Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP IEEE SECON 2012 (Abstract Registration Deadline TODAY - December 1st, 2011)

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:53:54 +0100

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Participation (CFP).]

*********************************************************************************** 

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE SECON 2012

9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on

Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

http://www.ieee-secon.org/

June 18-21, 2012 - Seoul, Korea

***********************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract Registration: 23:59 EST on December 1, 2011

Paper Submission Deadline: 23:59 PST on December 8, 2011

Acceptance Notification: March 19, 2012

Camera Ready: April 16, 2012

SCOPE

The ninth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to 
exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share 
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensor, 
mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems.IEEE SECON grew out of the IEEE 
INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an event that focused on 
the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc 
Communications Networks.

In addition to the traditional topics published in SECON, this year the 
conference would like to especially encourage papers in emerging 
applications and services, involving sensor, mesh and ad-hoc 
communications, such as green technologies, smart grids, urban sensing 
systems, the Internet of Things, social networking, etc.

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and 
commercial developments in all aspects of sensor, ad hoc, and mesh 
communications and networking are solicited.The topics of interest 
include, but are not limited to:

* Emerging applications of mesh, sensor, and ad-hoc communications in 
diverse domains such as Smart Grids, Green Networking, Environment 
Monitoring, Urban Sensing, Context Sensing and Awareness, Social 
Networking, Mobile Peer-to-Peer Systems, Contact Networking, 
Machine-to-machine (M2M) systems, and the Internet of Things

* Vehicular Networks

* Underwater Networks

* Disruption Tolerant Networks

* Measurements and Experimental Research

* Security and Trustworthiness

* Survivability, Network Management and Fault Tolerance

* Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation

* Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware

* MAC, Network, Transport, Application Protocols and Cross-Layer Design

* Network Coding, MIMO, White Space, Cooperative and Cognitive 
Communications

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2012 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: 
http://edas.info/.Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size 
no smaller than 10 points. Accepted papers will appear in the conference 
proceeding published by IEEE.

The organizers of IEEE SECON 2012 as well as our attendees expect 
accepted papers to be presented at the conference.IEEE reserves the 
right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., 
removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the 
conference.Detailed paper submission guidelines will be posted in the 
SECON submission site.

***********************************************************************************

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

General Chairs

Young-Bae Ko (Ajou University, Korea)

Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA)

Technical Program Chairs

Suman Banerjee (University of Wisconsin, USA)

Theodoros Salonidis (Technicolor, France)

Web Chair

Eric Rozner (AT&T Labs Research, USA)

Publicity Chairs

Sangheon Pack (Korea University, Korea)

Ramya Raghavendra (IBM Watson Research, USA)

Aline Viana (INRIA, France)

Local Arrangements Chairs

Sungrae Cho (Choonang University, Korea)

Yun Won Chung (Soongsil University, Korea)

Panels Chairs

Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National University, Korea)

Xin Liu (UC Davis, USA)

Workshops Chairs

Kangwon Lee (IBM Watson Research, USA)

Kyung-JoonPark (DGIST, Korea)

Demo Chairs

Uichin Lee (KAIST, Korea)

Konstantinos Pelechirinis (University of Pittsburgh, USA)

Poster Chairs

Young-June Choi (Ajou University, Korea)

Ignacio Solis (PARC, USA)

Publications Chair

Yaling Yang (Virginia Tech, USA)

Social Media Chair

Changhee Joo (UNIST, Korea)

Steering Committee

Fred Bauer (Chair, Cisco, USA)

Hamid Aghvami (King's College London, UK)

Mischa Dohler (CTTC, Spain)

Harvey Freeman (HAF Consulting, USA)

Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs, USA)

Prasant Mohapatra (UC Davis, USA)

Krishna Sivalingam (University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA)

***********************************************************************************