Subject: [dtn-interest] I-D Action: draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:59:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DTN IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND)
        Authors         : Daniel Ellard
                          Richard Altmann
                          Alex Gladd
                          Daniel Brown
                          Ronald in 't Velt
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-11-05

Abstract:
   Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND), is
   a method for otherwise oblivious nodes to learn of the existence,
   availability, and addresses of other DTN participants.  IPND both
   sends and listens for small IP UDP announcement "beacons."  Beacon
   messages are addressed to an IP unicast, multicast, or broadcast
   destination to discover specified or unspecified remote neighbors, or
   unspecified local neighbors in the topology, e.g. within wireless
   range.  IPND beacons advertise neighbor availability by including the
   DTN node's canonical endpoint identifier.  IPND beacons optionally
   include service availability and parameters.  In this way, neighbor
   discovery and service discovery may be coupled or decoupled as
   required.  Once discovered, new neighbor pairs use advertised
   availabilities to connect, exchange routing information, etc.  This
   document describes DTN IPND.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Daniel Ellard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:09:07 -0500

Credit is due to Ronald in 't Velt, who updated the previous draft
to address the comments to the long-expired draft -02, and did the
work of putting together this draft.  Hopefully this draft will spur
discussion that will generate additional improvements.

Is dntrg still the right venue for this, or should it be taken up by
the IETF WG?

-Dan

On 11/10/15 3:59 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest

-- 
Daniel Ellard, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Network Research
Raytheon BBN Technologies
[email-masked]
617-873-8004