Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] IEEE SECON 2014

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:47:22 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Papers (CFP).]

************************************************************************************** 

                              CALL FOR PAPERS

                               IEEE SECON 2014
                  11th Annual IEEE International Conference on
                     Sensing, Communication and Networking
                         http://www.ieee-secon.org/

                     June 30 - July 3, 2014 - Singapore
                      Hosted by University Town - National University of 
Singapore

**************************************************************************************

----------------------------------------------

SCOPE

----------------------------------------------
The eleventh annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to 
exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share 
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensing 
and communication in wireless networks. The focus of SECON is novel 
communication technologies and emerging applications and services, 
involving mobile sensing and communication, cyber-physical systems, and 
ubiquitous and pervasive computing.

----------------------------------------------

TOPICS OF INTEREST

----------------------------------------------

Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and 
commercial developments in all aspects of sensor and wireless 
communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, 
particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

. Software Defined Networking for mobile and wireless networks
. Network coding, MIMO, compressed sensing
. White space, cooperative and cognitive communications
. Novel smartphone-based sensing systems, tools, applications and 
experiences
. Novel applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, 
distributed mobile computing
. New technologies, e.g. UWB, RFID, NFC, visible light & underwater 
communications
. Low power and energy limited sensing and communications, including 
energy-harvesting
. Cellular communications and data networks
. Mesh, ad-hoc, vehicular, and disruption tolerant networks
. Measurement of wireless and sensor systems, and novel experimental 
testbeds
. Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor 
systems
. Survivability, network management, and fault tolerance
. Modeling, algorithms, and performance evaluation
. MAC, network, transport, application protocols and cross-layer design

----------------------------------------------

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

----------------------------------------------

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2014 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: http://edas.info/. 
Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 
10 points. Additional paper submittal instructions can be found on the 
conference web-site: http://www.ieee-secon.org. Papers that violate the 
format guidelines will be rejected without review.

To be published in the IEEE SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and IEEE 
Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the 
conference at the full or limited (member or non-member) rate. Each 
paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference 
unless the TPC Chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter. 
Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the 
final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For 
authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid 
for up to three papers. Accepted final papers will be published in the 
IEEE SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®. 
All accepted papers will shepherded to ensure that the reviewers' 
feedback is incorporated in the camera ready version.

The organizers of IEEE SECON 2014 as well as our attendees expect 
accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the 
right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., 
removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.

----------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

----------------------------------------------

Abstract Registration: 11:59pm EST on December 6, 2013

Paper Submission Deadline: 9:00pm EST on December 13, 2013

Note: Paper submission deadline is a hard deadline!

Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2014

Camera Ready: April 15, 2014

----------------------------------------------

ORGANIZATION

----------------------------------------------

General Chair
                 Chen-Khong Tham, ECE NUS, Singapore

Technical Program Chairs
                 Guevara Noubir, CIS Northeastern U, USA
                 Andreas Terzis, CS Johns Hopkins U, USA

Organizing Chair & Industry Liaison Co-Chair
                 Lawrence Wong, ECE NUS, Singapore

Demo Chairs
                 Jun Luo, SCE NTU, Singapore
                 Patrick Tague, Carnegie Mellon U, USA

Panel Chairs
                 Mun-Choon Chan, CS NUS, Singapore
                 Aruna Seneviratne, NICTA and UNSW, Australia
                 Thyagarajan Nandagopal, National Science Foundation, USA

Poster Chairs
                 Hwee-Pink Tan, I2R A*STAR, Singapore
                 Majid Ghaderi, U Calgary, Canada

Publications Chair
                 Archan Misra, SIS SMU, Singapore

Publicity Chairs
                 Mo Li, SCE NTU, Singapore
                 Yanmin Zhu, Shanghai Jiaotong U, China

Travel Grant Chairs
                 David Yau, SUTD/ADSC, Singapore
                 Venkatesha Prasad, TU Delft, Netherlands

Web Chair
                 Wai-Leong Yeow, I2R A*STAR, Singapore

Workshop Chairs
                 Tony Quek, SUTD, Singapore
                 Tim Wark, CSIRO, Australia
                 Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA, France

Industry Liaison Chair
                 Wilson Ang, Infocomm Devt Authority (IDA), Singapore

Local Arrangements Chair
                 Ming-Tuo Zhou, NICT, Singapore