Subject: Is EDIINT in use?

From: Karanitsch Johannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:16:33 +0200

Hi!

I have some questions about the status of EDIINT. Some where asked and
answered a year ago, so the situation may have changed in the meantime.

Is EDIINT in use by some companies or is it in the implementation phase?
Which companies have, or are developing, EDIINT implementations?
Have some ISP EDIINT services?
Are gateways between EDIINT and VPN available?

Thanks,
Johannes

--
Johannes Karanitsch         email: [email-masked]
Dept. TT                      URL: http://zditf2.arcs.ac.at/jk
ARCS                        phone: +43 2254 780-3173
A-2444 Seibersdorf / Austria  fax: +43 2254 72133

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:35:50 +0200

I can announce that the Swedish public sector SFTI group (Single Face To
Industry) has ratified an EDIINT based solution (AS#1) for electronic trade
with the public sector in Sweden.

The solution is totally EDIINT compliant but some features, protocol and
algorithm choices has been limited. E.g. only the combination S/MIME - RSA
- 3DES is supported.

The specifications adopted is developed from the current EDIINT documents
with raised editorial changes included. We had to restructure the original
documents in order to achieve required documentation quality and structure.

The adopted specifications can be found at:

http://www.accurata.se/eh3-ediint/index.html

EDIINT may freely use this work as input in order to make necessary
restructuring of the EDIINT specs.

/Stefan Santesson

>Are gateways between EDIINT and VPN available?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Santesson                <[email-masked]>
Accurata Systemsäkerhet AB      http://www.accurata.se
Slagthuset                      Tel. +46-40 108588              
211 20  Malmö                   Fax. +46-40 150790              
Sweden                        Mobile +46-70 5247799

PGP fingerprint: 89BC 6C79 5B3D 591B 8547  1512 7D11 DBF4 528F 29A0
-------------------------------------------------------------------