Subject: [dtn-interest] 6GSatComNet 2022 : 2nd IEEE Workshop on Satellite Mega-Constellations in the 6G Era

From: Pablo Madoery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:28:40 -0300

*6GSatComNet 2022 : 2nd IEEE Workshop on Satellite Mega-Constellations in
the 6G Era*

*Scope*
There is rejuvenated interest in satellite communications & networking.
Both the satellite and 3GPP industries aim at developing a seamlessly
integrated one network. One main difference between the legacy satellite
systems and the mega-constellations of the 6G era satellite system is the
networking aspect with very high-speed inter-satellite links. For efficient
operation, the network will have to be autonomous, intelligent, resilient,
self-organizing & self-controlling to reduce the cost and risk of human
intervention. Distributed decision making, fault recovery, resilience, and
scalability are among the important features. These networks will rely on
AI techniques at all levels: Ground operations, on-board operations,
inter-satellite and satellite-to-ground links. The satellite
mega-constellations in the 6G era will create unprecedented opportunities
once the unprecedented challenges are addressed by the research community.

*Topics*
We seek original completed and unpublished work not currently under review
by any other journal/magazine/conference. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to:
• Design and analysis of satellite mega-constellations
• Novel use-cases for satellite networks and integration with terrestrial
networks
• HAPS (high altitude platform station) systems and HAPS constellations
• Integrated terrestrial-satellite networks, satellite – 5G/6G coexistence
• 3GPP 6G standardization with satellite communications as a native
technology
• FSO (free space optical) communications for satellite networks; laser
comm, laser links
• Satellite networks for enhanced localization, navigation and precision
positioning
• Mobility/handover management in satellite networks
• Quantum key distribution (QKD) in satellite networks
• Computation offloading through/from satellite networks
• Edge computing and caching in satellite networks
• Topology management and routing in satellite networks
• Random access techniques for satellite networks
• Dynamic spectrum sharing in satellite networks
• Multicasting techniques in satellite networks
• MIMO, massive MIMO, advanced antenna architectures, and dynamic
beamforming
• Interference avoidance and mitigation in satellite networks
• Physical layer security in satellite communications
• Security, privacy and authentical in satellite networks
• Testbeds for satellite networks and experimental studies
• AI/ML for satellite networks
• Simulation platforms for satellite networks
• IoT and M2M applications in satellite networks
• Advanced physical layer technologies for satellite communication

*Important Dates*
Paper submission due: *January 20, 2022*
Notification of acceptance: *March 06, 2022*
Camera-ready papers: *March 15, 2022*

*Submission link: *https://edas.info/N28800

*Webpage link: *
https://icc2022.ieee-icc.org/program/workshops/ws-18-workshop-satellite-mega-constellations-6g-era-6gsatcomnet22