Subject: [dtn-interest] ACM CoNext 2013 - Student Workshop 5 days left

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:34:00 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Paper (CFP).]

*********************************************************************************** 

CALL FOR PAPERS

Student Workshop at ACM CoNEXT 2013
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/co-next/2013/workshops/student/index.html
December 9, 2013 - Santa Barbara, California

***********************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract Submission: October 1, 2013

Acceptance Notification: October 17, 2013

Camera Ready: October 22, 2013
Workshop Date: December 9, 2013

SCOPE AND TOPICS

Following the success of previous years, the main conference will be 
preceded with a one-day Student Workshop. The ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student 
Workshop aims at providing a platform for graduate students in the area 
of computer networks to present their ongoing research efforts. The 
venue also represents a unique opportunity for students to network with 
other young researchers as well as more experienced ones, receive 
constructive feedback, guidance, tips, and learn about cutting-edge 
research problems being tackled by the community. As previous years, we 
will have a keynote lecture and a panel from distinguished researchers 
in the networking community.

We encourage submissions from graduate students about research at an 
early stage and for more advanced dissertation-level research. The 
submission should describe the research in 2 pages and indicate whether 
this is early-stage (i.e., a Work In Progress submission) or 
dissertation research (i.e, a PhD Forum submission) for potential 
presentation at the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student Workshop. Research that 
addresses non-standard topics and controversial problems and approaches 
is of particular interest. The scope of the workshop is broad and covers 
all aspects of networking research. Example topics include (but not 
limited to):

* Internet measurement and modeling

* Wireless networks

* Mobile and cellular networks

* Mesh, ad hoc and sensor networks

* Economic aspects of the Internet

* Network security

* Datacenter networks

* Peer-to-peer, overlay and content distribution networks

* Online social networks

* Routing and traffic engineering

* Network management, including energy issues

* Interface between networking, communications and information theory

* New networking protocols and architectures

* Applications of network science in communication networks

FORMATTING GUIDELINES

Please follow the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Formatting Guidelines EXCEPT for the 
following two differences:

- Papers are limited to TWO (2) pages plus references only. Note that 
the two page limit includes ALL figures, tables but does not include 
references.

- Please provide only author name and affiliation; it is not necessary 
to add PAPER ID and number of pages.

Abstracts can be submitted at: http://crp.mytestbed.net/studentconext13/

***********************************************************************************
ORGANISING COMMITTEE

Co-Chairs:
* Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA
* Phillipa Gill,Stony Brook University
* Guillaume Jourjon,NICTA

TPC Members:
* Ibrahim Amadou INRIA, FRANCE
* Danilo Ardagna Politecnico di Milano, ITALY
* David Choffnes University of Washington, USA
* Alberto Dainotti CAIDA/UC San Diego, USA
* Jeffrey ErmanAT&T Labs -- Research, USA
* Mauro FonsecaPontifical Catholic University of Paran¡ (PUC-PR), BRAZIL
* Monia GhobadiGoogle, USA
* Pan Hui The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, HONG KONG
* Junda Liu Google, USA
* Emmanuel Lochin ISAE, FRANCE
* Olaf MaennelLoughborough University, UK
* Olivier Mehani NICTA, AUSTRALIA
* Mubashir Rehmani COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, PAKISTAN
* Vinay Ribeiro IIT Delhi, INDIA
* Damien Saucez INRIA, FRANCE
* Fabian Schneider NEC, GERMANY
* Julinda Stefa Sapienza University of Rome, ITALY
* Shobha Venkataraman AT&T Labs -- Research, USA
* Artur Ziviani National Laboratory for Scientific Computing (LNCC), BRAZIL
* Ítalo Fernando Scotá Cunha Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais 
(UFMG), BRAZIL
***********************************************************************************

-- 
Document sans titre