Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP IEEE SECON 2012 (Deadline - December 8, 2011)

From: Aline Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:44:08 +0200 (CEST)

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Participation (CFP).] 

*********************************************************************************** 
CALL FOR PAPERS 
IEEE SECON 2012 

9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on 
Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks 
http://www.ieee-secon.org/ 
June 18-21, 2012 -- Seoul, Korea 

*********************************************************************************** 
IMPORTANT DATES 

Abstract Registration: 23:59 EST on December 1, 2011 
Paper Submission Deadline: 23:59 EST on December 8, 2011 
Acceptance Notification: March 19, 2012 
Camera Ready: April 16, 2012 

SCOPE 

The ninth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to 
exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share 
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensor, 
mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems. IEEE SECON grew out of the IEEE 
INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an event that focused on 
the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc 
Communications Networks. 

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and 
commercial developments in all aspects of sensor, ad hoc, and mesh 
communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, 
particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to: 

* Vehicular Networks, Underwater Networks, Urban Sensing, and other 
Emerging Areas 
* Disruption Tolerant Networks 
* Measurements and Experimental Research 
* Security and Trustworthiness 
* Survivability, Network Management and Fault Tolerance 
* Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation 
* Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware 
* MAC, Network, Transport, Application Protocols and Cross-Layer Design 
* Network Coding, MIMO, White Space, Cooperative and Cognitive 
Communications 
* Applications of mesh, senor, and ad-hoc communications in diverse 
domains such as Smart Grids, Green Networking, Environment Monitoring, 
Context Sensing and Awareness, Social Networking, Mobile Peer-to-Peer 
Systems, Contact Networking 

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION 

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2012 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: 
http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=11259 . 

Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 
10 points. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceeding 
published by IEEE. Detailed paper submission guidelines will be posted 
in the SECON submission site. 

IEEE prohibits discrimination. For more information on their 
discrimination policy visithttp://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination. 

*********************************************************************************** 
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 

General Chairs 
Young-Bae Ko (Ajou University, Korea) 
Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA) 

Technical Program Chairs 
Suman Banerjee (University of Wisconsin, USA) 
Theodoros Salonidis (Technicolor, France) 

Web Chair 
Eric Rozner (AT&T Labs Research, USA) 

Publicity Chairs 
Sangheon Pack (Korea University, Korea) 
Ramya Raghavendra (IBM Watson Research, USA) 
Aline Carneiro Viana (INRIA, France) 

Local Arrangements Chairs 
Sungrae Cho (Choonang University, Korea) 
Yun Won Chung (Soongsil University, Korea) 

Panels Chairs 
Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National University, Korea) 
Xin Liu (UC Davis, USA) 

Workshops Chairs 
Kangwon Lee (IBM Watson Research, USA) 
Kyung-Joon Park (DGIST, Korea) 

Demo Chairs 
Uichin Lee (KAIST, Korea) 
Konstantinos Pelechirinis (University of Pittsburgh, USA) 

Poster Chairs 
Young-June Choi (Ajou University, Korea) 
Ignacio Solis (PARC, USA) 

Publications Chair 
Yaling Yang (Virginia Tech, USA) 

Social Media Chair 
Changhee Joo (UNIST, Korea) 

Steering Committee 
Fred Bauer (Chair, Cisco, USA) 
Hamid Aghvami (King's College London, UK) 
Mischa Dohler (CTTC, Spain) 
Harvey Freeman (HAF Consulting, USA) 
Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA) 
Prasant Mohapatra (UC Davis, USA) 
Krishna Sivalingam (University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA) 
**********************************************************************************