Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for participation – IEEE SECON 2012 - Early registration deadline May 29

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:41:28 +0200

***********************************************************************************

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Participation (CFP).]

*********************************************************************************** 

                              CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                                  IEEE SECON 2012

                   9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on

                  Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                             http://www.ieee-secon.org/

June 18-21, 2012 - Seoul, Korea

***********************************************************************************

* IMPORTANT DATES

Discounted hotel reservation deadline       29 May 2012

   Early registration deadline                 29 May 2012

   Conference dates                            18-21 June 2012

   Workshops (ETSIoT’12 and VCSC’12) date      18 June 2012

* SCOPE: Building on the success of previous years, IEEE  SECON  2012 
  provides a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent 
results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in 
the field of sensor, mesh, and ad hoc networks and systems.  IEEE SECON 
grew out of the IEEE INFOCOM conference in 2004, in order to create an 
event that focused on the important and exciting topics of Sensor, Mesh 
and Ad Hoc Communications Networks. In addition to the traditional 
topics published in SECON, this year the conference especially brings 
papers in emerging applications and services, involving sensor, mesh and 
ad-hoc communications, such as green technologies, smart grids, urban 
sensing systems, the Internet of Things, social networking, etc.

* KEYNOTE TALKS:  1)Dr. Yoonchae Cheong (Senior Vice President at the 
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.). 
Talk titled "Digital Space Expansion through Smartphone" and 2) Dr. Kang 
G. Shin (Professor at the University of Michigan. Talk titled "Is 
Dynamic Spectrum Access a Blessing or Curse?". Speaker bio and talk 
abstracts can be found at http://www.ieee-secon.org/keynote.html

* TECHNICAL  PROGRAM:  67  papers  have  been  accepted  for 
presentation   and  for   publication   in  the   conference 
proceedings. The complete list of accepted papers can be found on-line 
at the conference web page: http://www.ieee-secon.org/program.html

* PANEL:  The panel, moderated by Prof. Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National 
University, Korea),  will provide discussion on “M2M/D2D toward Beyond 
4G Wireless” and will be held on June 20th, 2012.

* Workshops: IEEE SECON 2012 features two workshops to be held on June 
18, 2012:

1. The IEEE Workshop on Enabling Technologies for Smartphone and 
Internet of Things (ETSIoT) 2012 aims to provide a forum for academic 
researchers and industrial experts possessing the vision of IoT with 
smartphones.

2. The IEEE Workshop on Vehicular Communications, Sensing, and Computing 
(VCSC) 2012 aims to cover all related topics of intra/inter-vehicular 
communications, sensing on the road, and computing to support safer and 
more efficient driving.

* POSTERS/DEMOS: IEEE SECON 2012 includes poster and demostration 
sessions providing a forum to present and discuss works in progress, 
industry demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical 
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research 
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, 
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in 
the fields of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communications and networks. This 
year IEEE SECON is also running a best poster and best demo award 
competition. Awards will be based on the novelty and the potentials of 
the poster/demo to drive further research.

* STUDENT  TRAVEL  GRANTS: The  IEEE  SECON 2012  organizing committee 
is pleased to provide a limited number of Student Travel Grants  to 
graduate students to participate in our conference, workshops, poster, 
and demo sessions. See more information at 
http://www.ieee-secon.org/sttravel.html.

* SPONSORS: IEEE SECON 2012 organizing committee is pleased to announce 
it has 3 Gold patrons (ETRI, HP Laboratories, and Samsung Electronics) 
and 3 Silver patrons (IBM Research, INRIA, and KEPCO). See more 
information at http://www.ieee-secon.org/patrons.html.

* VENUE: IEEE SECON 2012 will take place at the Millennium Seoul Hilton 
at  395, 5-ga, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea 100-802. A 
block of rooms have been reserved for June 15, 2012 - June 23, 2012. The 
special room rate will be available until May 29th or until the group 
block is sold-out, whichever comes first.  Please  make   your  hotel 
arrangements early in order to  insure getting a room at the special 
conference  rate price. Reservations can be made on-line 
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/S/SELHITW-GIEE06-20120615/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG.**