Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: IEEE Global Internet Symposium 2012

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:52:40 +0200

[Sorry for the distraction]

15th IEEE Global Internet Symposium
===================================

Orlando, Florida, USA
30 March 2012

http://comnet.aalto.fi/gi-2012

*** Call for Papers ***

The 15th IEEE Global Internet Symposium will be held in conjunction
with IEEE Infocom 2012 in Orlando, Florida, USA on 30 March 2012. All
relevant dates, location, and travel information are available from
the IEEE Infocom 2012 website (http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2012/).

The IEEE Global Internet Symposium aims to provide a forum for
researchers and practitioners to present and discuss advances in
Internet-related technologies. The focus of the symposium is on
experimental systems and on emerging future Internet technologies, and
especially on scaling such systems to a global scale. The Program
Committee encourages original submissions describing promising work in
progress, speculations about the future of the Internet, and
progressive position papers (which should be clearly marked as such).

The proceedings of the 15th IEEE Global Internet Symposium will be
published on-line through the IEEE Xplore Digital Library after IEEE
Infocom 2012 concludes.

*** Topics ***

Authors are invited to submit papers on issues, especially scaling
issues, related to current and future Internet technology.  Topics of
interest include, but not limited to, the following:

- Understanding Internet protocols and applications at global scale
   Internet Measurements and Methodology
- Traffic measurement, analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Network architectures
- Handling Internet dynamics/heterogeneity (by applications and/or
   the network)
- Large-scale distributed Internet applications
- Privacy and/or security issues in the Internet
- Anomaly, intrusion and attack detection
- Routing (unicast, multicast, anycast, etc.)
- Flow management (fairness/sharing, congestion control, differentiated
   services, etc.)
- The Internet and wireless/mobile devices, as well as intermittent
   connectivity
- P2P networking and overlay networks
- Provisioning, monitoring, and management of IP services
- Content networking (caching, content distribution, content routing,
   content services, load balancing, etc.)

*** Important Dates ***

Paper submission:           16 December 2011 (firm)
Notification of acceptance: 16 January 2012
Camera-ready deadline:      26 January 2012
Symposium:                  30 March 2012

*** Submission Instructions ***

Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE camera-ready
format (double-column, 10-pt font) and must be submitted via EDAS
(http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=9011) as PDF files formatted for
8.5x11-inch paper. The manuscripts must be no longer than 6 pages. The
Programme Committee reserves the right to not review papers that
violate these formatting rules.

Submitted papers must not have been previously published, or be under
consideration for publication elsewhere. All submitted papers will be
reviewed and judged on originality, technical correctness, relevance,
and quality of presentation. All accepted papers must be presented at
the symposium by one of the authors.

*** Technical Programme Committee Co-chairs ***

Dan Massey (Colorado State University)
Joerg Ott (Aalto University)

The Technical Programme Committee Co-chairs can be reached via email
to <[email-masked]>.