Subject: [dtn-interest] [DEADLINE EXTENSION] WoC'19: The 5th International Workshop on Containers- in conjunction with ACM/IFIP International MIDDLEWARE 2019

From: Parisa Heidari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 21:50:33 -0400

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

==============

DEADLINE EXTENSION

__**WoC 2019**__

** The Fifth International Workshop on Container Technologies and Container
Clouds **

https://sites.google.com/view/containers19/home

9-13 December 2019
Davis, California, USA
Held in conjunction with ACM/IFIP International MIDDLEWARE Conference
[ http://2019.middleware-conference.org/ ]

----------------------------------------

*IMPORTANT DATES:*
Submission Deadline: September 9, 2019 (Extended)
Author Notification: September 27, 2019
Camera-ready Deadline: October 18, 2019
Workshop date (TBD): 9-13 December 2019

----------------------------------------

Containers are a lightweight OS-level virtualization. In the recent years,
container-based virtualization for applications has gained immense
popularity thanks to the success of technologies like Docker. Container
management is one of the key challenges of adopting this technology. As a
result, management middleware like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc., are witnessing
widespread adoption in the industry today. While Containers as a technology
have reached an acceptable level of maturity, we see today that most of the
challenges hindering the full scale adoption of this technology lies in the
limitation of the existing middleware managing containerized workloads.
Problems around scalability, security, high-availability, disaster
recovery, and compliance are still active research areas that require
innovative solutions.

The aim of this workshop is to shed the light on the main challenges and
solutions of running containerized workloads in clustered environments.

The fifth workshop on container technologies and container clouds solicits
contributions in this area from researchers and practitioners in both the
academia and industry. The workshop welcomes submissions describing
unpublished research, position papers as well as deployment experiences on
various topics related to containers as outlined below:

Topics of interested include but are not limited to:
----------------------------------------------------

- Scalability and performance of container management middleware (K8s,
Mesos, ...)
- Security, isolation and performance of containers in shared environments
- Network architectures for multi-host container deployments
- Orchestration models for cloud scale deployments
- High availability systems for containerized workloads
- Leveraging hardware support for containers and containerized workloads
- Migrating and optimizing traditional workloads for containers
- Operational issues surrounding management of large clusters of containers
- Container use cases and challenges for HPC, Big Data and IoT applications
- Leveraging cognitive techniques for container management
- Performance enhancement of containers
- Use cases of using containers such as serverless computing and PaaS
- Comparative studies between different middleware for managing containers
- Comparative studies between containers, uni-kernels, and any other
virtualization technologies
- Other topics relevant to containers management

Submissions:
------------
Accepted papers should be no longer than 6 pages in the standard ACM
format. Note that at least one author on each accepted workshop paper must
hold a full pre-conference registration. Workshop organizers are
responsible for preparing the papers for their workshops in the format
required by ACM. As in previous years, the Middleware conference organizers
will provide companion proceedings including all workshop papers, which
will be available in the ACM Digital Library. This is subject to the
availability of camera-ready version by October 18, 2019. Please upload
your papers in PDF form to easychair [
https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=lQRwvhL3sxr50iePyOPrJ4].

Submissions will be judged on novelty, relevance, clarity of presentation,
and correctness. Authors of accepted submissions are required to present
their work. Accepted papers and abstracts will be made available in the
conference website at least one week before the workshop, so that the
participants can come prepared having read the papers. *Accepted
submissions will be published via ACM Digital Library*

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

__ Workshop Chairs:

* Ali Kanso – IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
* Seetharami R. Seelam – IBM T. J. Watson Research Center

__ Publicity Chair:

* Parisa Heidari – Edge Gravity by Ericsson

__ Program Committee Chair:

* Abdelouahed Gherbi, ETS University, Montreal, Canada

__ Program Committee (To Be Confirmed):

* Michela Taufer, University of Deleware

* Gregor von Laszewski, Indiana University

* Olivier Sallou, INRIA

* Hassan Hawilo, Western University, Canada

* Chen Wang, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center

* Ming Zhao, Arizona State University

* Abhishek Gupta, Intel

* Wubin Li, Ericsson Research, Montreal, Canada

* Timothy Wood, George Washington University

* Shriram Rajagopalan, VMware

* Marco Cello, Nokia Bell Labs

* Wei Tan, Citaldel

* Manar Jammal, Western University, Canada

* Vatche Ishakian, IBM Research

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>