Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP IEEE SECON 2012 (Deadline - December 8, 2011)

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:30:22 +0200

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a Call for Papers for the 9th Annual IEEE 
Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc 
Communications and Networks (IEEE SECON 2012), to be held in Seoul, 
Korea, on June 18-21, 2012. We apologize if you receive duplicate copies 
of this announcement.

----

*********************************************************************************** 

  CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE SECON 2012

9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on

Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

http://www.ieee-secon.org/

June 18-21, 2012 -- Seoul, Korea

***********************************************************************************

The ninth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to 
exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share 
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensor, 
mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems. IEEE SECON grew out of the IEEE 
INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an event that focused on 
the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc 
Communications Networks.

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and 
commercial developments in all aspects of sensor, ad hoc, and mesh 
communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, 
particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Vehicular Networks, Underwater Networks, Urban Sensing, and other 
Emerging Areas

* Disruption Tolerant Networks

* Measurements and Experimental Research

* Security and Trustworthiness

* Survivability, Network Management and Fault Tolerance

* Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation

* Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware

* MAC, Network, Transport, Application Protocols and Cross-Layer Design

* Network Coding, MIMO, White Space, Cooperative and Cognitive 
Communications

* Applications of mesh, senor, and ad-hoc communications in diverse 
domains such as Smart Grids, Green Networking, Environment Monitoring, 
Context Sensing and Awareness, Social Networking, Mobile Peer-to-Peer 
Systems, Contact Networking

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2012 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: 
http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=11259.

Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 
10 points. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceeding 
published by IEEE. Detailed paper submission guidelines will be posted 
in the SECON submission site.

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract Registration: 23:59 EST on December 1, 2011

Paper Submission Deadline: 23:59 EST on December 8, 2011

Acceptance Notification: March 19, 2012

Camera Ready: April 16, 2012

IEEE prohibits discrimination. For more information on their 
discrimination policy visit http://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination.

***********************************************************************************

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

General Chairs

Young-Bae Ko (Ajou University, Korea)

Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA)

Technical Program Chairs

Suman Banerjee (University of Wisconsin, USA)

Theodoros Salonidis (Technicolor, France)

Web Chair

Eric Rozner (AT&T Labs Research, USA)

Publicity Chairs

Sangheon Pack (Korea University, Korea)

Ramya Raghavendra (IBM Watson Research, USA)

Aline Viana (INRIA, France)

Local Arrangements Chairs

Sungrae Cho (Choonang University, Korea)

Yun Won Chung (Soongsil University, Korea)

Panels Chairs

Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National University, Korea)

Xin Liu (UC Davis, USA)

Workshops Chairs

Kangwon Lee (IBM Watson Research, USA)

Kyung-JoonPark (DGIST, Korea)

Demo Chairs

Uichin Lee (KAIST, Korea)

Konstantinos Pelechirinis (University of Pittsburgh, USA)

Poster Chairs

Young-June Choi (Ajou University, Korea)

Ignacio Solis (PARC, USA)

Publications Chair

Yaling Yang (Virginia Tech, USA)

Social Media Chair

Changhee Joo (UNIST, Korea)

Steering Committee

Fred Bauer (Chair, Cisco, USA)

Hamid Aghvami (King's College London, UK)

Mischa Dohler (CTTC, Spain)

Harvey Freeman (HAF Consulting, USA)

Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA)

Prasant Mohapatra (UC Davis, USA)

Krishna Sivalingam (University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA)