Subject: [dtn-interest] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-02.txt

From: "Kruse, Hans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:23:29 -0500

I have posted an -02 version of the datagram draft, addressing Elwyn Davies' comments and the IRSG review by David Ros.

Please let me know of further comments and/or nits.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-02.txt
Date: February 24, 2013 8:18:52 PM EST
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

Title           : Datagram Convergence Layers for the DTN Bundle and LTP Protocols
Author(s)       : Hans Kruse
                         Samuel Jero
                         Shawn Ostermann
Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-02.txt
Pages           : 10
Date            : 2013-02-24

Abstract:
  This document is a product of the DTNRG Research Group.  It specifies
  the preferred method for transporting DTN protocol data over the
  Internet using datagrams.  The specification covers convergence
  layers for the Bundle Protocol as well as the transportation of LTP
  segments.  UDP and DCCP are the candidate datagram protocols
  discussed.  UDP can only be used on a local network, or in cases
  where the DTN node implements explicit congestion control.  DCCP
  addresses the congestion control problem, and its use is recommended
  whenever possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Chief Operating Officer, GRID Lab
31 S. Court, Rm 150, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:41:09 +0000

Thanks, Hans.

That seems to generally do the business.

Couple of nits:
Abstract/s1: The agreed expansion of DTN is Delay- and
Disruption-Tolerant NetworkING.  Also this needs to be expanded in the
Abstract as may DTNRG.

Abstract: DCCP needs to be expanded here (unlike UDP which is a
'well-known' abbreviation) (DCCP is currently expanded in s2).

s1, last line: s/DTNRG RG/DTNRG/(or DTN RG) - subject to previous
expansions in the abstract!

s2, para 2: s/in directly in/directly in/ (sorry, my bad in the
suggested change).

General:
If we going to capitalize 'Bundle' then there are various instances of
'Bundle protocol' that should be 'Bundle Protocol' including:
s3.1, para 1
s3.2, para 1 (3 instances)
s3.2, para 2
s3.2.1, para 1
s3.2.2
s3.5
s3.5.2, para 2 (2 instances)
s5, para 2

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 20:23 -0500, Kruse, Hans wrote:
> I have posted an -02 version of the datagram draft, addressing Elwyn
> Davies' comments and the IRSG review by David Ros.
> 
> 
> > From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > 
> > 
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest