Subject: [dtn-interest] 5 days left WoWMoM 2014

From: Guillaume Jourjon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:49:50 +0000

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                              WoWMoM 2014
                 Fifteenth International Symposium on a
            World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                    http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/

                             sponsored by
                        IEEE Computer Society (pending),
               Missouri University of Science and Technology,
        IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)(pending)

                            June 16-19, 2013
                            Sydney, Australia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to numerous requests, the paper submission deadline has been extended.

****   EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 13, 2013  *******
****       EXTENDED FULL MANUSCRIPT DUE: DECEMBER 20, 2013       *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IEEE WoWMoM 2014 is soliciting original and previously unpublished
papers addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of
wireless, mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications.

The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in
future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as
sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy,
duly documenting the lessons learned from testbeds, field-trials, or
real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
   distribution for mobile networks
- Localization mechanisms and services
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Mobile social networking
- Resource management and QoS/QoE provisioning
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- Dependability, reliability and survivability issues for wireless,
   mobile and multimedia networks
- Security and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia
   networks
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless internetworking and self-organization
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Modeling, analysis, and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper
Award.  Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. You can find
detailed submission instructions at:
http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/authors/submission-instructions/

************************************************************************
*Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend   *
*the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included*
*in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2014 and published in the           *
*IEEE Digital Library. WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude  *
*a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from    *
*IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.         *
************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED DEADLINES)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Abstract submission deadline: December 13, 2013.
- Full manuscript due:          December 20, 2013.
- Acceptance notification:         March 14, 2014.

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://wowmom14.conference.nicta.com.au/, or contact the PC Chairs.

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library
(Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. WoWMoM 2014 will
also feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and a Demonstrations Session.
Please visit the conference website for details.

________________________________

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.