Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE SECON 2012 Student Travel Grant

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 14:20:10 +0200

(We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement)

==========
IEEE SECON 2012 Student Travel Grant Opportunities
==========

SECON 2012 is pleased to provide a limited number of student travel 
grants to graduate students to participate in our conference, workshops, 
poster, and demo sessions. Travel support will provide funds to help 
defray, but not necessarily to cover entirely, the costs of student's 
travel, lodging, meals, and conference registration fees. We encourage 
participation from women and underrepresented minorities.

Student Travel Grant Support

The support is intended to partially cover the costs of student's 
travel, lodging, meals, conference registration, etc. The award will be 
handled via reimbursements. Each legitimate expense must be documented 
with an original official receipt (e.g., air ticket and hotel receipt). 
The reimbursement will be sent as a check via postal mail six to eight 
weeks after submitting the reimbursement forms and supporting receipts. 
Further details of the reimbursement procedure will be communicated to 
the award recipients.

Eligibility for Student Travel Grants

The eligibility criteria for student travel grants to attend SECON 2012 
are as follows.  Applicants must be full-time, currently registered 
students in engineering or related fields in a college or university at 
the time of application.  Priority will be given to student authors with 
accepted papers, posters, or demos at SECON 2012 who would not otherwise 
be able to attend due to budgetary constraints. Priority is also given 
to students who are volunteers with SECON events. Special efforts will 
be made to recruit student participants who are underrepresented in STEM 
disciplines, and who are coming from diverse institutions

Application Process and Notification

The applicant should send an application containing:
- A resume or CV of the applicant
- A letter that (1) summarizes the applicant's current research 
interests / accomplishments and (2) describes how SECON will benefit 
his/her professional development.

The student's advisor should send a supporting letter that (1) confirms 
that the student is in good academic standing in their graduate program, 
(2) explains why the student is in need of a travel grant, and (3) 
describes how SECON will benefit the student's research progress.
Applications should be submitted by April 30 via email to the Travel 
Awards Chair (Patrick Tague, tague [at] cmu [dot] edu). Please use 
"SECON Student Travel Grant" in the subject line. PDF format is strongly 
recommended, and applications using unsupported formats may cause delay 
notification. The Student Travel Grant Committee will review all travel 
grant applications and notify applicants about award decisions by May 11.

Important Dates

Application Deadline: April 30, 2012
Decision: May 11, 2012

**