Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP ACM MobiCom 2014 (Submission Deadline - March 10, 2014)

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:15:01 +0100

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a Call for Papers for the 20th Annual Annual 
International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM MobiCom 
2014), to be held in Maui, Hawaii, on September 7-11, 2014. We apologize 
if you receive duplicate copies of this announcement.

----

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Papers (CFP).]

*********************************************************************************** 

                                CALL FOR PAPERS

                                ACM MobiCom 2014
                    The 20th Annual International Conference on
                         Mobile Computing and Networking
                    http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2014/

                          Sept 7-11, 2014 - Maui, Hawaii

***********************************************************************************

MobiCom 2014 will mark the 20th edition of the premier conference on 
mobile computing and wireless networking. To mark the special event, the 
conference will add new features that will be announced in coming days 
and months. However, it all starts by you submitting your best paper!

MobiCom 2014 solicits papers that focus on the theory, system, practice 
and challenge of providing users with a successful mobile or wireless 
experience. This includes how mobile computing changes how people use 
their computer, computing resources and applications, as well the 
systems, services and technology enabling those applications. At its 
core, we expect papers to address issues related to mobile computing, 
security and communication challenges in the presence of various 
wireless and mobile networks, including but not limited to wireless 
LANs, cellular data networks, mobile social networks, delay-tolerant 
networks, sensor networks, personal area networks, vehicular networks, 
wireless mesh networks, and mobile ad hoc networks. Successful papers 
will address real research challenges through theoretical analysis, 
novel system design, as well as real-world measurement and deployment of 
mobile systems and applications.

MobiCom 2014 will be a diverse conference, and we strongly encourage the 
submission of mobile systems, experimental and theoretical papers. The 
program committee will evaluate each paper using metrics that are 
appropriate for the topic area. For example, a systems or experimental 
paper in the protocol area will be evaluated based on the innovations in 
the protocol design, practical implementation, and realistic evaluation, 
whereas a more theoretical paper may be evaluated mostly based on 
innovation within the design of the algorithm and its provable 
properties. At the same time, the evaluation of wireless and mobile 
networking technologies is challenging because of the significant impact 
that the physical environment has on performance. For this reason, all 
papers must carefully describe and justify the evaluation methodology 
that is used and identify its strengths and weaknesses.

The program committee will referee all papers, and accepted papers will 
be published in the conference proceedings. The authors should note 
there is an intent to provide open-access to all accepted conference 
articles.

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

All paper submissions will be handled electronically at the submission 
site http://mars.cse.ohio-state.edu/mobicom2014/. Authors should prepare 
a PDF version of their full paper. Any papers that do not adhere to the 
following guidelines will be immediately rejected:

1. Maximum of 12 pages
2. Font size no smaller than 10 points
3. Double column format with each column having dimensions 9.25 inches × 
3.33 inches, a space of 0.33 inches between the two columns, and with no 
more than 55 lines of text per column
4. Fit properly on US letter-sized paper (8.5 inches × 11 inches)

Detailed instructions on how and where to submit your paper can be found 
at http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2014/submit.html.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through 
double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld 
from the reviewers. Detailed instructions to authors on preparing a 
double-blind manuscript will be posted here shortly. Authors' names must 
not appear anywhere in the paper or in the PDF file. Submitted papers 
must be original work, and a paper with substantial similarity must 
neither be already published, nor be currently under review for 
publication in any other venue. Please direct any questions about the 
paper submission process to the Program Co-Chairs at 
[email-masked].

BEST PAPER AWARD (AND MORE!)

All papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award. The program 
committee will select a number of candidates for the award among 
accepted papers. The winner will be selected at the conference, 
considering both the paper and the presentation. The winner will receive 
a plaque and a cash award.

In addition, this year, we plan to add new award categories. The details 
of the new award categories will be announced in the near future.

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstracts submission due        5:00 PM EST, March 5, 2014 (hard deadline)
Paper submissions due                5:00 PM EST, March 10, 2014 (hard 
deadline)
Notification of acceptance        June 2, 2014
Camera-ready version due        July 27, 2014

IMPORTANT NOTE

It is ACM policy 
(http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/copyright_policy) not to allow 
double submissions, where the same paper is submitted to more than one 
conference/journal concurrently. Any double submissions detected will be 
immediately rejected from all conferences/journals involved.

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Please feel free to contact the General Chair ([email-masked]) or 
the Program Co-Chairs ([email-masked]) for more information. 
For information on ACM SIGMOBILE and the MobiCom series of conferences, 
see http://www.sigmobile.org/ or contact the General Chair.