Subject: [dtn-interest] Research Associate (Postdoc) position in Optimization and Modeling of Complex Distributed Systems (Internet/Cloud-computing based problems)

From: "Dzmitry Kliazovich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 07:19:07 -0600

*********************************************************
Research Associate (Postdoc) position in Optimization and Modeling of
Complex Distributed Systems (Internet/Cloud-computing based problems)
*********************************************************

The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a highly motivated
full-time Research Associate (Postdoc) in the area of Optimization and
Modeling of Complex Distributed Systems (Internet/Cloud-computing based
problems).

Your Role

The successful candidates will join a strong and motivated research team
lead by Prof. Pascal Bouvry in order to carry out research. The position
holder will be required to perform the following tasks:

- Conducting research and producing results
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Assisting in teaching duties
- Organizing scientific conferences and workshops

For further information, please contact [email-masked] or
[email-masked].

Your Profile

- PhD degree (or to be near completion)
- Strong background in the field of optimization, modeling and
Internet/Cloud-computing based problems
- Excellent programming skills
- Strong mathematics background
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English

We offer

The University offers an employment contract for one year, which may be
extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries
and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting
international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in
the development of a newly created university.

Application

Applications, written in English should be submitted online at the following
link

http://emea3.mrted.ly/jf3l

and should include: 
- Full CV, including list of publications
- Contact details of three referees
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300
words).

Deadline for applications: January 7, 2015

For inquiries please contact:  Dzmitry Kliazovich
([email-masked]) or Pascal Bouvry ([email-masked])