Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: ACM HotPlanet workshop in conjunction with ACM MobiSys 2012

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:53:24 +0100

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Paper (CFP)]

***************************************************************************** 

CALL FOR PAPERS AND DEMOS

ACM HotPlanet 2012 - The 4th ACM International Workshop on Hot Topics in 
Planet-Scale Measurement

June 25, Low Wood Bay, Lake District, UK
http://www.hotplanetconf.net

***************************************************************************** 

IMPORTANT DATES
Full paper and demo registration deadline: March 18, 2012
Submission deadline: March 23, 2012
Authors notification: April 25, 2012
Camera-ready: May 1, 2012
Registration deadline: May 10, 2012
Workshop date: June 25, 2012

SCOPE
It is well-known that successfully researching, designing and building 
new mobile, ad-hoc, mesh and opportunistic networking systems and 
algorithms requires access to large-scale data on human mobility, 
encounter, and social network patterns. Unfortunately, the wireless and 
mobile research communities lack such data, with typical human contact 
traces consisting of less than 100 nodes. We believe that large-scale 
datasets are important, not only in communication network design, but 
also for fundamental study in other academic disciplines, e.g., 
epidemiology, urban planning, and social science. Complex networks 
research has flourished since 1989 when the first large Internet (and 
later WWW) datasets became available. To achieve similar improvements in 
mobile networking and related fields, large-scale, and ideally 
planet-scale, datasets must be collected and made available.

This 4th ACM HotPlanet workshop will challenge the community to collect 
large-scale human mobility traces as well as to propose novel mobility 
data processing and knowledge discovery techniques, also showcasing 
demonstrations of innovative realworld technology.

Topics of interest include but are not restricted to:
. Motivating applications for large-scale human mobility data 
collection, especially from other disciplines, e.g., epidemiology, sociology
. Methods for collecting large-scale human mobility datasets
. Techniques for mobility data storage and processing
. Knowledge discovery from mobility data
. Novel applications of large-scale human mobility datasets, e.g., human 
dynamics characterization and modeling
. Planet-scale data collection infrastructures
. Testbed federation for planet-scale data collection
. Incentive models for encouraging users and businesses to contribute in 
providing/collecting data on a planet-wide scale
. Enabling security, privacy and anonymity for large-scale data collection
. Regulatory, legal and ethical issues in planet-wide data collection

FULL PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on their 
originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of 
expression. Accepted papers will be published by ACM and placed in the 
ACM Digital Library. Submissions must be in English, no longer than 6 
pages and in PDF format, and use the ACM templates. All fonts must be 
embedded within the PDF and be Type 1 (scalable).
In order to allow papers to appear in the ACM Digital Library, authors 
of accepted papers will be asked to submit, together with their 
camera-ready, an ACM proceedings copyright transfer form. Failure to 
send the camera-ready and copyright transfer on time will prevent the 
publication of the paper and its inclusion in the ACM Digital Library.

Papers will be reviewed single blind.

DEMO PROPOSALS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Real-world data gathering and measurement are at the heart of 
large-scale human
mobility data collection, processing, and modeling. Technical 
demonstrations showing innovative and original practical solutions in 
the above mentioned topics are solicited, showing working prototypes 
stimulating discussion among the attendees.

Demo proposals should be submitted following the exact same guidelines 
of full papers, except for the page limit that is fixed to 2 (two) 
pages. Accepted proposals will be included in the proceedings and 
published by ACM on the ACM Digital Library.

Demo proposals will be peer reviewed single blind by the Demo Program 
Committee.

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
Aline Carneiro Viana, NRIA, France
Ahmed Helmy, University of Florida, USA

DEMO CHAIR
Luigi Iannone, Telekom Innovation Laboratories, Germany

WEB CHAIR
Fehmi Ben Abdesslem, University of Cambridge, UK

STEERING COMMITTEE
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
Pan Hui, Deutsche Telekom Laboratories, Germany
Tristan Henderson, University of St. Andrews, UK

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE -- FULL PAPER
Greg Bigwood, University of St Andrews, UK
Marco Fiore, INSA Lyon, France
Marcelo Dias de Amorim, CNRS/UPMC - Sorbonne Universités, France
Jérôme Härri & EUROCOM Sophia Antipolis, France
Emmanuel Bacceli, INRIA, France
Julinda Stefa, University of Sapienza, Italy
Pedro Stancioli, Federal University of Minas Gernais, Brazil
Ana Cristina B. Kochem Vendramin, UTFPR, Brazil
Artur Ziviani, National Laboratory for Scientific Computing, Brazil
Theus Hossmann & ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Zhixian Yan & EPFL, Switzerland
Nilanjan Banerjee & University of Arkansas, USA
Agoston Petz & University of Texas at Austin, USA
Gautam Thakur & University of Florida, USA
Aruna Seneviratne, NICTA, Australia
Tamer Nadeem, Old Dominion University, USA
Carlos Rey Moreno & University of the Western Cape, South Africa / 
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE -- DEMO PAPER
Cristel Pelsser, Internet Initiative, Japan
Damien Saucez, INRIA Sophia Antipolis
Mehdi Bezahaf, University of Lancaster, UK
Fernando SIlveira, Technicolor, USA
Hamed Haddadi, Queen Mary University of London, UK

**