Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Callbacks
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-25

After an emergency call is completed (either prematurely terminated
by the emergency caller or normally by the call-taker) it is possible
that the call-taker feels the need for further communication or for a
clarification.  For example, the call may have been dropped by
accident without the call-taker having sufficient information about
the current situation of a wounded person.  A call-taker may trigger
a callback towards the emergency caller using the contact information
provided with the initial emergency call.  This callback could, under
certain circumstances, then be treated like any other call and as a
consequence, it may get blocked by authorization policies or may get
forwarded to an answering machine.

The IETF emergency services architecture addresses callbacks in a
limited fashion and thereby covers a couple of scenarios.  This
document discusses some shortcomings and illustrates an extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Patel, Milan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:43:02 -0400

Hi Folks,

A new version of draft-ietf-psap-callback is now available. The draft
illustrates a solution for PSAP call back marking. 
Feedback to this approach is appreciated.

Best regards,
Milan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 8:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with
Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

After an emergency call is completed (either prematurely terminated by
the emergency caller or normally by the call-taker) it is possible that
the call-taker feels the need for further communication or for a
clarification.  For example, the call may have been dropped by accident
without the call-taker having sufficient information about the current
situation of a wounded person.  A call-taker may trigger a callback
towards the emergency caller using the contact information provided with
the initial emergency call.  This callback could, under certain
circumstances, then be treated like any other call and as a consequence,
it may get blocked by authorization policies or may get forwarded to an
answering machine.

The IETF emergency services architecture addresses callbacks in a
limited fashion and thereby covers a couple of scenarios.  This document
discusses some shortcomings and illustrates an extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-01.tx
t

 

Milan Patel 
Consultant
InterDigital Communications, LLC

Tel.: +44 7917 678 250
Fax: 
Email: [email-masked]
http://www.InterDigital.com

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of any privilege or confidentiality obligation. If you received this communication in error, please do not review, copy or distribute it, notify me immediately by email, and delete the original message and any attachments. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

---

From: "Patel, Milan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:49:54 -0400

Hi Folks,

Best regards,
Milan

-----Original Message-----

 

Milan Patel 
Consultant

Tel.: +44 7917 678 250
Fax: