Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE SECON 2014 Call for Papers

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:53:20 +0100

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Papers (CFP).]

----------------------------------------------
11th IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking
SECON 2014
June 30 - July 3, 2014
Singapore
http://www.ieee-secon.org/
----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------
SECON 2014 CALL FOR PAPERS
----------------------------------------------
The eleventh annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to 
exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share 
experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensing 
and communication in wireless networks. The focus of SECON is novel 
communication technologies and emerging applications and services, 
involving mobile sensing and communication, cyber-physical systems, and 
ubiquitous and pervasive computing.

----------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST
----------------------------------------------
Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and 
commercial developments in all aspects of sensor and wireless 
communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, 
particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

. Software Defined Networking for mobile and wireless networks
. Network coding, MIMO, compressed sensing
. White space, cooperative and cognitive communications
. Novel smartphone-based sensing systems, tools, applications and 
experiences
. Novel applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, 
distributed mobile computing
. New technologies, e.g. UWB, RFID, NFC, visible light & underwater 
communications
. Low power and energy limited sensing and communications, including 
energy-harvesting
. Cellular communications and data networks
. Mesh, ad-hoc, vehicular, and disruption tolerant networks
. Measurement of wireless and sensor systems, and novel experimental 
testbeds
. Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor 
systems
. Survivability, network management, and fault tolerance
. Modeling, algorithms, and performance evaluation
. MAC, network, transport, application protocols and cross-layer design

----------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------------
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under 
review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2014 
must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system: http://edas.info/. 
Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 
10 points. Additional paper submittal instructions can be found on the 
conference web-site: http://www.ieee-secon.org. Papers that violate the 
format guidelines will be rejected without review.

To be published in the IEEE SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and to be 
eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper 
is required to register for the conference at the full (member or 
non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that 
paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a 
substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is 
qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable 
registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE 
formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with 
multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 
papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE 
SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.

The organizers of IEEE SECON 2014 as well as our attendees expect 
accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the 
right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., 
removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.

----------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
----------------------------------------------
Abstract Registration: 11:59pm EST on December 6, 2013
Paper Submission Deadline: 9:00pm EST on December 13, 2013
Note: Paper submission deadline is a hard deadline!
Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2014
Camera Ready: April 15, 2014

----------------------------------------------
ORGANIZATION
----------------------------------------------
General Chair
     Chen-Khong Tham, ECE NUS, Singapore
Technical Program Chairs
     Guevara Noubir, CIS Northeastern U, USA
     Andreas Terzis, CS Johns Hopkins U, USA
Organizing Chair & Industry Liaison Co-Chair
     Lawrence Wong, ECE NUS, Singapore
Demo Chairs
     Jun Luo, SCE NTU, Singapore
     Patrick Tague, Carnegie Mellon U, USA
Panel Chairs
     Mun-Choon Chan, CS NUS, Singapore
     Aruna Seneviratne, NICTA and UNSW, Australia
     Thyagarajan Nandagopal, National Science Foundation, USA
Poster Chairs
     Hwee-Pink Tan, I2R A*STAR, Singapore
     Majid Ghaderi, U Calgary, Canada
Publications Chairs
     Archan Misra, SIS SMU, Singapore
     Lai-Tee Cheok, SIS SMU, Singapore
Publicity Chairs
     Mo Li, SCE NTU, Singapore
     Yanmin Zhu, Shanghai Jiaotong U, China
Travel Grant Chairs
     David Yau, SUTD/ADSC, Singapore
     Venkatesha Prasad, TU Delft, Netherlands
Web Chair
     Wai-Leong Yeow, I2R A*STAR, Singapore
Workshop Chairs
     Tony Quek, SUTD, Singapore
     Tim Wark, CSIRO, Australia
     Aline Carneiro Viana, INRIA, France
Industry Liaison Chair
     Wilson Ang, Infocomm Devt Authority (IDA), Singapore
Local Arrangements Chair
     Ming-Tuo Zhou, NICT, Singapore