Subject: [dtn-interest] [ACM MobiOpp'12] Call For Papers

From: F L <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 01:23:18 +0200

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-         Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this  
CFP       -
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

		    ACM MobiOpp 2012
  	 Third International Workshop on
	   Mobile Opportunistic Networks

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/conference/mobiopp2012/
          sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

                March 15-16, 2012
            ETH Zürich, Switzerland

After the successful ACM MobiOpp 2007 and ACM MobiOpp 2010, the  
organizing committee is excited to invite you to take part in the  
Third International Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networks that  
will be held March 15-16th, 2012 in Zurich, Switzerland at ETH.

Opportunistic Networking is one of the emerging communication  
paradigms in wireless mobile communications. Opportunistic networks  
are commonly defined as a type of networks where communication is  
challenged by sporadic and intermittent contacts as well as frequent  
disconnections and reconnections, and where the assumption of the  
existence of an end-to-end path between the source and the destination  
is relinquished. The aim of MobiOpp 2012 is to provide a high profile,  
leading edge forum for researchers and engineers to present their  
latest research in the field of mobile opportunistic networking. In  
particular, MobiOpp 2012 strongly encourages submissions of  
experimental work.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunistic, Delay-tolerant and Hybrid Networks
- Mobile Urban Sensing and Crowdsensing
- Novel Architectures, Middleware, Prototypes and Testbeds
- Routing, Dissemination and Caching in Opportunistic Networks
- Analysis of Opportunistic Protocols
- Security, Trust, Privacy and Cooperation in Opportunistic Networks
- Social-aware Opportunistic Networking
- Anti-censorship/surveillance opportunistic communications
- Opportunistic Applications (e.g., opportunistic social networking,  
disaster and emergency situations, healthcare, communication
in remote regions)
- Mobility models for opportunistic networks

Submitted papers should be novel and should not be currently under  
review, whether in shorter, longer, or the same form. We accept paper  
submissions of **8 pages** and demo and poster abstracts of 2 pages athttp://edas.info/N11119 
. Further formatting requirements are available on the website. The  
workshop proceedings will be published by ACM.

MobiOpp 2012 is also featured on social networks. Follow us and get  
updates at:
http://twitter.com/MobiOpp2012
        and
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_221604371193978&ap=1 (then  
click on "Ask to join group")
Note that ACM MobiOpp’12 will be preceded by ExtremeCom’12 – The  
Alpine Expedition (http://extremecom.org/2012/) organized in the Swiss  
Alps, March 10-14, 2012.

Important Dates:
* Submission (Hard Deadline): November 18, 2011
* Notification: December 23, 2011
* Camera-ready: January 13, 2012
* Workshop:  March 15-16, 2012

ACM MobiOpp 2012 TPC Organizers
General Chair:          Plattner Bernhard,   	   ETH Zurich
TPC Co-Chair:           Franck Legendre,       	   ETH Zurich
TPC Co-Chair:           Cecilia Mascolo,        	   University of  
Cambridge
Local Organizer:        Andreea Picu,           	   ETH Zurich
Web Chair:                 Ilias Leontiadis,       	   University of  
Cambridge
Publicity Chair:          Valerio Arnaboldi,      	   IIT-CNR
Publicity Chair:          Aruna Balasubramanian, University of  
Washington

Program Committee,
Mostafa Ammar,                  Georgia Institute of Technology
Aruna Balasubramanian,  University of Washington
Nilanjan Banerjee,              University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Timothy Brown,                    University of Colorado, Boulder
Tracy Camp,                         Colorado School of Mines
Augustin Chaintreau,          Columbia University
Mooi Choo Chuah,               Lehigh University
Vania Conan,                        Thales Communications
Jon Crowcroft,                       University of Cambridge
Jakob Eriksson,                    University of Illinois at Chicago
Serge Fdida,                         UPMC Sorbonne Universit̩s
Roy Friedman,                      Technion
Laura Galluccio,                   University of Catania
Mario Gerla,                          University of California at Los  
Angeles
Silvia Giordano,                    University of Applied Science -  
SUPSI
Theus Hossmann,                ETH Zurich
Pan Hui,                        		 Deutsche Telekom Laboratories
Stratis Ioannidis,              	Technicolor Palo Alto
Merkourios Karaliopoulos, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Gunnar Karlsson,                KTH, Royal Institute of Technology
Kyunghan Lee,                    North Carolina State University
Anders Lindgren,                Swedish Institute of Computer Science
Martin May,                          Technicolor Paris
Emiliano Miluzzo,               AT&T
Refik Molva,                    	Institut Eurecom
Mirco Musolesi,                   University of St. Andrews
Giovanni Neglia,                 INRIA Sophia Antipolis
Joerg Ott,                      		Aalto University
Andrea Passarella,             IIT-CNR
Giovanni Pau,                   	UCLA
Christian Rohner,               Uppsala University
Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos,       Institut Eurecom
Ioannis Stavrakakis,            National and Kapodistrian University  
of Athens
Roger Whitaker                  	University of Cardiff, Wales
Hongyi Wu,                      	University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Yu Zheng,                       	Microsoft Research Asia