Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE PerCom 2022: Extended paper registration and submission deadlines (Oct 8th & 14th)

From: Mirko Nardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:00:00 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
==========================================================

*************************************************************************
The 20th International Conference on Pervasive Computing and
Communications (PerCom 2022), March 21-25, 2022
Pisa, Italy
http://www.percom.org

*************************************************************************
* DEADLINES EXTENDED (due to many requests):                            *
*    Oct 8th, 2021 (abstract registration)                              *
*    Oct 14th, 2021 (full papers)                                       *
*                                                                       *
* CONFERENCE FORMAT:                                                    *
*   PerCom 2022 is currently planned as a hybrid events.                *
*   Authors of accepted papers will have the option of attending        *
*   either physically or virtually.                                     *
*                                                                       *
* CONFERENCE RANKING:                                                   *
*   IEEE PerCom has received the highest-ranking assessment of          *
*   >>>  A* (top 7%)  <<<  in the CORE 2021 ranking                     *
*************************************************************************

*************************************************************************
Call for Papers

PerCom is the premier annual scholarly venue in pervasive computing
and communications. Pervasive computing has found its way into many
commercial systems due to tremendous advances in a broad spectrum
of technologies and topics such as wireless networking, mobile and
distributed computing, sensor systems, ambient intelligence, and
smart devices.

Conference organizers are monitoring the situation of COVID-19 and
international travel restrictions. We are ready to take necessary
steps, including transforming the conference into a hybrid experience
for physical and virtual attendees, to accommodate authors who may
face travel difficulties.

RANKING

Out of 811 ranked conferences, the CORE 2021 conference ranking
assessment positioned PerCom in the top 7% of academic conferences and
receiving the highest-ranking assessment of A*. The CORE conference
ranking provides assessments of major conferences in the computing
disciplines. Conference rankings are determined by a mix of indicators
including citation rates, paper submission and acceptance rates, and
the visibility and research track record of the key people hosting the
conference and managing its technical program.
Source: http://portal.core.edu.au/conf-ranks/669/

SCOPE

PerCom 2022 solicits research contributions in all areas pertinent
to pervasive computing and communications, especially those that
cross traditional research boundaries. In particular, we target:

- Advances in pervasive systems and infrastructures: middleware systems
and services; data engineering for pervasive computing; cloud, fog
and edge computing; integrations of smartphones in pervasive
experiences; applications of device-to-device coordination.

- Theories, models, and algorithms: context modeling and reasoning;
adaptive computing; activity and emotion recognition; programming
paradigms; applied machine learning; deep machine learning; federated
learning; causal learning; cognitive computing; complex networks;
spatio-temporal modeling techniques.

- Domain-specific challenges and novel applications: urban/mobile
crowdsensing & intelligence; PerCom for healthcare and well-being;
smart homes and virtual assistants; innovative PerCom applications
(e.g., sports analytics, crime prevention, pervasive nowcasting).

- Intersections of PerCom with: opportunistic networks; IoT and sensor
systems; RFID systems; pervasive data science, and cyber physical
systems.

- New techniques for user-level concerns: participatory and social
sensing; trust, security, and privacy; user interface, interaction,
and persuasion; online and offline social networking and pervasive
computing.

- Technological innovations: architectures, protocols, and technologies
for pervasive communications; energy-harvesting, self-powered, or
battery-less systems; mobile and wearable systems; smart devices
and environments; positioning and tracking technologies; wireless
crowd-recharging; device-free human sensing.

Contributions can be analytical, empirical, technological,
methodological, or a combination. Papers reporting strong systems
engineering contributions backed by solid and appropriate evaluations
are strongly encouraged. The impact of the contributions should be
demonstrated in the context of pervasive computing and communications
applications.

IMPORTANT DATES

Due to many requests, the deadlines for paper registration and
submission have been extended.
Paper registration in EDAS (extended): October 8, 2021
Submission via EDAS (extended): October 14, 2021
Notification: December 22, 2021
Camera Ready: February 5, 2022

Other important dates are here http://www.percom.org/important-dates

SUBMISSION DETAILS

Paper submission must be done for the main conference and all
associated events via EDAS (https://www.edas.info/). If you do not
have an EDAS account, please, register first (it's free) via the
following link https://edas.info/newPerson.php?noauth=1.  The direct
submission link for PerCom 2022 is here: https://edas.info/N28655.

PerCom 2022 will follow a double-blind review process. As a result,
authors must make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions.

Submitted papers must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere
for publication. Also, they must show a significant relevance to
pervasive computing and communications. Submitted papers will undergo
a rigorous review process handled by the Technical Program Committee.
Only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered.

The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as formatting
instructions, can be found here
https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. Papers
must be at most 9 pages of technical content (10pt font, 2-column
format), including text, figures, and tables and up to one additional
page for references only.

Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore. All accepted
papers will be invited to submit an associated artifact abstract
providing the code, data, results, etc. associated with the
contribution.

BEST PAPER AWARD AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UPs

The best paper will receive the prestigious Mark Weiser Best Paper
Award.

Papers of particular merit will be considered for a special issue
of the Elsevier journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC).

TPC CHAIR AND VICE CHAIRS

Salil Kanhere, UNSW Sydney, Australia
Claudio Cicconeti, IIT-CNR, Italy
Peizhao Hu, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
Qin Lv, University of Colorado Boulder, USA

CONTACT INFORMATION

[email-masked]

DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION

PerCom values particularly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion aspects.
Check here for specific information:
http://www.percom.org/percom-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-statement