Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] IEEE Symposium on Human-Centric Sensing and Social Networks (HCNSS 2014), Singapore

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:39:34 +0200

*******************************************************************************

IEEE Symposium on Human-Centric Sensing and Social Networks (HCNSS 2014)

http://issnip2014.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/symposium.php#hcssn

April 21-24, 2014 - Singapore

in conjunction to IEEE ISSNIP 2014

*******************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES:

Abstract Submission Deadline: 17 Nov 2013

Paper Submission Deadline: 24 Nov 2013

Paper Acceptance Notification: 05 Jan 2014

Camera Ready Manuscript Deadline: 02 Feb 2014

SCOPE

Due to the rapid evolution of the mobile devices equipped with 
increasing number of sensors, mobile sensing is increasingly becoming 
part of everyday life and thus is gaining deep attentions in research 
and industry. Besides, widespread of sensor based mobile applications 
currently allows monitoring a diverse range of human activities and 
commonly encountered contexts by taking advantages of the availability 
of a huge number of available sensors and actuators. Mobile sensing has 
penetrated into many application areas including advertisement, 
entertainment, social networking, healthcare, gaming, transportation and 
even citizen analysis. And based on these domains and applications, 
several challenges are nowadays raised such as people and context 
sensing, analysis and mining of mobile sensed data, top-down-top 
information feedback, etc.

This symposium will offer an opportunity for researchers and industrials 
to present their novel and innovative methodologies, techniques, tools 
and real-life experiences concerning mobile sensing areas. The symposium 
solicits papers on both completed work and work-in-progress. Papers that 
bring out new and interesting approaches at an early stage of their 
development are very welcome. The symposium will be held in conjunction 
with ISSNIP 2014 which draws many leading researchers in the field of 
networking.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Systems architecture for mobile sensing

* New mobile sensing hardware

* Security, privacy and mobile sensing

* QoS/QoE mobile sensing

* Mobile crowd-sourcing

* Participatory/Opportunistic sensing

* Contextual feedback

* Image sensing

* Mining human-centric sensing data

* Experiences and users studies

* Mobile sensing applications

* Mobile social network

* Cognitive radio based sensor network

* Mobile cloud computing for sensors

FORMATTING GUIDELINES

Please follow the IEEE ISSNIP 2014 Formatting: 
http://issnip2014.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/authors.php

SYMPOSIUM CHAIRS

Stephane Maag Telecom SudParis, France

Cathy Huey-Ing Liu, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan

Dusit Niyato, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

Wang Ping, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

TECHNICAL PROGRAMME COMMITTEE MEMBERS

* Olivier Camp, Institut de la Francophonie pour l'Informatique, Vietnam

* Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA, France

* Victor Moraru, Institut de la Francophonie pour l'Informatique, Vietnam

* Yu-Chee Tseng, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan

* Wei Song, University of New Brunswick, Canada

* Zhu Kun, University of Manitoba, Canada

* Dinh Thai Hoang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

* Fen Hou, University of Macau, China

* Mehdi Bennis, University of Oulu, Finland

* Khajonpong Akkarajitsakul, King Mongkut's University of Thonburi, Thailand

* Phond Phunchongharn, King Mongkut's University of Thonburi, Thailand