Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE IoT-SoS 2013 - deadline extended to March 6

From: Carlo Vallati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:44:49 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 ***** PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE *****
               MARCH 6, 2013 (11:59pm EST) ** EXTENDED **

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                             IoT-SoS 2013
                      Second IEEE Workshop on the
             Internet of Things: Smart Objects and Services

                  http://www.ing.unipi.it/iot-sos2013

                   co-located with IEEE WoWMoM 2013
               sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society

                            June 4, 2013
                            Madrid, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Internet of Things (IoT) is a novel paradigm which is shaping the
evolution of the future Internet. According to the vision underlying the
IoT, the next step in increasing the ubiquity of the Internet, after
connecting people anytime and everywhere, is to connect inanimate
objects. By providing objects with embedded communication capabilities
and a common addressing scheme, a highly distributed and ubiquitous
network of seamlessly connected heterogeneous devices is formed, which
can be fully integrated into the current Internet and mobile networks,
thus allowing for the development of new intelligent services available
anytime, anywhere, by anyone and anything. Such a vision is also
becoming known under the name of Machine-to-Machine (M2M), where the
absence of human interaction in the system dynamics is further stressed.

Many applications with high social and business impact fall under the
IoT/M2M umbrella, including personal healthcare, smart grid,
surveillance, home automation, intelligent transportation, while it is
expected that new ones will emerge once the enabling technologies reach
a stable state. At the moment, two of the most important challenges are:
i) the definition of architectures, protocols and algorithms for an
efficient interconnection of smart objects, both between themselves and
with the (Future) Internet; and ii) the creation of value-added
services, esp. open and interoperable, enabled by the interconnection of
things / machines / smart objects, in such a way that they can be
integrated with current and new business and development processes.

The aim of this workshop is to bring together practitioners and
researchers from both academia and industry in order to have a forum for
discussion and technical presentations on the recent advances in theory,
application and implementation of the Internet of Things concept:
technologies, protocols, algorithms, and services.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- System architectures for the IoT/M2M
- Communication protocols for the IoT/M2M
- Service platforms for the IoT/M2M
- Enabling technologies and standards for the IoT/M2M
- Mobility management
- Context awareness
- Sustainable design
- Location-based services and geographic information systems
- Experimental prototypes and large-scale testbed infrastructures
- Performance evaluation of IoT/M2M solutions
- Convergence with the Internet of Services
- Applications, including: eHealth/mHealth; Smart Grid/Smart Metering;
  connected consumer; fleet management; surveillance; Intelligent
  Transportation Systems; Smart House/Neighborhood/City
- Business development and processes
- Industrial use cases showing gaps to be filled by future research

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically to EDAS by March 6, 2013,
11:59pm EST. You can find detailed submission instructions at
http://www.ing.unipi.it/iot-sos2013/submission.shtml. Submission implies
the willingness of at least one author to attend the workshop and
present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the main
proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2013 and published by IEEE.

IMPORTANT DATES
Manuscripts Due:               March 6, 2013 (Extended)
Acceptance Notification:       April 7, 2013
Camera-ready Submission:      April 21, 2013

WORKSHOP CHAIR
Susana Sargento, University of Aveiro, Portugal

WORKSHOP VICE-CHAIR
Carlo Vallati, University of Pisa, Italy

STEERING COMMITEE
Jaudelice Cavalcante de Oliveira, Drexel University, PA, USA.
Claudio Cicconetti, INTECS, Italy.
Xiaohua Jia, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy.

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Ana Aguiar, University of Porto, Portugal
Baris Atakan, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Luigi Atzori, University of Cagliari, Italy
Angelo Castellani, University of Padova, Italy
Biao Chen, University of Macau, Macao
Huang Chuanhe, Whuhan University, P.R. China
Hongwei Du, Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhen Graduate School,
P.R. China
Andrzej Duda, Grenoble Institute of Technology, France
Mukul Goyal, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, USA
Burhan Gulbahar, Koc University, Turkey
Yuan Guo, Wilson, Ham & Holman, USA
Antonio Iera, University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Alessandro Mamelli, Hewlett-Packard, Italy
BelÃ©n MartÃ­nez, Tecnalia, Spain
Francisco Javier Nieto De-Santos, ATOS, Spain
Kostas Pentikousis, Huawei Technologies, Germany
Dirk Pesch, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Kay RÃ¶mer, University of LÃ¼beck, Germany
Jean-Philippe Vasseur, Cisco Systems, USA
Serdar Vural, University of Surrey, UK
Dexiang Wang, University of Florida, USA
Yan Zhang, Simula Research Laboratory and University of Oslo, Norway

-- 
-------------------------------------
Carlo Vallati, PhD
Post Doc Researcher
Computer Networking Group
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Università di Pisa
Via Diotisalvi 2, 56122 Pisa - Italy
Ph. : (+39) 050-2217.572 (direct) .599 (switch)
Fax : (+39) 050-2217.600
Skype: warner83
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://cng1.iet.unipi.it/~vallati/

-----------------------------------------------