Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] IEEE PerCom International Workshop on the Impact of Human Mobility on Pervasive Systems and Applications (PerMoby 2014)

From: "Andreea (Picu) Hossmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:54:34 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Papers]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The IEEE PerCom International Workshop on the Impact of Human Mobility
on Pervasive Systems and Applications (PerMoby 2014)

http://vecchio.iet.unipi.it/permoby

in conjunction with PerCom 2014 (http://www.percom.org)
March 24-28 2014, Budapest, Hungary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

The key components of many pervasive systems and applications are already
deployed in the form of ubiquitous commercial products carried by humans.
Human mobility makes it possible for such key components to interact,
promoting cooperation and sharing of content, services and resources.
Smartphones, tablet PCs, and other personal devices act as mobile computing
elements able to gather information about the surrounding environment
according to the mobility of users. In other situations these devices
operate as mobile nodes of the computing and/or networking infrastructure,
where interaction and communication occur opportunistically.

The goal of PerMoby is to explore the impact of human mobility on the
achievement of the pervasive computing vision. The focus is on pervasive
applications, systems, and protocols where mobility plays an active role
in achieving the end goals.

Original papers addressing both theoretical and practical aspects of
human-centric applications and systems are solicited. Papers describing
prototype implementations and deployment of such applications and systems
are particularly welcome. The submission of papers on controversial issues
is also encouraged. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- pervasive systems and applications based on (or influenced by) human 
mobility
- mobile phone sensing applications and systems
- opportunistic and participatory sensing, and anything in between
- opportunistic computing
- pervasive systems with humans in the loop
- wearable sensing systems
- mobility models
- distributed computing approaches that rely on human mobility
- impact of human mobility on wireless communication
- green pervasive applications that leverage human mobility
- mobility aware protocols
- opportunistic networking
- pervasive social networking

PUBLICATION AND INDEXING

Papers are published in the combined proceedings of the IEEE PerCom
Workshops and will appear on IEEExplore.

According to Google’s metrics, such proceedings are characterised by
high values of h5 index and h5-median index, respectively equal to 32 and
43. This makes the IEEE PerCom Workshops one of the publication venues
with higher visibility and impact in the area of pervasive computing.

In the last years, the IEEE PerCom Workshops proceedings have always been
indexed by Scopus. Besides appearing within the database, a paper that
is published in the IEEE PerCom Workshops is both a “source” and a
“destination” for the Scopus citation managing system (and thus it
contributes to the author’s h-index and citation count, as computed
by Scopus).

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers should contain original material and should not be previously
published or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts
are limited to a maximum of 6 pages in IEEE conference format. At least
one author of each accepted paper must register and attend the workshop
to present the paper. There is no workshop-only registration. An oral
presentation at the workshop is strictly required. Failure to present
the paper at the workshop will result in the withdrawal of the paper
from the proceedings as well as from IEEE Xplore. Paper submission via
EDAS athttp://edas.info/N15441.

IMPORTANT DATES

- Submission deadline: November 4, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: December 21, 2013
- Camera ready: Late January, 2014

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
Theus Hossmann, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Daniele Puccinelli, University of Applied Sciences of Southern 
Switzerland (SUPSI)

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE (not final)
Mikael Asplund, Linköping University, Sweden
Henrik Blunck, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Chiara Boldrini, IIT-CNR, Italy
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR
Jordi Cucurull, Scytl
Thanh Dang, Washington State University Vancouver, USA
Anna Förster, University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland, 
Switzerland
Liam McNamara, Uppsala University, Sweden
Mirco Musolesi, University of Birmingham, UK
Melek Önen, EURECOM, France
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
Salvatore Vanini, University of Applied Sciences of Southern 
Switzerland, Switzerland
Min Wu, Oracle Corporation, USA
Christian Rohner, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eiko Yoneki, University of Cambridge, UK
Yaxiong Zhao, Amazon.com Inc, USA
Marco Zuniga, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands

STEERING COMMITTEE
Daniele Puccinelli, University of Applied Sciences of Southern 
Switzerland (SUPSI)
Alessio Vecchio, University of Pisa, Italy

PUBLICITY CHAIR
Andreea (Picu) Hossmann, ETH Zurich, Switzerland