Subject: [dtn-interest] 2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC): Submission Deadlines Extended by One Week

From: Sinem Coleri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:30:52 +0300

Dear Colleagues,

The paper submission deadlines of the 2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking
Conference (VNC’19) have been extended by one week. Please find enclosed
below an updated Call for Paper with the revised deadlines.

Thanks and regards,

VNC’19 Organizing Committee

Call for Papers

2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC)

University of California - Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

December 4-6, 2019

http://www.ieee-vnc.org/

The IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC) is the premiere conference
on vehicular networks and applications. It brings together researchers,
professionals, and practitioners to share the latest results and to
brainstorm the next phases of exploration in the foundations, technologies,
and applications of vehicular communication networks. The 2019 VNC will be
held in the University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA), USA, between
December 4-6, 2019.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

   -

   5G technologies for connected and automated vehicles
   -

   Innovative vehicular network applications (e.g., those in transportation
   safety, efficiency, and comfort as well as electrical vehicle and power
   grid integration) and their communication requirements
   -

   Communications and networking for automated and semi-automated vehicles
   (e.g., collective perception, sensor data sharing, cooperative driving,
   cooperative maneuvering, cooperative intersections and highways, platooning)
   -

   Field measurements and/or real-world deployments of vehicular networks
   and applications
   -

   Impact assessments of vehicular networks on transportation (e.g.,
   safety, efficiency, comfort, environmental sustainability)
   -

   Modeling, design, as well as theoretical and empirical analysis of
   vehicular networks and applications
   -

   Hardware and software platforms for the simulation, emulation,
   prototyping, measurement, and/or real-world deployment of vehicular
   networks and applications
   -

   Emerging V2X communication and networking technologies such as cellular
   V2X (C-V2X), dynamic spectrum sharing, mmWave, massive MIMO, beamforming,
   and vehicular visible light communications (VLC)
   -

   In-vehicle communication and networking systems (e.g., TSN, FlexRay,
   TT-CAN, and mmWave)
   -

   Vehicular networking architectures and system design
   -

   Novel physical layer communication technologies for vehicular networks
   -

   Radio propagation aspects of vehicular networks (e.g., channel
   measurements, propagation models, antenna design)
   -

   Vehicular MAC and link layer protocols (e.g., those for URLLC)
   -

   Vehicular network layer protocols (e.g., real-time information
   dissemination)
   -

   Transport control and middleware for vehicular network systems (e.g.,
   congestion control, real-time messaging)
   -

   Heterogeneous vehicular networking (e.g., multi-radio, multi-channel,
   multi-application, multi-technology)
   -

   Network and QoS management for vehicular networks
   -

   Security, privacy, liability, and dependability of vehicular networks
   -

   Communications related to electric and hybrid vehicles
   -

   Integration of V2C with on-board systems and networks
   -

   Edge computing for vehicular applications
   -

   Vehicular networks and IoT integration

All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. A Best Paper Award will be
given to a high-impact paper selected by a committee. Accepted papers will
appear in the conference proceedings and will be archived in the IEEE
Xplore Digital Library.

Manuscript Submissions

The submitted papers must be written in English and be formatted in the
standard IEEE two-column format and with a font size no less than 10-point.
The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found
at the IEEE Templates
<https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html> page. Only
Adobe PDF files will be accepted for the review process. All submissions
must be made electronically through EDAS at https://edas.info/N26705.

The conference will consider four categories of submissions:

   -

   Full Papers should describe novel research contributions and are limited
   in length to eight (8) printed pages including figures, tables, and
   references. Papers exceeding 8 pages will be declined automatically and
   will not be reviewed.
   -

   Short Papers should be more visionary in nature and may report on
   work-in-progress without fully finished results. They are meant to present
   novel perspectives, so as to foster discussions about innovative directions
   and new points of view. They are limited to at most four (4) pages
   including figures, tables, and references, but might in many cases be even
   shorter. Accepted short papers will be included in the proceedings and will
   be given (a shorter) time for oral presentation at the conference.

Please note that the full paper and short paper categories target different
kinds of contributions. Papers submitted to a category will NOT be moved to
a different category: a paper will either be accepted for the category
where it has been submitted, or it will be rejected. Full papers will not
be “downgraded” to short papers. Therefore, please be sure to carefully
assess for yourself prior to submission which is the most suitable
submission category for your paper, and to make sure that the presentation
in the manuscript is well suited to the aims of the chosen category.

   -

   Poster papers are especially suited for presenting controversial
   research directions that may generate discussion, or promising ideas not
   yet fully validated through complete extensive evaluation.
   -

   Demonstration (demo) papers are suited for researchers to showcase their
   latest prototypes with media, models, or live demonstrations. The demo
   session will be co-located with the poster session to ensure maximum
   visibility and a close interaction with the conference audience.

Poster/demo papers should be 2-page papers following standard IEEE 2-column
format using 10-point font. All paper submissions must be written in
English. The title of the paper should begin with either "Poster:" or
"Demo:".

Important Dates

Full/short paper submission deadline: September 22, 2019, 23:59 AOE
(Extended and Final)

Demo/Poster paper submission deadline: October 7, 2019, 23:59 AOE (Extended
and Final)

Acceptance notification: October 22, 2019

Camera ready paper due: November 4, 2019

Conference: December 4-6, 2019