Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for Participation – ACM HotPlanet 2012 - Early registration deadline May 24

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 16:47:27 +0200

***********************************************************************************

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Participation (CFP).]

***********************************************************************************

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

ACM HotPlanet 2012 - The 4th ACM International Workshop on

Hot Topics in Planet-Scale Measurement

June 25, Low Wood Bay, Lake District, UK

http://www.hotplanetconf.net

***********************************************************************************

* IMPORTANT DATES

Early registration deadlineMay 24, 2012

Workshop dateJune 25, 2012

* SCOPE: It is well-known that successfully researching, designing and 
building new mobile, ad-hoc, mesh and opportunistic networking systems 
and algorithms requires access to large-scale data on human mobility, 
encounter, and social network patterns. Building on the success of 
previous years, this 4th ACM HotPlanet workshop will challenge the 
community to collect large-scale human mobility traces as well as to 
propose novel mobility data processing and knowledge discovery 
techniques, also showcasing demonstrations of innovative realworld 
technology. This year the full-day workshop brings papers in: emerging 
applications involving large-scale human mobility data collection, human 
dynamics characterization and modelling, knowledge discovery from 
mobility data, methods for choosing and collecting large-scale human 
mobility datasets, etc.

* KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:Prof. Jon Crowcroft (University of Cambridge) will 
give a talk entitled “Through a Graph, Darkly”. See 
http://www.hotplanetconf.net/ for more information.

* TECHNICAL PROGRAM:7 papers have been accepted for presentation and 
forpublication in the conference proceedings. The complete list of 
papers are now available at http://www.hotplanetconf.net/

**

* VENUE: The ACM HotPlanet 2012 will be held in conjunction with the ACM 
MobiSys 2012 conference at Low Wood Bay by Lake Windermere (Low Wood, 
Ambleside Rd indermere, Cumbria LA23 1LP). You are strongly encouraged 
to book your hotel room as soon as possible. There are limited rooms 
available and other hotels are some distance away and may be expensive 
at this time of year. Please, note that all bookings must be made via 
the Group Sales Office (****and not the website****). See the following 
link for more information:http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2012/venue.php