Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Conference call on IETF/3GPP emergency call

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:49:11 -0600

At 04:47 PM 11/14/2006 +0100, Drage, Keith \(Keith\) wrote:

>H)      Indication of location used for routeing
>----------------------------------------------
>
>Draft-ietf-ecrit-framework-00 section 5.3:
>
>    The call should indicate which location information has been used for
>    routing, so that the same location information is used for all call
>    routing decisions.  Otherwise, two proxies might pick different
>    location information from the call request, resulting in different
>    routing decisions for different transactions.
>
>Not yet covered in 3GPP documentation.

All

draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-05 is the current version of the 
Location Conveyance ID, but -06 is coming very soon (in 1 to 2 weeks, not 
months) that changes the ABNF of the Geolocation header to indicate which 
location the message was routed on.  I presented the -05 to -06 changes 
last Friday, and this facet did not meet any resistance, so I believe it is 
in (as far as an ID is concerned).  Obviously this still has to go through 
WGLC (also coming very soon), in which this may change, but I don't believe 
it should - considering the positive responses on the SIP, ECRIT and 
Geopriv lists so far.

This was presented in SIP at last week's IETF meeting.

James

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit