Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP - IEEE WoWMoM workshop on Resilient ICT for Management of Mega Disasters

From: Ling-Jyh Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:34:50 +0800

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

The 2nd IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on Resilient Information and Communication
Technologies for Management of Natural Disasters (RITMAN 2014)

June 16, 2014, Sydney, Australia
http://newslabx.csie.ntu.edu.tw/RITMAN14/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------

RITMAN 2014 is the second of the workshop series on resilient information
and communication technologies (ICT) for management of natural disasters
and will be held at Sydney, Australia in conjunction with IEEE WoWMoM 2014.
The previous workshop RITMAN 2012 was held in conjunction with the 5th
International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing and Applications
(SOCA 2012), December 2012 in Taipei, Taiwan. Disaster management is a
multi-phase process, from mitigation, to preparedness, response, recovery,
to reconstruction.

RITMAN workshops focus primarily on preparedness, response and recovery
phases. In recent years, we have seen tremendous advances in technologies
for the predication and detection of natural disasters. Many standards and
tools have enabled interoperability of diverse sensors, sensor networks
and web services. Open platforms and message exchange standards have
emerged to facilitate alert delivery and support response operations.
Despite these advances, statistics on natural disasters still show that
even technologically advanced regions are not as well prepared and
resilient against calamitous events that bring damage, destruction and
loss of property and life. RITMAN workshop series aims to provide
researchers and developers with a forum for the purpose of stimulating
discussions and collaborations on missing ICT and novel applications
that can enhance preparedness and resiliency against disasters, especially
events of unforeseen sizes and severity.

The central theme of RITMAN 2014 will be the exploitation of wireless and
mobile technologies for disaster preparedness and response. Topics of
interest include but not limited to the following:

- Disaster resilient communication
- Responsive messaging services during mega disasters
- Technology for crowdsourcing disaster surveillance sensor data
- Assessment and reduction of uncertainty in disaster information
- Mobile device based cloud
- Cyber-physical devices and applications for disaster preparedness and response
- Integration of resources and information in cyber and physical spaces
- Privacy protection of rescue/emergency information
- Disaster information system for resilient communities

PAPER SUBMISSION
--------------------------------

Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers that
are not being considered in another forum. Manuscripts will be limited to
4 (IEEE style) pages. Please follow the IEEE Computer Society Press
Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare your papers with 8.5" x 11",
two-column format. The paper formatting instructions are available at
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Paper Submission Due: March 1, 2014
Acceptance Notification: April 16, 2014
Camera Ready Submission: May, 2014
Workshop: June 16, 2014

ORGANISING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Steering Committee
- Feng-Tyan Lin, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Hsueh-Cheng Chou, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Jane Liu, Academia Sinica, Taiwan

General Chair
- Chi-Sheng Shih, National Taiwan University, Taiwan

Program Chairs
- Giovanni Pau, UPMC - LIP6, France
- Ling-Jyh Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan

Program Committee
TBA