Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for participation – IEEE SECON 2012 - Early registration deadline May 29

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:59:35 +0200

***********************************************************************************

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Participation (CFP).]

***********************************************************************************

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

IEEE SECON 2012

9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on

Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

http://www.ieee-secon.org/

June 18-21, 2012 - Seoul, Korea

***********************************************************************************

* IMPORTANT DATES

Discounted hotel reservation deadline29 May 2012

Early registration deadline29 May 2012

Conference dates 18-21 June 2012

Workshops (ETSIoT’12 and VCSC’12) date18 June 2012

* SCOPE: Building on the success of previous years, 
IEEESECON2012provides a unique forum to exchange innovative research 
ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and 
practitioners in the field of sensor, mesh, and ad hoc networks and 
systems.IEEE SECON grew out of the IEEE INFOCOM conference in 2004, in 
order to create an event that focused on the important and exciting 
topics of Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications Networks. In addition 
to the traditional topics published in SECON, this year the conference 
especially brings papers in emerging applications and services, 
involving sensor, mesh and ad-hoc communications, such as green 
technologies, smart grids, urban sensing systems, the Internet of 
Things, social networking, etc.

* KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:Dr. Kang G. Shin (Professor at the University of 
Michigan) and Dr. Yoonchae Cheong (Senior Vice President at the Samsung 
Advanced Institute of Technology, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.).

* TECHNICAL PROGRAM:67papershavebeenacceptedfor 
presentationandforpublicationintheconference proceedings. The complete 
list of accepted papers can be found on-line at the conference web page: 
http://www.ieee-secon.org/program.html

* PANEL:The panel will provide discussion on “M2M/D2D toward Beyond 4G 
Wireless”.

* Workshops: IEEE SECON 2012 features two workshops to be held on June 
18, 2012:

1. The IEEE Workshop on Enabling Technologies for Smartphone and 
Internet of Things (ETSIoT) 2012 aims to provide a forum for academic 
researchers and industrial experts possessing the vision of IoT with 
smartphones.

2. The IEEE Workshop on Vehicular Communications, Sensing, and Computing 
(VCSC) 2012 aims to cover all related topics of intra/inter-vehicular 
communications, sensing on the road, and computing to support safer and 
more efficient driving.

* POSTERS/DEMOS: IEEE SECON 2012 includes poster and demostration 
sessions providing a forum to present and discuss works in progress, 
industry demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical 
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research 
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, 
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in 
the fields of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communications and networks. This 
year IEEE SECON is also running a best poster and best demo award 
competition. Awards will be based on the novelty and the potentials of 
the poster/demo to drive further research.

* STUDENTTRAVELGRANTS: TheIEEESECON 2012organizing committee is pleased 
to provide a limited number of Student Travel Grantsto graduate students 
to participate in our conference, workshops, poster, and demo sessions. 
See more information at http://www.ieee-secon.org/sttravel.html.

* SPONSORS: IEEE SECON 2012 organizing committee is pleased to announce 
it has 3 Gold patrons (ETRI, HP Laboratories, and Samsung Electronics) 
and 3 Silver patrons (IBM Research, INRIA, and KEPCO). See more 
information at http://www.ieee-secon.org/patrons.html.

**

* VENUE: IEEE SECON 2012 will take place at the Millennium Seoul Hilton 
at395, 5-ga, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea 100-802. A block 
of rooms have been reserved for June 15, 2012 - June 23, 2012. The 
special room rate will be available until May 29th or until the group 
block is sold-out, whichever comes first.Pleasemakeyourhotel 
arrangements early in order toinsure getting a room at the special 
conferencerate price. Reservations can be made on-line 
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/S/SELHITW-GIEE06-20120615/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG.