Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE WoWMoM 2015 Workshop on Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC) - DEADLINE EXTENDED

From: Elisabetta Biondi<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:34:01 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP

Abstract submission deadline:   March 14, 2015 (EXTENDED) 
Full manuscript due:            March 20, 2015 (EXTENDED)
Acceptance notification:        April 20, 2015
---------------------------------------------------------------------

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

               The Ninth IEEE International Workshop on
              Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications
                             (AOC 2015)

                   http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2015

                           sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                        EU FP7 MOTO Project                           

                  June 14-17 2015, Boston, MA, USA

The diffusion of lightweight, powerful portable devices, also enriched with a
variety of sensing capabilities, is enabling new ways for users' communication,
and laying the foundation for realizing the ubiquitous networking idea. Acting
either as the main communication mode or as complement to existing mobile
network infrastructures, opportunistic networking can leverage the mobility of
end users and enhance their communication capabilities. The opportunistic
exploitation of extemporary contacts among the users of the network paves the
way to a number of applications but also poses new and challenging problems to
the networking research community. The AOC 2015 workshop aims at serving as a
meeting point for people working in the area and a forum for exchanging ideas,
discussing solutions, and sharing experiences among researchers, professionals,
and application developers, both from industry and academia.  As with the
previous eight editions of the AOC workshop series, the scope of this year's
workshop will remain on general issues related to opportunistic networking and
computing. Yet, AOC 2015 will have a primary interest in new directions of
opportunistic communications, such as mobile social networking, autonomous
solutions for smart cities, big data for autonomic and opportunistic systems
service composition techniques, scenarios of co-existence with infrastructure
networks, and insights to their operation coming from other disciplines such as
game theory and cognitive psychology. The workshop will solicit original papers
addressing theoretical and practical aspects of autonomic and opportunistic
communications but also papers describing prototype implementations and
deployments.

Topics of interest for AOC 2015 include, but are not limited to: 

- Techniques for data dissemination and replication
- Context and social awareness mechanisms and algorithms
- Autonomous and self-adaptive systems for smart cities
- Autonomous solutions for IoT and cyber-physical systems
- Big data for autonomic and opportunistic systems
- Mobile social networking algorithms and applications
- Co-existence of opportunistic networks with infrastructure mobile wireless
  networks
- Mobility models and statistical analysis of mobility traces
- Service composition in autonomic and opportunistic networks
- Cognition-driven information processing and decision making
- Performance modelling, scaling laws, and fundamental limits for autonomic and
  opportunistic communications
- Participatory and urban sensing in autonomic and opportunistic networks
- Game-theoretic insights to the operation of autonomic and opportunistic
  networks
- Trust, security, and reputation
- Autonomic and opportunistic communication testbeds and prototypes, measurement
  data from real experiments
- Socio-economic models for autonomic and opportunistic communications
- Autonomic and opportunistic solutions for mobile cloud applications
- Applications and middleware support
- Routing, transport, and reliability issues

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. You can find
detailed submission instructions at:
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2015/submission.html

IEEE AOC 2015 is using the EDAS Conference Management Software. 
Paper submission is possible via this link:
http://edas.info/N19275

Manuscripts are limited to 6 pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to the IEEE conference template format. Guidelines on paper submission and formatting are available at http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2015/submission.html

********************************************************************************
Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend the workshop 
and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of 
IEEE WoWMoM 2015 and published in the IEEE Digital Library. Workshop organizers 
reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the workshop 
(e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.

There will be no separate registration for workshop, but one single registration 
will cover both conference and workshops participation. At least one author of 
each accepted paper is required and present his/her work at the workshop.
********************************************************************************

EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended versions of workshop selected papers will be considered for possible
fast track publication on the Computer Communications Journal (Elsevier). 

IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED DEADLINES)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Abstract submission deadline:   	March 14, 2015 (EXTENDED)
- Full manuscript due:                  March 20, 2015 (EXTENDED)
- Acceptance notification:              April 20, 2015
- Camera Ready:                         May 7,    2015

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at 
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2015, or contact the PC Chairs:
[email-masked]

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP Co-Chairs
Lorenzo Valerio, IIT-CNR, Italy 
Matteo Mordacchini, IIT-CNR, Italy

STEERING Committee
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy 
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland 
Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

PUBLICITY Chair
Elisabetta Biondi, IIT-CNR, Italy

PROGRAM Committee
Andreea Picu, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Anna Forster, SUPSI, Switzerland
Chiara Boldrini, IIT-CNR, Italy
Christian Rohner, Uppsala University, Sweden
Daniele Miorandi, Create-net, Italy
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland
Eiko Yoneki, University of Cambridge, UK
Elena Pagani, University of Milano, Italy
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy
Franck Legendre, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Gunnar Karlsson, KTH, Sweden
Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
Jian-Nong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
Jorg Ott, Aalto University, Finland
Katia Obraczka, University of California Santa Cruz, USA 
Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ionian University, Greece
Kyunghan Lee, North Carolina State University, USA
Michela Papandrea, SUSPSI, Switzerland
Melek Onen, EURECOM, France
Nils Aschenbruck, University of Osnabruck, Germany
Roger Whitaker, Cardiff University, UK
Sebastian Zander, Swinbourne University of Technology, Australia
Serge Fdida, UPMC Sorbonne Universites, France
Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos, EURECOM, France
Tristan Henderson, University of St Andrews, United Kingdom
Valerio Arnaboldi, IIT-CNR, Italy
Valtteri Niemi, University of Turku, Finland
Vania Conan, Thales Communication and Security, France