Subject: [dtn-interest] The 6th IEEE International Conference on Dependability in Sensor, Cloud, and Big Data Systems and Applications (IEEE DependSys 2020)

From: Shazia Riaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 23:18:19 -0700

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

Call For Papers

=============================================================================

The 6th IEEE International Conference on Dependability in Sensor, Cloud,
and Big Data Systems and Applications (IEEE DependSys 2020), 14-16 December
2020, Fiji [Submission Deadline: Sep. 1][10+ Special Issues]

http://cse.stfx.ca/~dependsys/2020/index.html

IEEE DependSys 2020 conference is the 6th event in the series of
conferences which offers a timely venue for bringing together new ideas,
techniques, and solutions for dependability and its issues in sensor,
cloud, and big data systems and applications. As we are deep into the
Information Age, huge amounts of data are generated every day from sensors,
individual archives, social networks, Internet of Things, enterprises and
Internet in various scales and format which will pose a major challenge to
the dependability of our designed systems. As these systems often tend to
become inert, fragile, and vulnerable after a period of running.
Effectively improving the dependability of sensor, cloud, big data systems
and applications has become increasingly critical.

This conference provides a forum for individuals, academics, practitioners,
and organizations who are developing or procuring sophisticated computer
systems on whose dependability of services they need to place great
confidence. Future systems need to close the dependability gap in face of
challenges in different circumstances. The emphasis will be on differing
properties of such services, e.g., continuity, effective performance,
real-time responsiveness, ability to overcome data fault, corruption,
anomaly, ability to avoid catastrophic failures, prevention of deliberate
privacy intrusions, reliability, availability, sustainability,
adaptability, heterogeneity, security, safety, and so on.

=============================================================================

IEEE DependSys 2020 is sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, and IEEE
Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC). All accepted papers will
be submitted to IEEE Xplore and Engineering Index (EI). Best Paper Awards
will be presented to high quality papers. Distinguished papers, after
further revisions, will be published in 10+ SCI & EI indexed prestigious
journals (confirmed).

1. Information Fusion (IF: 13.669)

SI on Fusion from Big Data to Smart Data

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-fusion/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-fusion-from-big-data-to-smart-data

2. Information Fusion (IF: 13.669)

SI on Data Fusion for Trust Evaluation

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-fusion/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-data-fusion-for-trust-evaluation

3. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (IF: 9.112)

SI on Digital Twinning: Integration AI-ML and Big Data Analytics for
Virtual Representation

http://www.ieee-ies.org/images/files/tii/ss/2020/Digital_Twinning_Integrating_AI-ML_and_Big_Data_Analytics_for_Virtual_Representation_2020-4-30.pdf

4. Future Generation Computer Systems (IF: 6.125)

SI on Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Defence and Smart Policing

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/future-generation-computer-systems/call-for-papers/artificial-intelligence-for-cyber-defence-and-smart-policing

5. Journal of Cloud Computing (IF: 2.788)

SI on Security and Privacy Issues for AI in Edge-Cloud Computing

https://journalofcloudcomputing.springeropen.com/securityprivacyaiedgecloud?from=singlemessage

6. Software: Practice and Experience

SI on Software and Hardware Co-Design for Sustainable Cyber-Physical Systems

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/pb-assets/assets/page/journal/1097024x/SI_softandhard.pdf

7. MDPI Electronics (IF: 2.412)

SI on Blockchain-based Technology for Mobile Application

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/BTMA

8. IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatics Sinica (IF: 5.129)

SI on Blockchain for Internet-of-Things and Cyber-Physical Systems:
Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges

http://www.ieee-jas.org/news/news_en/9248195c-6d90-4868-9962-263ed9ba12f3_en.htm

9. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (IF: 5.213)

SI on Computing and Networking for Cyber-Physical-Social Systems

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnse/cfp/computing-and-networking-cyber-physical-social-systems

10. IEEE Access (IF: 3.745)

SI on Reliability in Sensor-Cloud Systems and Applications (SCSA)

https://ieeeaccess.ieee.org/special-sections/reliability-in-sensor-cloud-systems-and-applications-scsa/

* More special issues will be added later.

