Subject: [dtn-interest] Ping Failed when use ad-hoc mode

From: Ahmad Zainudin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 09:28:49 +0700

Dear all,
I am use DTN 2.9.0 and debian jessie operating system, I have install DTN2
and ping with another node (ip 192.168.50.1 and 192.168.50.2) use ad-hoc
mode successful. Ping from 192.168.50.2 to 192.168.50.1
root@dtn-2:/home/dtn-2# ping 192.168.50.1
PING 192.168.50.1 (192.168.50.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=3.71 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=3.52 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=20.6 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=2.57 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=1.49 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.50.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=18.2 ms

and then I use static routing with configure in dtn.conf

on pc 192.168.50.1
route set type static
route local_eid "dtn://dtn-1.dtn"
interface add tcp0 tcp
interface add udp0 udp
link add link1 192.168.50.2 ONDEMAND tcp
route add dtn://dtn-2.dtn/* link1

on pc 192.168.50.2
route set type static
route local_eid "dtn://dtn-2.dtn"
interface add tcp0 tcp
interface add udp0 udp
link add link1 192.168.50.1 ONDEMAND tcp
route add dtn://dtn-1.dtn/* link1

I use command dtnping
ping localhost success
root@dtn-2:/usr/local/src/dtn-2.9.0/apps/dtnping# dtnping localhost
source_eid [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping.2181]
dtn_register succeeded, regid 36
PING [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping] (expiration 30)...
20 bytes from [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping]: 'dtnping!' seqno=0, time=230 ms
20 bytes from [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping]: 'dtnping!' seqno=1, time=285 ms
20 bytes from [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping]: 'dtnping!' seqno=2, time=263 ms
20 bytes from [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping]: 'dtnping!' seqno=3, time=263 ms
20 bytes from [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping]: 'dtnping!' seqno=4, time=275 ms

But use command dtnping to another node failed

root@dtn-2:/usr/local/src/dtn-2.9.0/apps/dtnping# dtnping -c 6
dtn://dtn-1.dtn/ping
source_eid [dtn://dtn-2.dtn/ping.2188]
dtn_register succeeded, regid 37
PING [dtn://dtn-1.dtn/ping] (expiration 30)...

log in daemon
root@dtn-2:/usr/local/src/dtn-2.9.0/daemon# dtnd -c dtn.conf
[1441185215.847809 /dtnd notice] random seed is 847792
[1441185215.848060 /dtnd notice] DTN daemon starting up... (pid 2174)
[1441185215.998328 /S10 notice] Lines marked "S10" are log lines added to
make parsing
[1441185215.998387 /S10 notice] the logs easier after extended tests. These
were added for
[1441185215.998410 /S10 notice] the summer 2010 N4C summer trial and are
mainly new lines
[1441185215.998442 /S10 notice] that allow tracing bundles across multiple
hops.
[1441185215.998459 /S10 notice] To extract these do the following...
[1441185215.998477 /S10 notice]      grep "S10 info" <dtnd-log-files> |
grep -v grep | awk '{print $4,$5}' | sort -n
[1441185215.999192 /dtn/bundle/daemon notice] loading bundles from data
store
dtn-2 dtn% [1441185385.969955 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0
[1441185390.973518 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0
[1441185395.979608 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0
[1441185400.991478 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0
[1441185405.998484 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0
[1441185411.002293 /dtn/contact/manager error]
ContactManager::new_opportunistic_link: failed to add new opportunistic
link link-0

What is the happen? What is the configure to solved this problem?
Thanks,
Zai

---

From: Ahmad Zainudin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 09:51:57 +0700

I use ad-hoc configure as follows ( /etc/network/interfaces)
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
    address 192.168.50.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    wireless-channel 1
    wireless-essid DTN-Network
    wireless-mode ad-hoc

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Ahmad Zainudin <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> [1441185215.998387 /S10 notice] the logs easier after extended tests.
> These were added for