Subject: [dtn-interest] [IEEE AOC 2012] Call for Papers - Deadline fast approching

From: Fabio Pezzoni<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:00:01 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               CALL FOR PAPERS                                  
                        Sixth IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on                           
             Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC 2012)              
                June 25, 2012 - San Francisco, California, USA                  
                        http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2012/

                           jointly supported by the                             
                     
                              SCAMPI project                                    
                  funded by the FP7-ICT Programme under the                     
         Future Internet Research and Experimentation (FIRE) initiative         
                         http://www.ict-scampi.eu/   

                                    and

                              RECOGNITION project                               
                  funded by the FP7-ICT Programme under the                     
              Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) initiative                 
                       http://www.recognition-project.eu/

                 Fast Track on Computer Communication Journal                   
                   http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comcom                        

             **** Submission Deadline --- February 17, 2012 ****                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The diffusion of lightweight,  powerful  portable devices,  also enriched with a
variety of sensing capabilities,  is enabling new ways for users' communication,
and laying the foundation for realizing  the ubiquitous networking idea.  Acting
either  as  the  main communication mode  or as complement  to  existing  mobile
network infrastructures, opportunistic networking  can leverage  the mobility of
end  users  and  enhance their  communication  capabilities.   The opportunistic
exploitation of extemporary  contacts  among  the users of the network paves the
way to a  number of applications but also poses  new and challenging problems to
the  networking research community.   The AOC 2012 workshop aims at serving as a
meeting point  for people  working in the area and a forum for exchanging ideas,
discussing solutions,  and sharing experiences among researchers, professionals,
and  application  developers,  both  from industry  and academia.  As  with  the
previous  five editions  of the AOC workshop series,  the scope  of  this year's
workshop  will remain  on general issues related to opportunistic networking and
computing.  Yet,  AOC 2012  will have  a primary interest in  new directions  of
opportunistic communications,  such as service composition techniques, scenarios
of co-existence  with infrastructure networks,  and  insights to their operation
coming from other disciplines such as game theory  and cognitive psychology. The
workshop  will solicit  original papers  addressing  theoretical  and  practical
aspects of autonomic and opportunistic communications but also papers describing
prototype implementations and deployments.

Topics of interest for AOC 2012 include, but are not limited to:

*   Routing, transport, and reliability issues
*   Techniques for data dissemination and replication
*   Applications and middleware support, mobile social networking applications
*   Mobility models and statistical analysis of mobility traces
*   Context and social awareness mechanisms and algorithms
*   Co-existence of opportunistic networks with infrastructure mobile wireless
    networks
*   Service composition in autonomic and opportunistic networks
*   Cognition-driven information processing and decision making
*   Performance modelling, scaling laws, and fundamental limits for autonomic
    and opportunistic communications
*   Game-theoretic insights to the operation of autonomic and opportunistic
    networks
*   Participatory and urban sensing in autonomic and opportunistic networks
*   Trust, security, and reputation
*   Autonomic and opportunistic communication testbeds and prototypes,
    measurement data from real experiments 
*   Socio-economic models for  autonomic and opportunistic communications

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
--------------------------------

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere  nor being currently under
review  by another conference or journal.  Manuscripts are limited to 6 pages,
single  spacing,  double  column,  and  must  strictly  adhere to the template
format.  Guidelines  on  paper  submission  and  formatting  are available  at
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2012/.

Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by IEEE. At
least  one author of  each accepted paper  is required to register and present
his/her  work at  the workshop.  There  will be no  separate  registration for
workshop, but one single registration will cover both conference and workshops
participation. 

Extended versions  of workshop selected papers will be considered for possible
fast  track publication  on  the  Computer Communications  Journal (Elsevier).

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
Full papers due:   February 17, 2012
Notification:          April 4, 2012
Workshop:              June 25, 2012

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

WORKSHOP Chairs
  Merkouris Karaliopoulos,  University of Athens, Greece
  Chiara Boldrini, IIT-CNR, Italy

STEERING Committee
  Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
  Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland
  Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

PUBLICITY Chairs
  Fabio Pezzoni, IIT-CNR, Italy
  Pushpendra Singh, IIIT Delhi, India

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
------------------------------------

Gergely Acs, BUTE, Hungary
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy
Jian-Nong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
Vania Conan, Thales, France 
Serge Fdida, UPMC, Paris VI, France
Laura Galluccio, University of Catania, Italy
Nidhi Hegde, Technicolor, France
Tristan Henderson, University of St. Andrews, UK
Gunnar Karlsson, KTH, Sweden
Mohan Kumar, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Kyunghan Lee, North Carolina State University, USA
Franck Legendre, ETH Zurich, Switzerland 
Daniele Miorandi, Create-net, Italy
Refik Molva, Eurecom, France 
Valtteri Niemi, Nokia, Switzerland
Katia Obraczka, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ionian University, Greece 
Joerg Ott, HUT, Finland 
Elena Pagani, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland
Christian Rohner, Uppsala University, Sweden
Fabrizio Sestini, EU Commission 
Abdullatif Shikfa, Alcatel Lucent Bell Labs, France 
Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos, EURECOM, France
Roger Whitaker, Cardiff University, UK 
Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
Eiko Yoneki, University of Cambridge, UK 
Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena-Reggio, Italy
Xiaolan Zhang, Fordham University, USA