==================

Important Dates

==================

Workshop Proposal/Special Session Due: 30 June 2020

Submission Deadline: 1 September 2020

Authors Notification Date: 15 October 2020

Final Manuscript Due: 10 November 2020

Conference Date: 14-16 December 2020

==================

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to

==================

Track 1: Dependability and Security Fundamentals and Technologies

- Concepts, theory, principles, standardization and modelling, and
methodologies

- Dependability of sensor, wireless, and Ad-hoc networks, software defined
networks

- Dependability issues in cloud/fog/edge

- Security and privacy

- Security/privacy in cloud/fog/edge

- Homomorphic encryption, differential privacy

- Blockchain security

- Artificial intelligence

- Big data foundation and management

- Dependable IoT supporting technologies

Track 2: Dependable and Secure Systems

- Dependable sensor systems

- Dependability and availability issues in distributed systems

- Cyber-physical systems (e.g. automotive, aerospace, healthcare, smart
grid systems)

- Database and transaction processing systems

- Safety and security in distributed computing systems

- Self-healing, self-protecting, and fault-tolerant systems

- Dependability in automotive systems

- Dependable integration

- Dependability in big data systems

- Software system security

Track 3: Dependable and Secure Applications

- Sensor and robot applications

- Big data applications

- Cloud/fog/edge applications

- Datacenter monitoring

- Safety care, medical care and services

- Aerospace, industrial, and transportation applications

- Energy, smart grid, IoT, CPS, smart city, and utility applications

- Decentralized applications, federated learning applications

- Mobile sensing applications, detection and tracking

Track 4: Dependability and Security Measures and Assessments

- Dependability metrics and measures for safety, trust, faith, amenity,
easiness, comfort, and worry

- Levels and relations, assessment criteria and authority

- Dependability measurement, modeling, evaluation, and tools

- Dependability evaluation

- Software and hardware reliability, verification and validation

- Evaluations and tools of anomaly detection and protection in sensor,
cloud, big data systems

==================

Paper Submission

==================

All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference
submission website (https://edas.info/N27703) with PDF format. The
materials presented in the papers should not be published or under
submission elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with
over length charge) including figures and references using IEEE Computer
Society Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10
fonts). You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author
Guidelines at the following web page: http://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/

Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings can be found at:

https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI). At
least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the
paper at the conference.

==================

Organizing Committee

==================

General Chairs

- Mohammad Zulkernine, Queen's University, Canada

- Aniello Castiglione, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy

- Alireza Jolfaei, Macquarie University, Australia

Program Chairs

- Salimur Choudhury, Lakehead University, Canada

- Qinghua Lu, CSIRO, Australia

- Jun Feng, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China

Steering Committee

- Jie Wu, Temple University, USA (Chair)

- Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan, Fordham University, USA (Chair)

- Guojun Wang, Guangzhou University, China

- Vincenzo Piuri, University of Milan, Italy

- Jiannong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

- Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada

- Sy-Yen Kuo, National Taiwan University, Taiwan

- Yi Pan, Georgia State University, USA

- A. B. M Shawkat Ali, The University of Fiji, Fiji

- Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA

- Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, Southeast University, Bangladesh

- Kenli Li, Hunan University, China

- Shui Yu, University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia

- Yang Xiang, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia

- Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, The University of Texas at San Antonio, USA

- Kamruzzaman Joarder, Federation University and Monash University,
Australia

Track Chairs

- Linzhi Jiang, University of Surrey, UK

- Hongfa Ding, Guizhou University of Finance and Economics, China

Workshop Chairs

- Tao Song, Polytechnical University of Madrid, Spain

- Mohammad Shojafar, University of Surrey, UK

- Changqiao Xu, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China

Publicity Chairs

- Qin Liu, Hunan University, China

- Adnan Anwar, Deakin University, Asutralia

- Saqib Ali, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan

Finance Chair

- Neeraj Sharma, The University of Fiji, Fiji

Web Chairs

- Yihong Chen, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada

- Xin Nie, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China