Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: 1st IEEE SECON 2012 Workshop on Vehicular Communications, Sensing and Computing (VCSC)

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:38:02 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

1st IEEE SECON 2012 Workshop on Vehicular Communications, Sensing and 
Computing (VCSC)
June 18, 2012
Seoul, Korea
http://home.pusan.ac.kr/~hyjeong/VCSC2012/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent advances in wireless communications and automotive electronics 
have enabled many emerging vehicular applications that can enhance 
driver and passenger safety, better perceive road and traffic 
conditions, reduce the human efforts in driving, and provide broadband 
access and infotainment services for passengers. To meet these new 
requirements, there have been extensive R&D activities in the academia, 
industry, and government agencies around the world. Currently, there are 
still strong demands for innovative solutions in the interdisciplinary 
approaches involving vehicular communications, sensing, and computing.
The VCSC workshop aims to cover all related topics of 
intra/inter-vehicular communications, sensing on the road, and computing 
to support safer and more efficient driving. The component technology 
includes reliable and scalable system architecture, interworking with 
the existing network infrastructure, fusion of local and remote sensing 
data, new physical-layer technologies, information dissemination in 
vehicular networks, privacy and security, and cloud computing to realize 
these applications. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Vehicular sensors and sensing technologies
- Vehicular sensor networks
- System architecture for emerging vehicular applications
- Drive-through Internet
- New physical layer technologies
- MAC and routing protocols for vehicular communications
- Cognitive radio technologies for vehicular communications
- Heterogeneous sensing data fusion for better perception
- Inter-vehicular content distribution
- Vehicular cloud computing
- Interaction between vehicles and mobile devices
- Prototype and field tests

IMPORTANT DATES
Paper Submission Due: March 31, 2012
Notification of Acceptance: May 04, 2012
Camera-Ready Due: May 18, 2012

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
General co-chairs:
- Han-You Jeong, Pusan National University, Korea
- Fan Bai, General Motors Research, USA

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
- Ji-Hoon Yun, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- Joon Yoo, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Korea
- Jerome Haerri, Institut Eurecom, France

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The authors are encouraged to submit full papers describing original, 
previously unpublished, complete research, not currently under review by 
another conference or journal, addressing state-of-the-art research and 
development. Accepted papers will appear in the IEEEXplorer, so the 
manuscripts must be formatted in accordance with the IEEE Communications 
Society guidelines. All papers for VCSC 2012 must be submitted 
electronically via the EDAS system: http://edas.info/. Submissions must 
be no longer than six pages, single spacing, double column, 10-point 
font size, and must strictly adhere to the template format.
**