Subject: [dtn-interest] Prophet routing protocol problem

From: Bruno Tavares <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:29:14 +0000

Hello

I'm a student from Portugal and I'm using DTN2 to develop my thesys.
I'm having problems with the Prophet routing protocol. I'm using two nodes and when the two DTN servers are on the following error appears on one side:
dtn% ASSERTION FAILED (e->link_ != NULL) at routing/ProphetRouter.cc:190
STACK TRACE: 0x816b0b1 0x80ffc11 0x8093a88 0x80ff396 0x8084797 0x808472c 0x8085924 0x8190a1d 0x81908f6 0xb7401d4c 
Aborted (core dumped)

On the other node I get this (but in this node the server do not go down adversely with what happens on the other node):
[1360589387.922953 /dtn/storage/bundles error] update(44): bundle doesn't exist in table
[1360589387.922982 /dtn/bundle/actions critical] error updating bundle 44 in data store!!
[1360589387.923005 /dtn/storage/bundles error] update(44): bundle doesn't exist in table
[1360589387.923025 /dtn/bundle/actions critical] error updating bundle 44 in data store!!
[1360589387.923092 /dtn/cl/udp/sender/0xb41051d0 error] send_bundle: error sending bundle (wrote -1/122): Connection refused
[1360589389.930819 /dtn/storage/bundles error] update(45): bundle doesn't exist in table
[1360589389.930849 /dtn/bundle/actions critical] error updating bundle 45 in data store!!
[1360589389.930871 /dtn/storage/bundles error] update(45): bundle doesn't exist in table
[1360589389.930885 /dtn/bundle/actions critical] error updating bundle 45 in data store!!
[1360589389.931061 /dtn/storage/bundles error] update(45): bundle doesn't exist in table
[1360589389.931076 /dtn/bundle/actions critical] error updating bundle 45 in data store!!

I will attach the configuration files of the two nodes that I'm using

I would be very thankfull if someone could help me solve this problem.

Regards,

Bruno Tavares

---

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:35:12 +0100

Hi Bruno,

The PRoPHET implementation in DTN2 is not working very well.
If you want to use PRoPHET with a real bundle protocol implementation, I
think it might be better to use IBR-DTN instead as that should have a
functioning implementation of PRoPHET.

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/ibr-dtn/

/Anders

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Bruno Tavares <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm having problems with the Prophet routing protocol. I'm using two nodes
> and when the two DTN servers are on the following error appears on one side:
> On the other node I get this (but in this node the server do not go down
> adversely with what happens on the other node):
> [1360589387.923092 /dtn/cl/udp/sender/0xb41051d0 error] send_bundle: error
> sending bundle (wrote -1/122): Connection refused
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest
>
>