Subject: FYI - Gas Industry Standards Board (GISB) votes to adopt EDIINT AS2

From: "Dick Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:13:51 -0500

The GISB Executive Committee voted last week to adopt AS2, the only
remaining hurdle to full adoption is a final membership vote. Here is an
excerpt from the meeting minutes:

Draft Minutes of the Executive Subcommittee Meeting  June 15, 2000
Page 7 of 11

R99035: Modify the EDM Implementation Guide to support standards
convergence with IETFs HTTP Transport for Secure EDI (EDI INT
standard AS2).

Discussion: At this time in the meeting, Mr. Buccigross asked Mr. Keeler to
chair the
meeting as he planned to participate in the discussion. Mr. Keeler
agreed and chaired the meeting during the consideration of request no.
R99035. Mr. Caldwell presented the recommendation. The EDM
Subcommittee had the same concerns expressed earlier on transitioning
from one version to another. These concerns may be addressed through
request no. R97104.

Motion: The motion was made by Mr. Buccigross and seconded by Ms. Chezar to
adopt the recommendation.

Discussion: There may be changes needed to the Trading Partner Agreement
which
can be forwarded to the contract subcommittee for its consideration.

Vote: The motion passed with two abstentions.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
[email-masked]
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions