Subject: [dtn-interest] UDP/DCCP draft

From: "Kruse, Hans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:55:25 -0400

As agreed in Mountain View, we have updated the expired UDP Convergence Layer draft (for bundle and LTP transport) with sections on DCCP.
The draft is available for review:

Title           : Datagram Convergence Layers for the DTN Bundle and LTP Protocols
Author(s)       : Hans Kruse
                         Samuel Jero
                         Shawn Ostermann
Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-00.txt
Pages           : 10
Date            : 2012-09-03

Abstract:
  This document specifies the preferred method for transporting DTN
  protocol data over the Internet using datagrams.  The specification
  covers convergence layers for the Bundle Protocol as well as the
  transportation of LTP segments.  UDP and DCCP are the candidate
  datagram protocols discussed.  UDP can only be used on a local
  network, or in cases where the DTN node implements explicit
  congestion control.  DCCP does address the congestion control
  problem; however, the availability of implementations is limited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Chief Operating Officer, GRID Lab
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax