Subject: [dtn-interest] How to get wifi signal information in ad hoc mode

From: Ahmad Zainudin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 21:40:48 +0700

Dear All,
I am trying to get signal quality and link quality about two nodes that
connected in ad hoc mode. So I can choose the best node to become a courier
in DTN network. I tried to use iwspy command but it show the result like
this :

# iwspy wlan0 + c4:e9:84:16:1f:07 192.168.10.2
Interface doesn't accept reading addresses...
SIOCGIWSPY: Operation not supported

# iwspy wlan0  c4:e9:84:16:1f:07 192.168.10.2
Interface doesn't accept addresses...
SIOCSIWSPY: Operation not supported

Could anyone help me to solve this problem? or maybe there is another
method like iwspy?

Thanks,

Zai

---

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:48:12 +0200

Hi!

> Could anyone help me to solve this problem? or maybe there is another

iwspy, iwpriv and iwconfig are deprecated. you should use 'iw' instead.
try with

iw dev wlan0 station dump

Cheers

Daniel