Subject: [dtn-interest] RFC 7116 on Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP), Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE), and Bundle Protocol IANA Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:48:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7116

        Title:      Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP), Compressed 
                    Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE), and Bundle 
                    Protocol IANA Registries 
        Author:     K. Scott, M. Blanchet
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18568
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dtnrg-ltp-cbhe-registries-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7116.txt

The DTNRG Research Group has defined the experimental Licklider
Transmission Protocol (LTP) and the Compressed Bundle Header Encoding
(CBHE) mechanism for the InterPlanetary Network ('ipn' URI scheme).
Moreover, RFC 5050 defines values for the Bundle Protocol
administrative record type.  All of these fields are subject to a
registry.  For the purpose of its research work, the group has
created ad hoc registries.  As the specifications are stable and have
multiple interoperable implementations, the group would like to hand
off the registries to IANA for official management.  This document
describes the necessary IANA actions.

This document is a product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Vint Cerf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:53:41 -0500

YAY!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Subject: [dtn-interest] RFC 7116 on Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP),
Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE), and Bundle Protocol IANA
Registries
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

        RFC 7116

This document is a product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group
of the IRTF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce
lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
dtn-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest