Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] ACM CoNEXT 2013 - Student Workshop, Deadline September 26, 2013

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 13:50:03 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Paper (CFP).]

*********************************************************************************** 

                       CALL FOR PAPERS

                      ACM CoNEXT 2013 - Student Workshop
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/co-next/2013/workshops/student/index.html
                  December 9, 2013 - Santa Barbara, California

***********************************************************************************
IMPORTANT DATES
Abstract Submission: September 26, 2013
Acceptance Notification: October 17, 2013
Camera Ready: October 22, 2013

SCOPE AND TOPICS

Following the success of previous years, the main conference will be 
preceded with a one-day Student Workshop. The ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student 
Workshop aims at providing a platform for graduate students in the area 
of computer networks to present their ongoing research efforts. The 
venue also represents a unique opportunity for students to network with 
other young researchers as well as more experienced ones, receive 
constructive feedback, guidance, tips, and learn about cutting-edge 
research problems being tackled by the community. As previous years, we 
will have a keynote lecture and a panel from distinguished researchers 
in the networking community.

We encourage submissions from graduate students about research at an 
early stage and for more advanced dissertation-level research. The 
submission should describe the research in 2 pages and indicate whether 
this is early-stage (i.e., a Work In Progress submission) or 
dissertation research (i.e, a PhD Forum submission) for potential 
presentation at the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student Workshop. Research that 
addresses non-standard topics and controversial problems and approaches 
is of particular interest. The scope of the workshop is broad and covers 
all aspects of networking research. Example topics include (but not 
limited to):
* Internet measurement and modeling
* Wireless networks
* Mobile and cellular networks
* Mesh, ad hoc and sensor networks
* Economic aspects of the Internet
* Network security
* Datacenter networks
* Peer-to-peer, overlay and content distribution networks
* Online social networks
* Routing and traffic engineering
* Network management, including energy issues
* Interface between networking, communications and information theory
* New networking protocols and architectures
* Applications of network science in communication networks

FORMATTING GUIDELINES

Please follow the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Formatting Guidelines EXCEPT for the 
following two differences:
     - Papers are limited to TWO (2) pages plus references only. Note 
that the two page limit includes ALL figures, tables but does not 
include references.
     - Please provide only author name and affiliation; it is not 
necessary to add PAPER ID and number of pages.

Abstracts can be submitted at: http://crp.mytestbed.net/studentconext13/

***********************************************************************************
WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS
  Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA, FRANCE
  Phillipa Gill, Stony Brook University, USA
  Guillaume Jourjon, NICTA, AUSTRALIA
***********************************************************************************