workshop proposals submission Deadline: May 31, 2011
Notification: June 21, 2011

The following dates for the workshops schedule are strongly recommended.
The date that papers are due to the IEEE is firm:

Paper submissions: October 30, 2011
Paper notifications: December 21, 2011

Pedro José Marrón and Marius Portmann
-- Percom Workshop co-chairs <[email-masked]>

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - PerCom 2012 Publicity Co-Chair

     Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
     Italian National Research Council (CNR)
     Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy

====================================================