Subject: [dtn] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-24.txt> (Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 09:02:31 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking
WG (dtn) to consider the following document: - 'Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP
Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4'
  <draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a second IETF last call due to extensive changes since previous IETF 
last call.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a TCP-based convergence layer (TCPCL) for
   Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  This version of the TCPCL protocol
   resolves implementation issues in the earlier TCPCL Version 3 of
   RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol (BP) contents, encodings,
   and convergence layer requirements in BP Version 7.  Specifically,
   the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7 bundles as its service data unit
   being transported and provides a reliable transport of such bundles.
   This version of TCPCL also includes security and extensibility
   mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.