Subject: [dtn-interest] [CfDemos] LCN 2017, 42nd IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks; Demo proposals due 25th July

From: LCN Publicity Chairs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 20:40:22 +1000

[Please let us know if it is undesirable to send CfPs to this list,
and accept our apologies if this is the case.]

== Call for Demos ==

The 42nd IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), October 9-12, 2017,
Singapore

http://www.ieeelcn.org/

=== Important dates  ===

* Demo Submission: July 25th, 2017
* Demo Acceptance: August 10th, 2017
* Demo Camera Ready: August 25th, 2017

=== Scope  ===

IEEE LCN 2017 will feature a demo session with the aim of providing
demonstrations that validate important research issues and/or show innovative
prototypes. Authors are invited to submit technical demonstrations showing
innovative and original research.

Proposals (no more than 3 pages) should be submitted via EDAS to the LCN Demo
Track, and should describe the scope, significance and required equipment. IEEE
LCN is a premier conference on theoretical and practical aspects of computer
networking. The proposal should include one page that describes what conference
participants will be able to see or experience during the demonstration. The
authors are encouraged to highlight the research component of the demo and
explicitly mention the novelty of the showcased technology/solution.

<https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=23387>

In general, IEEE LCN is looking for demonstrations in all topics covered by the
main conference in addition to all the workshops held in conjunction with LCN
2017. Research prototypes as well as commercial products are welcome.
Demonstrations will be selected based on the expected interest from the LCN
audience. A public's favourite award will be given for the best demo of the
session. Please see the LCN 2017 Home and Demonstrations Page for further
details and updates.

<http://www.ieeelcn.org/>
<http://www.ieeelcn.org/Program_demos.html>

=== Proposal submission ===

A proposal should include: Scope and significance of the demo and the basic idea
that it supports, equipment to be used for the demo, space and setup time
needed, and additional facilities needed including power and Internet/wireless
access. Proposals (no more than 3 pages) can be submitted via EDAS.

<https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=23387>

=== Background Information ===

All demo proposals will be reviewed by the members of the Demo Board via an EDAS
score sheet. The scores will be provided to the authors along with the
notification. For registration, a demo is not regarded as a paper; a non-author
registration is therefore needed for the presenter. For authors of LCN or
workshop papers there is no extra charge for a demo. The conference registration
will cover the demo.

=== Demo Board ===

Demonstration Chair: Adel Ben Mnaouer, Canadian University Dubai

* Katrin Reitsma, Motorola Solutions, USA
* Karl Andersson, Lule? University of Technology, Sweden
* Matthias Hollick, SEEMOO Lab, TU Darmstadt, Germany
* Dr. Kemal Akkaya, Florida International University, USA
* Stefan Aust, NEC Communication Systems Ltd, Japan
* Simone Ferlin, University of Oslo
* Nicolas Kuhn, CNES, France
* Emmanuel Lochin, University of Toulouse – ISAE, France
* Olivier Mehani, Learnosity, Sydney (Australia)
* Tim Strayer, BBN Technologies, USA
* Manabu Tsukada, The University of Tokyo, Japan
* Ons Bouachir, Canadian University Dubai, UAE
* Anis Yazidi, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Science, Norway
* Aref Meddeb, Université de Sousse, Tunisie
* Amine Dhraief, University of Manouba
* Emad Eldin Mohamed, Canadian University Dubai, UAE.