Subject: [Ecrit] Comments on draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-00

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:55:16 -0800

Hi;

 Few comments on the draft.

 1. What is the early URL? I can guess what this is but I think
    it should be clarified somewhere as it

 2. Section 3, 4th paragraph explains how the proxy(ESRP)
   would query the LoST server to resolve a Service URN but
   this is based on the assumption that the URI in the route header
   addressing the PSAP(assuming we are using the loose-route
   Jonathan proposed.) is stale. But is it really? And how do we
   know. There is no indication to show how fresh the psap-URI
   is. So UA can literally have obtained a new psap-URI just before
   it initiated an emergency call but according to the draft, ESRP or
   proxy would still redo the mapping.. Worse yet, because there is
   no indication that mapping has been accomplished, we may see
   multiple proxies redoing the mapping as it can't tell if the mapping
   has been executed already.. I don't know if there is any resolution
   to this and I actually don't know if this is really a problem but I 
figured
   I should share my concern..

 3. Section 5.8 talks about location being validated prior to a device 
placing
   an actual emergency call. I don't understand what the text is trying 
to say here.
   How could the validation take place without the actual request?? I am 
probably
   being stupid here and not fully understanding the text here so 
clarification would
   be much appreciated.

 4. Section 16.5. Call Signaling Integrity I think is better provided by 
SIP-Identity,
   which can provide over some headers and message body end-to-end over TLS
   which only provides integrity hop-by-hop. You already recommend the 
use of
   sip-identity to provide caller-authentication, it won't hurt to 
recommend its use
   to provide signaling integrity.

 Regards
  Shida

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit