Subject: [Ecrit] comments on I-D Mapping Arch

From: "Murugaraj Shanmugam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:42:03 +0100

Hi henning,

I went through the draft and it is in a good shape. Here are my comments:

* The draft extensively uses civic location look up as an example, however
it will be helpful for the reader to know how Geo look up will work based on
the architecture. I knew the discussion that the mechanism is the same for
both civic and geo look up but, as/for a reader, some information about geo
is missing.

* For some reasons, if the seeker gets the wrong PSAP information (or not
reachable), what the seeker shall do? Does this issue is relevant for the
architecture? For example, recommendtions to contact default PSAP?,

* IMHO, the structure of the document may be reformatted, for example
section 4 gives the overview of the operation and then section 5,6,8 also
provides some repetitve information. It would be good to combine those
sections acordingly. Then it can explain the basic operation of the mapping
architcure.
For example:
Section 4: Overview of the components/entities (Trees, FGs, Resolvers,
Seeker)
Section 5: Basic Operation (Architecture, operation, answering queries,
scalability...)

ciao,
Raj.
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:12:09 -0500

> I went through the draft and it is in a good shape. Here are my comments:

Thanks for your comments.

> 
> * The draft extensively uses civic location look up as an example, 
> however it will be helpful for the reader to know how Geo look up will 
> work based on the architecture. I knew the discussion that the mechanism 
> is the same for both civic and geo look up but, as/for a reader, some 
> information about geo is missing.

Can you be a bit more specific about the information you'd like to have? 
This will help us address this concern, as we prepare the next version.

> 
> 
> * For some reasons, if the seeker gets the wrong PSAP information (or 
> not reachable), what the seeker shall do? Does this issue is relevant 
> for the architecture? For example, recommendtions to contact default PSAP?,

This seems to be a topic for the BCP, as it is outside the scope of the 
mapping architecture and LoST. It may also depend on the service; for 
example, a pizza service is unlikely to have a default mapping ("if all 
else fails, get cheese pizza from Domino's.")

> section 4 gives the overview of the operation and then section 5,6,8 
> also provides some repetitve information. It would be good to combine 
> those sections acordingly. Then it can explain the basic operation of 
> the mapping architcure.
> 
> For example:

I will try to streamline the document, along the lines you suggest.