Subject: [dtn-interest] [dtc-interest] Call for Papers IEEE WoWMoM 2014

From: Guillaume Jourjon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 03:21:12 +0000

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                              WoWMoM 2014
                 Fifteenth International Symposium on a
            World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                    http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/

                             sponsored by
                        IEEE Computer Society (pending),
Missouri University of Science and Technology,
        IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)
(pending)

                            June 16-19, 2013
                             Sydney, Australia

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****       ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 22, 2013       *******
****                FULL MANUSCRIPT DUE: NOVEMBER 29, 2013       *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IEEE WoWMoM 2014 is soliciting original and previously unpublished
papers addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of
wireless, mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications.

The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in
future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as
sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy,
duly documenting the lessons learned from testbeds, field-trials, or
real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
   distribution for mobile networks
- Localization mechanisms and services
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Mobile social networking
- Resource management and QoS/QoE provisioning
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- Dependability, reliability and survivability issues for wireless,
   mobile and multimedia networks
- Security and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia
   networks
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless internetworking and self-organization
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Modeling, analysis, and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper
Award.  Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. You can find
detailed submission instructions at:
http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/authors/submission-instructions/

************************************************************************
*Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend   *
*the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included*
*in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2014 and published in the           *
*IEEE Digital Library. WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude  *
*a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from    *
*IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.         *
************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Abstract submission deadline: November 22, 2013.
- Full manuscript due:          November 29, 2013.
- Acceptance notification:         March 14, 2014.

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/, or contact the PC Chairs.

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library
(Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. WoWMoM 2014 will
also feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and a Demonstrations Session.
Please visit the conference website for details.

________________________________

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.

---

From: Guillaume Jourjon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 03:10:42 +0000

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
Call for Paper (CFP).]

*************************************************************************

CALL FOR PAPERS
Student Workshop at ACM CoNEXT 2013
December 9, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/co-next/2013/workshops/student/

*************************************************************************
SCOPE AND TOPICS

Following the success of previous years, the main conference will be
preceded
with a one-day Student Workshop. The ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student Workshop aims
at
providing a platform for graduate students in the area of computer
networks to
present their ongoing research efforts. The venue also represents a unique
opportunity for students to network with other young researchers as well
as more
experienced ones, receive constructive feedback, guidance, tips, and learn
about cutting-edge research problems being tackled by the community. As
previous
years, we will have a keynote lecture and a panel from distinguished
researchers
in the net- working community.

We encourage submissions from graduate students about research at an early
stage
and for more advanced dissertation-level research. The sub- mission should
describe the research in 2 pages and indicate whether this is early-stage
(i.e.,
a Work In Progress submission) or dissertation research (i.e, a PhD Forum
submission) for potential presentation at the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student
Workshop.
Research that addresses non-standard topics and controversial problems and
approaches is of particular interest. The scope of the workshop is broad
and
covers all aspects of networking research. Example topics include (but not
limited to):

* Internet measurement and modelling
* Wireless networks
* Mobile and cellular networks
* Network security
* Economic aspects of the Internet
* Interface between networking, communications and information theory
* Applications of network science in communication networks
* Peer-to-peer, overlay and content distribution networks
* Online social networks
* Mesh, ad hoc and sensor networks
* Routing and traffic engineering
* Network management, including energy issues
* New networking protocols and architectures
* Datacenter networks

IMPORTANT DATES

* Abstracts submission deadline: September 30, 2013
* Author notification due: October 17, 2013
* Camera ready due: October 22, 2013
* Workshop Date: December 9, 2013

FORMATTING GUIDELINES

Please follow the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Formatting Guidelines EXCEPT for the
following
two differences:
* Papers are limited to TWO (2) pages plus references only. Note that the
two
page limit includes ALL figures, tables but does not include
references..
* Please provide only author name and affiliation; it is not necessary to
add
PAPER ID and number of pages.
Abstracts can be submitted at: http://crp.mytestbed.net/studentconext13/

ORGANISING COMMITTEE

Co-Chairs:
* Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA
* Phillipa Gill, Stony Brook University
* Guillaume Jourjon, NICTA

TPC Members:
* Ibrahim Amadou INRIA, FRANCE
* Danilo Ardagna Politecnico di Milano, ITALY
* David Choffnes University of Washington, USA
* Alberto Dainotti CAIDA/UC San Diego, USA
* Jeffrey Erman AT&T Labs -- Research, USA
* Mauro Fonseca Pontifical Catholic University of Paran¡ (PUC-PR), BRAZIL
* Monia Ghobadi Google, USA
* Pan Hui The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, HONG
KONG
* Junda Liu  Google, USA
* Emmanuel Lochin ISAE, FRANCE
* Olaf Maennel Loughborough University, UK
* Olivier Mehani NICTA, AUSTRALIA
* Mubashir Rehmani COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, PAKISTAN
* Vinay Ribeiro  IIT Delhi, INDIA
* Damien Saucez  INRIA, FRANCE
* Fabian Schneider NEC, GERMANY
* Julinda Stefa  Sapienza University of Rome, ITALY
* Shobha Venkataraman AT&T Labs -- Research, USA
* Artur Ziviani  National Laboratory for Scientific Computing (LNCC),
BRAZIL
* Ítalo Fernando Scotá Cunha Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG),
BRAZIL

*************************************************************************

---

From: Guillaume Jourjon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 05:17:00 +0000

CALL FOR PAPERS

Following the success of previous years, the main conference will be
preceded with a one-day Student Workshop. The ACM CoNEXT 2013 Student Workshop
aims At providing a platform for graduate students in the area of computer
networks to present their ongoing research efforts. The venue also represents
a unique opportunity for students to network with other young researchers
as well as more experienced ones, receive constructive feedback, guidance,
tips, and learn about cutting-edge research problems being tackled by the
community. As previous years, we will have a keynote lecture and a panel
from distinguished researchers in the net- working community.

We encourage submissions from graduate students about research at an early
stage and for more advanced dissertation-level research. The sub- mission
should describe the research in 2 pages and indicate whether this is early-
stage (i.e., a Work In Progress submission) or dissertation research (i.e,
a PhD Forum submission) for potential presentation at the ACM CoNEXT 2013
Student Workshop.
Research that addresses non-standard topics and controversial problems and
approaches is of particular interest. The scope of the workshop is broad
And covers all aspects of networking research. Example topics include (but
not limited to):

IMPORTANT DATES

* Abstracts submission deadline: October 1, 2013
* Author notification due: October 17, 2013
* Camera ready due: October 22, 2013
* Workshop Date: December 9, 2013

FORMATTING GUIDELINES

Please follow the ACM CoNEXT 2013 Formatting Guidelines EXCEPT for the
following two differences:
* Papers are limited to TWO (2) pages plus references only. Note that the
two-page limit includes ALL figures, tables but does not include
references..
* Please provide only author name and affiliation; it is not necessary to
add PAPER ID and number of pages.
Abstracts can be submitted at: http://crp.mytestbed.net/studentconext13/

ORGANISING COMMITTEE

Co-Chairs:

TPC Members: