Subject: [dtn-interest] Deadline June 25: IEEE Globecom 13 Cloud Workshop

From: "Burak Kantarci" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 15:33:28 -0400

Apologies for multiple possible postings.

Call For Papers

IEEE GLOBECOM (Global Communications Conference) 2013 International Workshop
on Cloud Computing Systems, Networks, and Applications (CCSNA)

9-13 December 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Workshop web: http://cloud.it.teithe.gr/index.html

EDAS submission web link: https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=14939

Paper submission deadline: June 25, 2013

Supporting organizations: IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Technical
Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing, IEEE Special Interest
Group on Green Data Center and Cloud Computing, IEEE Technical Committee on
Multimedia Communications, IEEE Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks

Scope and motivation:

Cloud Computing Systems offer users flexible accesses to computing, data
resources, communication networks, services, and applications. The
increasing deployment of cloud applications has created demands for
designing a reliable, secured, and efficient cloud system. Cloud
applications come with various needs. Some cloud applications require
intensive computing resources, while others may emphasize on data storage
and with a certain level on data protection. Therefore, it is challenging to
design a cloud computing system that can meet various requirements from
diverse cloud applications and services. The first International workshop on
Cloud Computing Systems, Networks and Applications (CCSNA-2013) will be a
forum for scientists, researchers, students, and practitioners to present
their latest research results, ideas, and developments in Cloud computing
system and network designs that can support existing and future applications
and services.

Researchers are encouraged to submit original research contributions in all
major areas, which include, but not limited to:

Topics of interest

*Cloud computing systems and networking - principles, designs, analyses, and
performance

-Theoretical analysis for cloud systems

-Cloud system and network design

-Optimization for cloud computing, networking, and applications

-Green cloud systems and networking

-Storage, data, and analytics for clouds design and networking

-Virtualization for cloud computing systems and networking

-Modeling and performance analysis for cloud system, network and storage

-Intra-cloud/inter-cloud computing and networking

-Cloud computing architectures and cloud solution design patterns

-Cloud migration, composition, federation, bridging, and bursting

-Cloud provisioning and migration

-Cloud DevOps

-Cloud system design with FPGA, GPU, APU

-Network Programmability, Software-Defined Networking and Virtual Ethernet
Switching

*Big data, data centers, and cloud managements 

-Big data storage and networking

-Real-time resource reporting and monitoring for cloud management

-Cloud quality management and service level agreement (SLA) 

-Cloud configuration, performance, and capacity management 

-Cloud workload profiling and deployment control 

-Autonomic business process and workflow management in clouds 

-Collaboration, management, and administration of clouds and services

-Quality of service on clouds and applications, including reliability,
availability

-Scalability, performance, and load balance

-Knowledge engineering and data mining techniques and systems on clouds

-Data center network management, reliability, optimization, and bridging

-Distributed data center architectures

-Cloud traffic engineering and control-plane architectures

*Cloud services, applications, security, and interdisciplinary topics

-Cloud system and storage security

-Mobile cloud system design

-Cloud media and storage design

-Security, privacy, and compliance management for clouds

-Self-service cloud portal, dashboard, and analytics 

-Infrastructure, platform, application, business, social, and mobile clouds 

-Security, privacy, and compliance management for public, private, and
hybrid clouds 

-Innovative cloud applications and experiences 

-Economic, business and ROI models for cloud computing 

-Mobile-aware networking, protocols, and infrastructures

-Content and service distribution in clouds

-Audit, authentication and authorization in clouds

-Service-oriented architecture in clouds

-Cloud support for IoTs and their services

-Cloud for service discovery

-Image processing and efficient video transmission on clouds

-Multimedia service provisioning on clouds

-MapReduce

-Resilience, fault tolerance

*Surveys

-Surveys on any topics above

Submission Guidelines

http://www.ieee-globecom.org/submguide.html#.UXZo0KKLB30

Organizing Committee:

General Chairs:

- Jinsong Wu, Bell Laboratories, China

- Andy Rindos, IBM Research, USA

- Moshe Zukerman, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Technical Program co-Chairs:

- Chuan Heng Foh, University of Surrey, UK

- Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece

- Yaser Jararweh, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan

Invited Speaker and Panel co-Chairs:

- Daniel C. Kilper, Columbia University, USA

- Abdallah Khreishah, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA

- Nabil J. Sarhan, Wayne State University, USA

Publication and EDAS co-Chair:

- Zuqing Zhu, University of Science and Technology of China, China

Publicity co-Chairs:

- Burak Kantarci, University of Ottawa, Canada

- Luca Foschini, University of Bologna, Italy

- Ranga Rao Venkatesha Prasad, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands

- Christos Kouroupetroglou, Technological Educational Institute of
Thessaloniki, Greece

-Fen Hou, University of Macau, Macu, China

Technical Program Committee Members

-Samer Al-Kiswany, University of British Columbia, Canada

-Jiann-Liang Chen, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology,
Taiwan

-Marcello Cinque, University of Naples, Italy             

-Bernabe Dorronsoro, University of Lille

-Hiroshi Esaki, The University of Tokyo, Japan

-Luca Foschini, University of Bologna, Italy

-Zonghua Gu, Zhejiang University, China

-Fen Hou, University of Macau, Macau, China

-Honggang Hu, University of Science and Technology of China, China

-Burak Kantarci, University of Ottawa, Canada

-Abdallah Khreishah, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA             

-Michel Marot, Institut TELECOM; Telecom SudParis, France               

-Jelena Mišić, Ryerson University, Canada

-Vojislav Mišić, Ryerson University, Canda

-Cathryn Peoples, University of Ulster, UK

-Antonio Pescapé, University of Napoli Federico II, Italy

-Joel Rodrigues, University of Beira Interior, Portugal

-Weidong (Larry) Shi, University of Houston, USA

-Di Wu, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangdong, China

-Chau Yuen, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore 

-Liqiang Zhang, Indiana University South Bend, USA

-Xiao Zhang, NorthWest Polytechnical University, China

-Haibo Zhou, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China